Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Concrete "road"

Like in topic - how about adding "road" made out of concrete which have the same texture as rock, but behaves like road? It would be useful for example in mountainous areas and allow us to create mountain roads in areas with very irregular terrain shape, but keep the "natural" look at the same time.

• Like 1

+1, or +10 if it doesn't show any trace of looking like a road from distant rendering.

+1, or +10 if it doesn't show any trace of looking like a road from distant rendering.

As appearance is the same, on distant terrain rendering it should look like a rock as well.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

Create some concrete and then reconsider if you really want this an option for building roads. This is one of the most time consuming items to create within the game with the esoteric Natural Substances skill required for producing the end product as well. A very useful item discouraged from use by this creation process. Terrible!

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Create some concrete and then reconsider if you really want this an option for building roads. This is one of the most time consuming items to create within the game with the esoteric Natural Substances skill required for producing the end product as well. A very useful item discouraged from use by this creation process. Terrible!

=Ayes=

well that makes a nice challenge then wont it ;D

Ayes is more into the creative aspect than the challenge aspect i think.  I think this is a good idea, now that you can level in caves (from what i hear) some more functionality for concrete would be nice.

I suggested concrete instead of for example mortar for a reason - concrete roads should be used to cover dirt in unwanted areas and make small fragments of roads look mountainous, not to make the whole roads out of them.

In addition, this would make natural substances and concrete creation more useful.

Why not just buff walking speed on rock tiles to the same as paved road? No need for concrete then...

Why not just buff walking speed on rock tiles to the same as paved road? No need for concrete then...

It already have the same speed. This suggestion is about adding new type of road which looks exacly the same as rock tile, mostly to be able to make roads fit the rocky landscape better (currently we can use marble slabs, but this solution is far from perfection).

Bump. :)

Ok so 20kg of concrete = one tile.

Or do you want it mixed with rock shards 50/50?

For sure 3 kg of concrete isnt going to cut it.

Edited by Uberknot

Ok so 20kg of concrete = one tile.

Or do you want it mixed with rock shards 50/50?

For sure 3 kg of concrete isnt going to cut it.

What. 

Concrete= lye (ash[kindling]+water) + mortar (clay+sand)

Brick=shard

Why isn't one concrete enough to do the same thing as something that takes literally 10 seconds to both mine the shard and cut the brick combined??

+1 for the idea though, would make some really cool looking fake rock roads in places you can't really surface mine, would make nice natural roads blending in or just sneaky roads too

To pave one tile in concrete should take as much as paving one tile in brick. So a combination that would equal 15kg. Also, nothing is ever made of pure concrete. There will always be some form of aggregate. Perhaps in this case gravel would work. I'm just wondering what the unintended consequences will be.  +1

This would work nice for my recent project of surface mining a rock face into a 20 inclined slope road.

Also, I never understood why concrete couldn't be simpler to create. Why not just use the rock shards, maybe crush them, and then mixed with mortar. Definitely far more laborious then it needs to be.