Sign in to follow this  
Annyil

Beware of Frox

Everything isn't always black and white as we like to so believe.  What if perhaps the cart in question had high damage and he was led to believe it be abandoned.  Doesn't this essentially make it fair game?  Wouldn't it be the right thing for the previous owner to let go of selfishness.  Then be happy someone found usage for a cart they neglected?

He could have just said he bought it, but he gave a short answer and we have no in depth explanation.  If he was truly, guilty he would have made up a lie and covered up the truth.  Instead it looks like he was going to explain himself but all we have is a couple sentences.  Though in the end you're entitled to your opinions, as well as what you want to do with/on your property.

Blah blah blah. What a bunch of rubbish. He took it off a deed. It wasn't his. End of story. All of this what if and maybe and could be is the same sad sorry smoke screen you always get when someone is trying to make a wrong into a couldbemaybepossiblyyoudontknowsmokescreenofpoppycock into, it was okay to do. 

(/me tries to make this thread longer)  :P

Edited by Clatius
  • Like 2

There is so much crying about theft in this game it's pathetic. Secure it or risk it, we all know the game mechanics and if you're too lazy to take care of your stuff someone else will take care of it for you. If it bothers you this much then online gaming really isn't for you.

• Like 2

There is so much crying about theft in this game it's pathetic. Secure it or risk it, we all know the game mechanics and if you're too lazy to take care of your stuff someone else will take care of it for you. If it bothers you this much then online gaming really isn't for you.

Are all the glasses in your irl house bulletproof?  Because if they're not, your house is not secure, if someone breaks your windows and robs you the police will be called faster than you can say "shallow grave", making you full of it.

• Like 1

Are all the glasses in your irl house bulletproof?  Because if they're not, your house is not secure, if someone breaks your windows and robs you the police will be called faster than you can say "shallow grave", making you full of it.

We aren't talking about real life, we are talking about a video game. What world do you live in? Besides if I'm home that burglar better have a good exit plan. I live in the land of Merica and I have numerous defensive options at the ready.

• Like 1

In real life you will still be charged with car theft even if you find a car running with the keys in it.  You knew the car was not yours and that you were stealing it.  

It is no different online when you take something that is not yours you know it is wrong. If you would not WANT someone to take it if it were yours then do not take it.

• Like 1

We aren't talking about real life, we are talking about a video game. What world do you live in? Besides if I'm home that burglar better have a good exit plan. I live in the land of Merica and I have numerous defensive options at the ready.

I pay with real life money, my ingame achievements thus have a monetary value that can be assigned.

Also, why the vested interest in making Wurm thief-friendly, do tell.

• Like 3

I pay with real life money, my ingame achievements thus have a monetary value that can be assigned.

Body lives longer when the blood circulates better.

No, we don't all do this. All of us are not dishonest. All of us do not steal rare carts. And who is this Every1 anyway? I hear a lot about what he/she does.

Many people in the game will pick up things that appear to be abandoned. The big difference is most of us, if someone sees it and says something will gladly apologize for the mistake and happily return it... not taunt the person it is being stolen from...

Maybe to some there is no difference, but to me the difference is huge!

• Like 2

Body lives longer when the blood circulates better.

There is a name for cells in the body that take away nutrients and give nothing in return = CANCER.

Those cells are best removed for the health of the body. 

• Like 1

There is a name for cells in the body that take away nutrients and give nothing in return = CANCER.

Those cells are best removed for the health of the body. 

Look. This is a role-playing game. RPG. How can you have it with no thieves? BTW, why can't we be bards in Wurm?

Look. This is a role-playing game. RPG. How can you have it with no thieves? BTW, why can't we be bards in Wurm?

Thieves in godmode where they can't get a virtual sword in the neck for their insolence?  That isn't RP, that's asshattery.

There's a place for thieves in Wurm, yes, the PvP servers.

• Like 4

Most poorly thought out. Rolf has given us, every one of us, the resources on the various servers to use as we see fit. if you mine a shard or cut down a tree the materials are yours to craft in to something usable. There is no theft.

• Like 1

We aren't talking about real life, we are talking about a video game.

Many people in the game will pick up things that appear to be abandoned. The big difference is most of us, if someone sees it and says something will gladly apologize for the mistake and happily return it... not taunt the person it is being stolen from...

Maybe to some there is no difference, but to me the difference is huge!

I btw don't get why people think " it's ok" to steal something, just because the owner has not taken ALL precautions possible...

good way to cause heavy anxiety in everyone and ruining even the game for those who will maybe never even experience thieves....but thats ok I guess? distressing people just because WHOEVER was not capable of controlling their own "hands" , even though they clearly KNOW that they ABUSE a situation presented to them.

I wonder how many of those people who say "its just a game/ get over it / you have to secure your stuff more properly" are the same who in real life would just keep a phone or wallet they find on the street.

and I also thought PVE means player vs enviroment! Enviroment is NOT other players...>.> 

Edited by Miretta

Indeed pvp servers are the best place for such even if its for rp'ing.

And yes we need musical instruments and bards... even if merely for their strategic possibilities:

• Like 1

Meet me on west coast Deli, I have walls for you to repair. What's a person's time, after all? Apparently you don't value it, so thanks, I'll use yours.

This is a pointless comment. You mine the shards for your wall. I mine the shards for my wall. How does one belong to the other? Senseless troll.

This is a pointless comment. You mine the shards for your wall. I mine the shards for my wall. How does one belong to the other? Senseless troll.

The point is, the person who made that cart cut the trees and built for THEIR CART. Just like you mine the shards for your wall, and I mine the shards for my wall. Are you getting it now?

The point is, the person who made that cart cut the trees and built for THEIR CART. Just like you mine the shards for your wall, and I mine the shards for my wall. Are you getting it now?

I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to. Have you read ANY of my replies to this thread? You are wasting my time. Go away. 

I LOL at this, and Gnome you're one to talk, leaving silvers around like that ^.^

I LOL at this, and Gnome you're one to talk, leaving silvers around like that ^.^

• Like 1

topic has had its run so CLICK

ps if you want to start a name and shame topic I suggest you keep it to the people in that topic and not others

• Like 1