Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Committee Appreciation Thread

At this point, I don't think that there is a committee at all, and it was just damage control over the reinforced tiles thingy.

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1

Dear diary.

Today I realize that the so called committee was a lie or is dead or both.

they all got trapped in a mine on someone's deed on pve, the reinforcements prevented escape.

Hi,

as long as the names of the so-called committee aren't public, I don't bet a copper for them. A clandestine group of proven Rofl brown-nosesrs - we have this already in IRC, don't need a 'committee' additionally.

Lemme guess - 60% will be of Rofls preferred Chaos/ Epic kingdom, 39.9 will be of the other Chaos/ Epic opponents, and the 0.01 remaining  will be for the ways overwhelming number of participants, playing on the PVE servers.

Since this 'committee' is made in an clandestine and shady way, we don't need to care about. It's to ignore. Any decisions based about it's judgment is moot, and in vain.

Have fun!

• Like 5

Hi,

as long as the names of the so-called committee aren't public, I don't bet a copper for them. A clandestine group of proven Rofl brown-nosesrs - we have this already in IRC, don't need a 'committee' additionally.

Lemme guess - 60% will be of Rofls preferred Chaos/ Epic kingdom, 39.9 will be of the other Chaos/ Epic opponents, and the 0.01 remaining  will be for the ways overwhelming number of participants, playing on the PVE servers.

Since this 'committee' is made in an clandestine and shady way, we don't need to care about. It's to ignore. Any decisions based about it's judgment is moot, and in vain.

Have fun!

I agree!  The foolish attempts at covering up the lack of customer care are so obvious that I have to force myself not to think about them.  If I were standing there when many of these decisions were made, All I would have to say to them is "What's wrong with you?".

Do I believe there is a committee?  don't know don't care.

Do I think they will help improve the game?  Absolutely not.

Can they give unbiased input to the devs?  I absolutely do not believe they would be unbiased, And would only be part of the pvp crowd, And this game would continue to cater to the minority.  When they should be separating the code between pve and pvp. But that won't happen any sooner then they ditch java and get a language that can handle the game.

Place the committee in the same category as the ingame polls.  The trash.

A committee should be formed to investigate that

• Like 6

Just like many other things in the wurm, this one has been swept under the rug for who knows how long, but probably permanently. Seems like it was just a bad excuse from rolf for what happened,

Makes me wonder, why do you keep bumping this thread when clearly there is no such thing as a committee and even if there is they are doing a very bad job and honestly we are better off without one. 

I remember when there was a vote whether or not share the names of this so called committe or not and i remember even Johan voting for no. So that just sounds like they dont want to share them on purpose because there isn't one. It's hilarious really 

Edited by atazs

Still with this crap?

Get on with your lives, folks.

Who cares if there is a committee or not?

• Like 1

Hi all,

I can assure you the Committee is alive and breathing, and currently working on getting as many of your suggestions brought up with the devs as possible.

I cannot say much as the committee is private, that is for their own good, they do not create ideas or do anything other than ensure that it benefits everyone within the game, this includes kingdoms and pvp/pve. To state their names would allow for accusations of bias, abuse, or simply different treatment to occur, when all they wish to do is improve the game we all play.

As time goes on, we will be able to inform you of implementations and new features that the committee have worked on, though at the moment none have been finalised and implemented.

Regards,

Retrograde

Edited by Retrograde

Dear diary.

Today after 2 months of bumping this thread, I got a more or less confirmation that the committee was indeed a thing, and no damage control from the reinforced tiles drama.

Perhaps the committee can look into the 100% support in removal of the Hunted feature from the Chaos Server.

meh, there is no proves of their works.... could easily share what have been gathered without giving names ya know if this committee do theirs job formally instead 'hey rolf players says this that'..

Sadly when I bring up suggestion to share these works, not many cares. Seems people rather like to know who to blame.

• Like 1

If I were a member of this committee, I certainly would not want my name public.  Just look at the threads so far about the committee, so much hate and anger in them.  If I were on the committee and my name public, I would have to put up with stuff directly from all of you every day, instead of getting to play the game.  Why would I want a big target painted on me, saying go ahead, harass me all day?

They are not a committee to come up with ideas, just a committee to look at ideas we give and forward those with merit to Rolf for consideration.  Don't expect any bigger ideas to come from it than the ideas you yourself come up with, that's the suggestions they are looking at.  Instead of complaining about them, come up with some good ideas for them to consider.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Hi all,

I can assure you the Committee is alive and breathing, and currently working on getting as many of your suggestions brought up with the devs as possible.

I cannot say much as the committee is private, that is for their own good, they do not create ideas or do anything other than ensure that it benefits everyone within the game, this includes kingdoms and pvp/pve. To state their names would allow for accusations of bias, abuse, or simply different treatment to occur, when all they wish to do is improve the game we all play.

As time goes on, we will be able to inform you of implementations and new features that the committee have worked on, though at the moment none have been finalised and implemented.

Regards,

Retrograde

If that's the case, disband it, now.

No one cares for a "council of shadow" anywhere. If they don't want to be accountable, then they shouldn't be part of anything.

This is nothing but a justification for doing the same thing as before, but under the cover of a sanctioned comitee.

As long as we don't even know which servers are represented within which ammount, its bogus and rethorical and no one should give a rats ass about it.

This news simply removes the little credit CC has towards being serious or professional.

If I were a member of this committee, I certainly would not want my name public.  Just look at the threads so far about the committee, so much hate and anger in them.  If I were on the committee and my name public, I would have to put up with stuff directly from all of you every day, instead of getting to play the game.  Why would I want a big target painted on me, saying go ahead, harass me all day?

They are not a committee to come up with ideas, just a committee to look at ideas we give and forward those with merit to Rolf for consideration.  Don't expect any bigger ideas to come from it than the ideas you yourself come up with, that's the suggestions they are looking at.  Instead of complaining about them, come up with some good ideas for them to consider.

There's no hate towards the comitee, the "hate" is towards CC as implementers of a anonymous "shadow council" that has no accountability, but yet apparent "power of decision", even forwarding ideas is a filter, and they have power to veto other people's suggestions and feedback, with a group of unknown people we have no guarantee it isn't working towards the old goal of furthering a close knit group of player's interests.

If i was a member of this comitee, i'd want my name known, my history known, and why i was chosen. Having brown stains on my nose from kissing dev asses shouldn't be a reason.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 4

Thing is, it shouldn't really be players but hired staff.

But if that can't work then just make them create new accounts on the forums, make harrasing these people a bannable offence, and it's done. No reason to keep their names a secret and this whole commitee thing behind the curtains. 

There's no hate towards the comitee, the "hate" is towards CC as implementers of a anonymous "shadow council" that has no accountability, but yet apparent "power of decision", even forwarding ideas is a filter, and they have power to veto other people's suggestions and feedback, with a group of unknown people we have no guarantee it isn't working towards the old goal of furthering a close knit group of player's interests.

If i was a member of this comitee, i'd want my name known, my history known, and why i was chosen. Having brown stains on my nose from kissing dev asses shouldn't be a reason.

This. I'd let everyone know that im on this commitee both here and ingame and report those who harass me or deal with them myself.  I am not scared of mean words and harassement on the internet. Even death threats doesnt concern me 

How does one apply to this commitee anyway? 

Edited by atazs

Hi all,

Regards,

Retrograde

I hope you are not really paying to this committee, because they are clearly not doing their work.

How does one apply to this commitee anyway? 

I certainly don't recall formal applications for it so I would imagine picked from IRC, the friend recommend a friend method, or just from the gm/cm team.

I certainly don't recall formal applications for it so I would imagine picked from IRC, the friend recommend a friend method, or just from the gm/cm team.

Ah i see. I wasnt expecting something that bad but not surprised 

Thing is, it shouldn't really be players but hired staff.

To fix issues with wurm, people need to play wurm.

Just look at what Rolf does, he doesn't play wurm and his changes show how out of touch he is with it.

I can't find any faults with the committee before i see what it has done, the need for anonymity is understandable,  no matter who is on the committee accusations of bias would occur.

I was just throwing some guesses out there so its not like i know how people are picked.  Myself I would rather have Rolf pulling ideas out his butt than rely on a few players to decide the outcome of game features.

• Like 2

To fix issues with wurm, people need to play wurm.

Just look at what Rolf does, he doesn't play wurm and his changes show how out of touch he is with it.

I can't find any faults with the committee before i see what it has done, the need for anonymity is understandable,  no matter who is on the committee accusations of bias would occur.

I remember when rolf played wurm and many good fixes and changes were made but then he stopped for some reason... 

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 15, 2014 - Removed - Unncessary
Hidden by Shrimpiie, June 15, 2014 - Removed - Unncessary

Just FYI us committee members can't post regarding committee topics.  

Hi,

I may he hallucinating, but I'm quite sure that at least one post has vanished here, into thin air...

Have fun

• Like 2

Real-life politics and "good ole boy club" mentality within Wurm. That would explain this secret group. The times of Wurm being an "escape" are slowly grinding to a halt. Love of money, secret groups, back curtain politics and other assorted filth will become more commonplace. The only viewpoints being examined by secret groups like mentioned are the ones offered by the secret "members" and their associated pools of cronies. Unbiased? Impartial? HOW can it be when it is so "private". The facts being concealed make one even more apprehensive and concerned about just WHO these people are. Surely the player base has enough sense to draw their own conclusions instead of being treated like a bunch of inmates in a prison, only given things to abide by after the "establishment makes its decisions".

Edited by LouisC

3/4 staff members are bias....i would prefer even matt than most staff members..