Sign in to follow this  
Lisimba

Website preview?

4 minutes ago, Dao said:

Finally read the financial documents of the GCG.

Finally understand the financial documents of the GCG.

Try to understand what's going on.

This means nothing.  Whether GCG show profit or loss means nothing.  A good accountant can use tax laws to find enough write-offs to show a loss, break even or tiny profit.  The whole point of a corporation is to pay as little tax as possible.  Investors look to the future and what their possible return will be 3-5 years from now.  The only relevant numbers that I would watch is cash on hand and cash burn rate. 

A small number of employees does not say anything about a company.  I have 6 full time employees, but use a lot of outsourcing to get projects done.  With all my contractors, you could say I have around 70 employees.  

When a company is taken over, it is extremely important that everyone (new and old) is on the same page.  If some employees are not willing to embrace new ideas, they need to be replaced.  It takes time to find new employees that fit what you are trying to achieve.  Until you find proper replacements, it is better to stay quiet.

The right motivation is a wonderful thing.  For my businesses, when someone does a good job and helps my company move forward, I have found cash bonuses are very effective way to say "Thank You".            

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tukodama said:

This means nothing.  Whether GCG show profit or loss means nothing.  A good accountant can use tax laws to find enough write-offs to show a loss, break even or tiny profit.  The whole point of a corporation is to pay as little tax as possible.  Investors look to the future and what their possible return will be 3-5 years from now.  The only relevant numbers that I would watch is cash on hand and cash burn rate. 

A small number of employees does not say anything about a company.  I have 6 full time employees, but use a lot of outsourcing to get projects done.  With all my contractors, you could say I have around 70 employees.  

When a company is taken over, it is extremely important that everyone (new and old) is on the same page.  If some employees are not willing to embrace new ideas, they need to be replaced.  It takes time to find new employees that fit what you are trying to achieve.  Until you find proper replacements, it is better to stay quiet.

The right motivation is a wonderful thing.  For my businesses, when someone does a good job and helps my company move forward, I have found cash bonuses are very effective way to say "Thank You".            

And here again. ""No. I won't read because...

1 hour ago, Dao said:

But no. Every time I see: "No. Better let someone do something that will save us all. And we will play "My Little Pony" on forum and believe that everything will be fine by itself".

Waiting for the miracle
There's nothing left to do
I haven't been this happy
Since the end of World War II
Nothing left to do
When you know that you've been taken
Nothing left to do
When you're begging for a crumb
Nothing left to do
When you've got to go on waiting
Waiting for the miracle to come. (Leonard Cohen)

37 minutes ago, Tukodama said:

I have found cash bonuses are very effective way to say "Thank You".

I wish I had you as a boss * sighs * 

2 hours ago, Dao said:

You don't like self-quoting? Let me quote myself again: "If the community manager tells the truth, he will be kicked out of his position. If the community manager lies, the community will kick him out." What should they do? Lie or tell the truth? Because they will suffer anyway. 

The community manager needs to be honest with the people they work with but also with the users.  To do this, is to be aware of what the company wants and also what the users want.  You can be honest to both sides. You just need to listen to see what needs to be addressed with both sides.  Then you find the best way to bring information forward that helps both parties.

It is not a you vs them thing. Both sides want what is best for the game but there are different view points about how to get there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dao said:

What is my solution to the problems we currently have? Really? Did not you notice?

I write this in every post. I wrote this 20 times if not more.

My solution is:

Finally read the financial documents of the GCG.

Finally understand the financial documents of the GCG.

Try to understand what's going on.

But no. Every time I see: "No. Better let someone do something that will save us all. And we will play "My Little Pony" on forum and believe that everything will be fine by itself".

Lots of negativity, you say.

After reading all these document, what positive answer can I give to suggestion: "Right now, I think the best option - albeit temporary - would be to have the LFM (Brattygirlsback) and LDM (Stonesolid) being the ones doing the communication at the Forum and the Discord channels."

You don't even realize that they just don't have anything to say to you. Just like Demona didn't have anything to say before.

How do you think appointing Brattygirlsback and Stonesolid will help.

You don't like self-quoting? Let me quote myself again: "If the community manager tells the truth, he will be kicked out of his position. If the community manager lies, the community will kick him out." What should they do? Lie or tell the truth? Because they will suffer anyway. Did you think about that when you made your suggestion? Even when I tried to gently hint at it, you failed to understand the meaning.

Or were you waiting for me to join your Mutual Admiration Society? Or do you think if I keep quiet it will help the game?

Now answer my question:

Have you even tried to find financial documents (they exist in the public domain), look at the root of the problem and think about what is happening? What exactly did you do besides long exercises in sophistry for any reason?

So your solution is to read some documents.
That's not a solution, that's only gathering information.

As for the rest:

Good luck with your I Hate Krister group. Perhaps one day you're actually able to come up with a real solution. Although I doubt it.

As for your take on a CRM: Even "Lord Haw-Haw" was speaking the truth occasionally..............

• Like 1

Inside we both know what’s been going on

We know the game and we’re gonna play it

23 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

After Demona took over Retro's job, the "old" staff should've started to look for a replacement by opening the application in a similar way Demona did that a few weeks ago. By ignoring the fact that we didn't have a replacement for the CRM, the "old" staff is - imho - at least partially responsible for this problem.

Demona did take over my job, she was the assistant for a very short time before I informed the team of my plans to leave and we worked on a handover timeline (2-3 months iirc). It wasn't a long time Community Manager and Asst Community Manager, there was a very small overlap period. 

It's not usually something thats needed (a backup for each role), assistants are ones that handle certain tasks as they're needed rather than just waiting to step up. It tends to be the volunteer roles that have assistants to ensure that there's adequate coverage

Edited by Archaed

On 8/7/2023 at 12:39 PM, DannyUK said:

Malena/Katspurr explained on stream that she submitted pictures to the team but it isn't as simple as just accepting them. She said it is a back and forth thing and that they were having discussions about it. I'm assuming that is the hold up but I have no idea what else is going on behind the scenes, just passing on information.

To be exact, what I said on stream (last Friday) was that I have completed and delivered my part of the work (images). And that they (those involved in working on the website) will take it from there. I also said that I don't know what all other changes they will be doing (whether those be changes to layout, structure, texts etc) and that since they work with an external company it may take some time yet before we see the new version published.

On the topic of "back and forth and discussions", you're probably remembering what I mentioned in Discord when the work was still ongoing, but that was already a couple of weeks ago. So yeah, stuff has been approved, finalized and delivered since then.

• Like 12

I don't think Krister cares about the Wurm Online community since he hasn't been on the forums since July 28th.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, antonslavick said:

I don't think Krister cares about the Wurm Online community since he hasn't been on the forums since July 28th.

I wouldn't expect Krister on the forum.  That isn't part of what I would expect a CEO to do.  However, Krister did say that sorting out the website was a priority and the community would be afforded a preview, oh, at least a couple of weeks ago.  It matters not who announces it and directs us to the preview.   (Likewise Krister offered to share Wurm Online financials, but nothing on that front has eventuated).

11 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

I wouldn't expect Krister on the forum.  That isn't part of what I would expect a CEO to do.  However, Krister did say that sorting out the website was a priority and the community would be afforded a preview, oh, at least a couple of weeks ago.  It matters not who announces it and directs us to the preview.   (Likewise Krister offered to share Wurm Online financials, but nothing on that front has eventuated).

I'm wondering if things will start to pick back up when September comes around.  Maybe they are less active also cause of the summer season and holidays....etc but who knows.

It would be good to get some updates on progress, in some manner.  The longer no new information is around, the more things can seem like they are stagnating.  I think some clarification regarding what is going on, what things in the roadmaps are still going ahead from prev ones since certain devs and staff left...etc.  Basically a update on the state of the game, what users should expect going forward and what features are still being worked on.

End the secrets and hush, hush. Then again, I'm sure that things behind the scenes have to be worked out more still though like: training, communication, plans....etc first, after the big shake up that happened ~

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

I wouldn't expect Krister on the forum.  That isn't part of what I would expect a CEO to do.

As a CEO, sure. But he also took on the hat of product director back in june. By his own words:

As we actively pursue the perfect fit for the Product Director position, I will be stepping into this role, managing all facets of Human Resources planning and execution.

That makes him responsible for the fact we don't have a community relations manager yet, or really any community relations people at all. Which means things like making announcements are now on his plate (or at least his to delegate, which I'm not seeing either).

• Like 2

really wonder what the hell is goin on, yet again promises that arent kept and they keep goin with the "radio silence strategy" like that ever work.

so the start with the rebrand and bringing wurm forward is to just ignore everyone, thats a really good start

are they working on the 2023 roadmap? or maybe the one from 2021? what about the goblin camp that was suppose to release half year ago? is everything just put in the trash  and are they working on something new? are they working at all?

Maybe they release a new type of tea by the end of this year(fingers crossed)

Where is Krister? shouldnt the one responsible for community relation show their face?(assume its hes job since everyone els is gone)

tbh it seems like GCG gave up or something, you dont come in with a rebrand plans and promises you dont keep and just vanish, you just cant do that and expect your costumers to throw money after you. 

YOU FOLLOW UP things, maybe good to mention that this has been a problem long before Krister and over time it will build up more and more frustration.

If the last couple of months has showed anything its that this is a frustration shared by many players, its so many warning signals now that even new players may be scared away.

I will take my 5 toons that has been premmed nonstop the last 3.5 years and find some value for my money. and if it was just me i would destroy all the pmks collection and other stuff ive gather over the years and disbanded my deed, but i dont owe that stuff alone so i guess it will stay until we forget all about it. wont put another silver in it.

Hope getting rid of some paid staff was enough to breake even, becouse if not i cant see wurm rise their revenue by the end of this year, but who knows maybe they find some way to milk the existing playerbase(or whoever that will be left and still interested in poutting their money into wurm).

a kind advise, stopp all your work, find someone who can organize things, who also can oversee everything, get a plan down and stick to it, and atleast follow up, if you direct players to new server it shouldnt been there 3 years late, YOU REMOVE IT AFTER A MONTH MAX OR WHEN THE PLAYERBASE HAS SPREAD TO A GOOD LEVEL.

also dont think this has anything to do with current or previous staff, they are doin a good job, it just seems like the whole organizattion is a bloody mess

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

Hope getting rid of some paid staff was enough to breake even, becouse if not i cant see wurm rise their revenue by the end of this year, but who knows maybe they find some way to milk the existing playerbase(or whoever that will be left and still interested in poutting their money into wurm).

I suspect this is their plan, given the recent patch to add a new skin with no other non-silver shop fixes/changes. Guessing the hard deadline for the website rebrand has passed, so its low priority now until it becomes an urgent deadline again, then they will rush something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Akuzic said:

I suspect this is their plan, given the recent patch to add a new skin with no other non-silver shop fixes/changes. Guessing the hard deadline for the website rebrand has passed, so its low priority now until it becomes an urgent deadline again, then they will rush something.

Yeah, their statements to investors pretty much say the plan is sell more silver to existing players by getting the players to spend their silver faster.   Not that anyone has explained HOW Wurm is not profitable (it looks more like GCG is removing money from Wurm but can't be certain).

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 1

The silence is partly down to only a very few people actually know what's going on, and partly down to there still not being a CRM.  The website is a pretty simple affair, really, so you wouldn't think it would take that long to re-build, especially given there's a 'professional' external company doing the work and the new art has been basically done for some time.  The fact that the public website essentially hasn't changed, AI-generated 'placeholder' art and all, since it launched suggests that it's simply not a priority for the guy making the decisions.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Pandalet said:

The silence is partly down to only a very few people actually know what's going on, and partly down to there still not being a CRM.  The website is a pretty simple affair, really, so you wouldn't think it would take that long to re-build, especially given there's a 'professional' external company doing the work and the new art has been basically done for some time.  The fact that the public website essentially hasn't changed, AI-generated 'placeholder' art and all, since it launched suggests that it's simply not a priority for the guy making the decisions.

slaayyyy gurrrllllllll

speak yo peaacceeee

Well, today I as well as at least one other person have experienced that the website still isn't working properly. Or at least the payment methods at the shop don't. And that's almost 4 - yes FOUR!!! months after it was "launched".

To quote that one other person:

what an amazing site

Thorin

These things can be resolved overnight if they are being worked on... unless you get to some wild and "busy" personality or "company" unable to keep up with it's tasks.

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

These things can be resolved overnight if they are being worked on... unless you get to some wild and "busy" personality or "company" unable to keep up with it's tasks.

Right.

A faulty website and solving things "overnight".

It took Malena 3 weeks to get the screenshots for the website.

It took that company almost 2 months after that to place them at the website.

This mistake has been on the site for some time as there have more reports about the shop not working properly.

That site's been up since JULY! And nothing has been solved so far.

I'm usually not like this but right now the only thing I can think of when seeing your reply is: "Keep dreaming".

Edited by Thorinoakshield

I reported a pretty obvious typo over a month ago and as of today it's still there. They really don't seem to have a handle on this.

I have a feeling they don't care; as long as the money comes in.

Which - ironically - is a lot harder to achieve when players have to jump through numerous hoops to even get the payment done.

Even more ironically is that I had a 40% score at my Economic's Exam a long time ago. But even with that I do know that this is something not a single company wants; loosing customers because of faulty websites, bad management, bad communications and a lot more.

Thorin *sighs*