Sign in to follow this  
Alec

Committee Appreciation Thread

Hi,

I may he hallucinating, but I'm quite sure that at least one post has vanished here, into thin air...

Have fun

It was from Postes saying "us on the council are not allowed to post in threads like this" or something. I should have taken a picture... Sounds like postes is a council member... Not surpising that they chose PvPers and people who talk with rolf in the irc the most though. 

So it looks like they are actually not allowed by staff members to reveal who they are? Or postes was just trolling? Wouldnt surprise me 

Edited by atazs

I think Rolf is part of the illuminati, and the committee members are probably from that group as well.

Seriously, get rid of the tinfoil hats people. I don't see any worse decisions being made for everyone than is already par for the course here.

Seems to me everyone flipping their lid about this feels a little too self-important and would rather wish they had been invited to the comittee.

All I see is bias this, bias that, recognize your own failings and correct them, do not blame mysterious forces and staff because things don't go your way.

From what I see it basically all adds up to everybody is biased against everyone else and paranoia runs rampant. Get off the forums and go build some houses or some crap, get back into the spirit of Wurm instead of sitting here dribbling bile onto the forums because you think the world is out to get you.

Seriously, get rid of the tinfoil hats people. I don't see any worse decisions being made for everyone than is already par for the course here.

Seems to me everyone flipping their lid about this feels a little too self-important and would rather wish they had been invited to the comittee.

From what I see it basically all adds up to everybody is biased against everyone else and paranoia runs rampant. Get off the forums and go build some houses or some crap, get back into the spirit of Wurm instead of sitting here dribbling bile onto the forums because you think the world is out to get you.

This sounds a lot like something a Committee member would say to throw people of track.  :ph34r:

J'accuse, mon ami !!    He's one of them !!  Let's get him !!

Without knowing precisely what the danger is, I'd say it's time for players to crack each others heads open and feast on the goo inside!

j/k Rev.  lols

I don't think anyone here could even begin to imagine what Wurm would be like if I had any power over what goes on.

Hi all,

The post removed was NOT from a council member, just someone trying to troll.

Formal applications were taken via the team and there are people representing both pve and pvp.

When the committee has formalised the suggestion and put it to the devs the status of its approval and the details of the suggestion will be announced to you all. The reason no results have been put forward is due to the fact no suggestions have been finalised and implemented as of yet.

This is still in early stages of development, and will take time to filter through results into the game so please don't jump on every change and accuse it of being committee bias, the group is geared towards countering any individual bias.

Regards,

Retrograde

Hi all,

Formal applications were taken via the team and there are people representing both pve and pvp.

When the committee has formalised the suggestion and put it to the devs the status of its approval and the details of the suggestion will be announced to you all. The reason no results have been put forward is due to the fact no suggestions have been finalised and implemented as of yet.

This is still in early stages of development, and will take time to filter through results into the game so please don't jump on every change and accuse it of being committee bias, the group is geared towards countering any individual bias.

Regards,

Retrograde

How this was managed?

Sorry but I don´t understand.

There was a way to fill an application being a normal Wurm player?

Applicants candidates where hand picked by someone?

The applicants where required to be be part of the team/staff?

How many representatives per server or play style?

How many people currently form this council?

How can we small peasants really be sure there is no bias wen we don´t even know how the council was elected or how many people integrate it?

While I understand your position, and really want to believe and trust, we are required to follow a path while blindfolded in the dark with your sole promise you are watching over us.

• Like 1

how do we know which items from suggestion already summarized and put into the list? or which ones was picked, which one neglected? How would it be communication if we dont know if a suggestion is accepted or if a suggestion have difficulty to implement etc?

• Like 1

all we can do is ride out the Storm , or have me placed on the secret council and i will try to communicate with the players by way of forum on what is happening behind the curtain.... i pve , never pvp'd but i like the thought of it , so there my bias is out of the way :D ... VOTE tikki for secret council..

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been locked tbh.  if people can't tell from this thread alone, why there names aren't public, you have tunnel vision.

Overall, it's impossible to get everyone to agree with 1 thing, so 1 person complains, then the people that did agree, will feel it's the right thing to do, and start complaining with them... imagine all this being focused on one person, and it just happens it was all over the main complainer having a feud with the one member.

I don't think anyone here could even begin to imagine what Wurm would be like if I had any power over what goes on.

After reading your posts, probably like eating dry dog food with milk instead of Cheerios. XD

Retrograde,

When you said "formal applications were taken via the team" (quote behind the spoiler tag)

Hi all,

Regards,

Retrograde

How did that work when there was no announcement for the staff/position recruiting?  Asking specific players which the team pre-selected, but not informing the rest of the player base that there was a "position" available is not an application process.  It's simply a direct recruitment process.  If those players agreed to take on the offered role, there might have been an application process, but with the way it was announced to us in the Week 13 Update, it was heavily implied that these people were directly recruited and placed into those roles in secrecy.  This is in the same post saying the Team would stop taking feedback via IRC.

(For those who didn't see it before, look at the Player Interactions section)

LSSNW13L.jpg

Hello fellow Wurmians!

Welcome to that part of the week when we do indeed try our darndest to become a more transparent company.

This week we have a mix where I would like to first talk a bit about what we are doing about player interactions.

Later I will also have the pleasure of announcing some new things which I think many of you will enjoy.

But first, let me just follow up on something from last week!

The Crafting Interface

Last week I asked for your feedback concerning further changes to the interface. I brought this to my fellow devs and to begin with, they are going to work one of these suggestions into the interface.

Kegan

photo-thumb-2271.jpg?_r=1358318200

"If we could drag tools from our toolbelt onto the crafting window that would be helpful too."

Thank you Kegan for this suggestion. It is being worked on right now and will be in one of our updates soon.

And thanks to all other Wurmians who left their feedback.

There where many great ideas which we will keep in mind though some of them would have been a bit to time consuming for the dev team right now.

Player interactions

This is an area we have been falling a bit short on and I know that many of you have opinions on how this should be done.

But let me just start of by saying that processing the amount of information that thousands of voices create is no easy task, especially when it comes to long debates around topics.

For that matter, grading the sense of urgency different topics have from your perspective.

And we want to be has fair as possible and give everyone equal attention and chance of being heard.

So in the interest of this, we are enlisting help to process the suggestions thread. And yes, a group has already gathered for this though it is still in the process of formally starting.

This will help us to get more summarized suggestions with pros and cons from a player perspective, cross kingdoms and pvp, pve standpoint.

Those enlisted will only help propagate suggestions from the forum and will not make new suggestions themselves in the group.

As suggestions will be summarized with points from everyones perspective any bias will find its balance from other parties.

The next step in this is also that we are now working on the ingame voting system, which will help us quickly get your feedback on straightforward questions and changes.

We do not have and estimated time of arrival right now.

The goal is combining these two initiatives.

We will get presented with your suggestions and can make a fair and quick judgment from the extra information on the complexity, benefit and time the suggestion would take to implement.

After reviewing a few we will know which are doable within our current time frame and we then use the ingame voting system to let you decide which among them you deem most important.

We will then keep this going and as soon as we have time to do another one we will poll you again for your next priority.

This process will of course be refined as we get into it and it will all be adapted in the interest of  making your involvement as big as possible.

We will not force it on anyone though.

We will no longer be taking any suggestions through IRC. Everything will need to go through the proper channels.

Together we can do what we all have as a common wish, and that is to make Wurm better!

Tutorial zone and new assets

As you all probably know by now, we are working on a new tutorial area.

This is not something that will only benefit the new players.

I have been hinting and showing some new assets already which has been created during the process.

These will all be available for you to create in the game with the launch of the new zone.

So let us look into what Wox and Saroman has been up to!

Wurmtutorial1S.jpg

Click the image for a larger version.

So in this image alone there are several new assets.

You will of course first notice the new wall type which goes under the name Timber Frame.

To the left you will also see the new mixed grass pile, which I think explains itself.

Lastly, in the middle, there is the vine growing on a stand against the wall which some of you might remember.

Yes, it will also be craftable and most likely implemented as a movable item you can place as you wish.

wurmchainfence.jpg

The new chain link fence, when you want the view but feel the need for that robust secure separator from a drop off only iron can provide.

cobble.jpgcobble2.jpg

cobble33.jpg

Two new types of cobble stone for more variation in the palette of road, deed and village architects alike!

So with that I would like to thank you for your time and let you

Keep on Wurming!

Players did not apply for those roles, or if they did, they did so without a formal announcement of those positions being available (which some posters have said is reinforcing the appearance of "favoritism") .

Can the team really not see how this simply looks like the same people who were the "IRC suggestions group" were simply codified into an official team, and now everyone else is blocked from offering suggestions in the same way this formal group used to?

Why not post the top 5 or 10 items this committee is working on?  You might get a bit of early feedback out of the way on them showing if there is likely to be a lot of argument from the player base at large.

Why not post the stats on how many people are on the committee, and what the break down is of dedicated/primary PVP vs. PVE players?  The rest of the playerbase can do all squat about the breakdown, but at least people would know how much balance there should likely be in items going to the implementation vote RedBaron mentioned. (which ties back to the previous point).

No where in this am I asking for names, just less generalized stats.  How can that be so threatening?

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 1

Hi Hussars,

The committee is comprised of team members which as been stated many times previously. Within the team there was an application process, this was not, nor was it intended to be visible to the outer community.

As of the makeup of the team, it is approximately 50/50 both pve and pvp varying both in chaos and epic across all kingdoms while focusing on keeping it small enough to actually get results rather than become bogged down in bureaucracy.

I cannot provide information as to what the committee is working on as it may change according to game needs and development time allowances, providing information that may change at any time will simply lead to further issues.

As the committee moves forward and begins work on compiling suggestions and organising which ones are feasible, we will look at establishing someone to speak for the committee and to provide information about current projects and request further input in some situations.

I'm aware of previous accusations of IRC suggestions and "secret buddies" hand picked, this is not the case here. This committee is comprised of team members who want to see your suggestions get the attention they require. No suggestion is approached without considerable public feedback within the thread and a fair idea of where the player base lies on it, bear in mind that it is ultimately up to the developers as they shape the game. Some suggestions, while popular may not meet their view.

If you wish to have your say in all this the suggestions forum is your chance to provide input, nothing is taken that does not exist in there and all opinions on it are read and taken into consideration.

There is little else that can be said here, if anyone has any further issues feel free to PM me, as I will be locking this thread.

It appears that there remains some confusion as to the status of the committee members. All members are staff in the game and the selection process was handled in team channels.

Regards,

Retrograde

Edited by Retrograde
  • Like 1