Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Epic Spawn Pve Server On Freedom Cluster

Ezalor - A lot of Wilders came to Epic (not sure how many remain.) The issue here is PVP mentality. I've played nearly countless PVP/PVE games (i guess if i tried, i could count them, but it's late and i care not.)

I've been heavily involved in multiplayer gaming for nearly 16 years. I've watched a specific mindset emerge among PVP encounters/players, and while i personally hold no ill will towards them, it's not just Wild/Epic that holds these personalities.

That said, All features of Epic, aside from faction specific home servers (we have freedom home servers, similar but not.) and the valrei map, 2x skill gain... it all exists on freedom. We HAD the creatures, they were taken from those of us who enjoyed them.

I will never play on Epic again, I've tried Affliction, and Serenity. (I was JKH back in 06.) I know what to expect on Elevation, as I've resided on Wild in one form or another more than once in my Wurm history.

Why are you players of Epic reacting so rabidly to the suggestion that we add content to the Freedom cluster? Why is it that if we wish to enjoy a varied style of gameplay, we must subject ourselves to harassment and the general negative attitude of a PvP server? Reside on a home server - fast skill gain freedomers. Reside on Elevation, smashed to rubble. Been there, done that, it's not fun losing everything while offline. Where's the motivation?

But enough with you, I've given you enough attention for now.

Hoof, I'm down. Some sort of HOTS afterlife/isolated land... totally. I'd love to shed this WL gods for good. Let's colonize Jackal.

• Like 1

You can do missions and have creatures on Chaos, but they don't do anything but provide a free twig/summon corpse, which is stupid and should be removed to be honest.  HoTA should be on any PvP server, but truthfully Chaos isn't even a true PvP server anymore, its the same it was back when the kingdoms were on it but thats a whole different topic.

They aren't fighting creatures, they're Valrei creatures, that are spawned from missions from the Gods, that the Epic players complete. It isn't like they just magically spawn with the animal count.

Err.. they dont provide a free twig or summon corpse, I dont know on what server they do but its certainly not on chaos. They do provide a challenging creature to fight/hunt for, a valrei item upon butcher (which actually does something nice on chaos, too) and general, fun for the players.

Like you said, they're valrei creatures, spawned from mission from the gods, that not just epic but also freedom players complete. Valrei creatures indeed, not Epic creatures.

Err.. they dont provide a free twig or summon corpse, I dont know on what server they do but its certainly not on chaos. They do provide a challenging creature to fight/hunt for, a valrei item upon butcher (which actually does something nice on chaos, too) and general, fun for the players.

Like you said, they're valrei creatures, spawned from mission from the gods, that not just epic but also freedom players complete. Valrei creatures indeed, not Epic creatures.

1k karma, karma to the token of your deed.

3k karma, summon corpse.

He was talking about missions.

Valrei creatures arn't spawned from missions anymore anyway, they are spawned due to the god having control over the creatures.

Missions on freedom pretty much do nothing, which is what they should do.

Not sure why people want valrei creatures anyway, they are either incredibly weak and boring or just have a couple overpowered gimmick moves they do and are otherwise easy.

I wouldn't call being bashed for 10+ seconds fun, or chucked off your horse and be unable to move due to getting stuck teleporting, but I guess some people could.

There's no benefit to having nogumps spawn on top of you.

I was standing on some raised up clay on the tip of a land bridge yesterday on a non epic server when I saw a bright flash of light, the event tab said the wurm did something and I swiveled around to see a nogump had spawned and was blocking my path of escape, I tried to mount my horse to try to make a run for it but was immediately stunned and took about 30 damage and then was thrown. I landed over on the main land and thought I may have had a chance but the stun lasted long enough for the nogump to run over to me and kill me in 2 more hits.

This will be a common story if valrei creatures were to start spawning on freedom.

My point is, no amount of features will make people want to play on Epic until you fix the people who are currently on Epic.

Why not just give them the spawns, let them spawn as much as on epic and then just wait for the threads of removing them to roll in

Why not just give them the spawns, let them spawn as much as on epic and then just wait for the threads of removing them to roll in

probably this.....

Every day when I'm out clear-cutting on Chaos I have to deal with Valrei mobs, usually in groups.

Gotten to the point where I try to make sure that trees are chopped up as I go along to try and preserve some line of sight.

The attitude is on every server, back in the day on Wild it was the same, if not worse...

Roll around in crap and you smell like crap...

Find the people who you respect and play with them

Thats why i´m playing on freedom.

That's why the suggestion is a new server where people can choose to go if they want to fight such creatures, rather than having them dumped ontop of their existing places.

• Like 2

My point is, no amount of features will make people want to play on Epic until you fix the people who are currently on Epic.

I can say the same for any server, including Chaos, that's why I left there...

But that's not the point of the thread

I agree about merging all servers in to 1 big one it will make trading a lot better and you could have competing traders  but no epic mobs are important to the epic cluster.

Epic features should be kept to epic.

Really, missions should have never been put in the freedom cluster.

Same goes for the sorcerer abilities, no clue why freedom needs the ability to shoot a fireball at a troll.

Because it makes the game, dare I say it, fun and interesting?

It's not like adding these spawns to a new freedom server will steal players away from Epic or entice new players to choose freedom over epic. People choose epic for either the faster skill gain or the PvP.

The only harm in adding the new server would be to spread out the already segmented freedom playerbase, but hey, epic players need not worry about that at all.

The idea that "It's ours, you can't have it, it's what makes us special" is wrong in so many ways. Freedomers are asking for it because it would be a quick and simple way for Rolf to add more variety to their hunting, rather than spending a long time creating a whole new set of monsters to fight.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 4

Either ALL of freedom gets Valrei mobs, or none of freedom does. Deal with it.

If u freedommers want missions and valrei mobs and such, join epic, Jkh is even an extension of freedom so u can all go there.

Lorena, not everyone has the time or money to play both freedom and epic at the same time. If you hop to epic just to kill a few nogumps, you're not getting any skill or items plus you have to train your character from scratch and don't have any of your items.

Freedom players having access to these extra mobs in no way negatively affects epic players, so I don't see why anyone is oppossed to it. (It's not like adding extra dragons to freedom where that hurts/benefits certain players. This only has positives.)

Infact it might get some freedom players more interested in epic. They might want to go and see what's causing all these spawns and find out more about it.

Players who don't play freedom at all should not even be posting on here as it doesn't change the way they play their game at all. If you've got no intention of playing freedom in the future, it won't affect you either, so why say something shouldn't be added when it makes absolutely zero difference to how you enjoy the game? (Unless of course you enjoy bashing on "freedumbers" and "carebears", then by all means, go ahead and keep being a bigot)

Freedom players having access to these extra mobs in no way negatively affects epic players, so I don't see why anyone is oppossed to it.

It's all about numbers, and Epic doesn't have any... and that's why there's opposition. They are afraid that if you give us the "incentives to play" that they have, they will never get new blood on the server.

The thing is, whether we (Freedomers, sans Chaos players) get them or not, Epic's population levels are not going to change because of it. They would have already seen fluctuation if these unique spawns were such "table turners" or "hot commodities".

My 2 pennies on the topic: I don't care if these things get spawned on all Freedom servers, specific future servers, or if it remains the way it is and only found on Chaos. If I fancy killing them, I can pop on a boat and be on Chaos in 5 minutes. If they were to start spawning on Indy, I will definitely go out and hunt for them.

Either way, I am not wasting my time by jumping through a portal and starting from scratch, just so I can kill a unique.  ;) 

• Like 1

Exactly my point As_I_Decay, people don't go to Epic to fight these. If you don't like PvP, you're not going to play on epic, simple as that.

There are only 3 reasons people play epic:

Faster Skill

PvP

Friends play there

It would just be a nice, extra thing to add to freedom for something extra to do.

Exactly my point As_I_Decay, people don't go to Epic to fight these. If you don't like PvP, you're not going to play on epic, simple as that.

There are only 3 reasons people play epic:

Faster Skill

PvP

Friends play there

It would just be a nice, extra thing to add to freedom for something extra to do.

Don't talk about something you have no idea about.

Why the hostility shankiest? I don't even know who you are.

What exactly don't I know? Reasons why people choose 1 server over another? I might not have played Wurm without a break since GV, but I know how online games operate and it doesn't take a genius to see why people choose which server they do.

YOU clearly have no idea about how a Suggestions thread works. If you're going to post in what is essentially a "debate and poll" section, at least add something of value to the discussion.

I might not play epic any longer but that doesn't make my points any less valid.

This will be a common story if valrei creatures were to start spawning on freedom.

The suggestion is an addition to the commonly suggested hunting server many Freedomites want, not drop pod shock troopers on Pristine :)

If u freedommers want missions and valrei mobs and such, join epic, Jkh is even an extension of freedom so u can all go there.

I think I addressed this. It's all part of the negative connotations given to the Serenity server (Sorry, it'll never be JKH.) "Freedumb lite" "fast skill whoring freedomers" etc.

Have you ever considered it's the attitude of "i am entitled to destroy everything you work so hard to accomplish because i feel so." that keeps many people off Chaos/Epic? I was very happy to develop an area (quite expensive, mind you) on Chaos before it reverted to the foolhardy full-bash-destroy-all-while-resident-sleeps nonsense that is the essense of these servers.

Before you reply with the tired statement of "it's pvp expect pvp lulz", think. It's good to think before opening your mouth(or typing, in this case.)

"Full" PvP is exciting, being able to die, steal, kill, loot, and even bashing under circumstances is FUN... but destroying someones stuff just because they desire to exist in an area nearby isn't for the vast majority of people. Not all pvpers like to see everything destroyed... sometimes in a tragic manner because of some perceived grievance. Maybe I'm a carebear, but I am one by choice, through experience.

If Chaos reverted to a partial system (albiet improved from the chaotic chaos we had previously...) I'd move back, and be content with my drakespirits there. But since it isn't likely, I won't, and myself and many others would like a chance to hunt Valrei spawn in another setting. That is the discussion. The rest of all of this is unnessesary.

• Like 3

The suggestion is an addition to the commonly suggested hunting server many Freedomites want, not drop pod shock troopers on Pristine :)

I think I addressed this. It's all part of the negative connotations given to the Serenity server (Sorry, it'll never be JKH.) "Freedumb lite" "fast skill whoring freedomers" etc.

Have you ever considered it's the attitude of "i am entitled to destroy everything you work so hard to accomplish because i feel so." that keeps many people off Chaos/Epic? I was very happy to develop an area (quite expensive, mind you) on Chaos before it reverted to the foolhardy full-bash-destroy-all-while-resident-sleeps nonsense that is the essense of these servers.

Before you reply with the tired statement of "it's pvp expect pvp lulz", think. It's good to think before opening your mouth(or typing, in this case.)

"Full" PvP is exciting, being able to die, steal, kill, loot, and even bashing under circumstances is FUN... but destroying someones stuff just because they desire to exist in an area nearby isn't for the vast majority of people. Not all pvpers like to see everything destroyed... sometimes in a tragic manner because of some perceived grievance. Maybe I'm a carebear, but I am one by choice, through experience.

If Chaos reverted to a partial system (albiet improved from the chaotic chaos we had previously...) I'd move back, and be content with my drakespirits there. But since it isn't likely, I won't, and myself and many others would like a chance to hunt Valrei spawn in another setting. That is the discussion. The rest of all of this is unnessesary.

They will never learn Makarus, they keep coming to freedom post and insult people, and then got surprised wen people read the insulting post and think epic is full of intoleran idiots and not worth going...

• Like 1

Why the hostility shankiest? I don't even know who you are.

What exactly don't I know? Reasons why people choose 1 server over another? I might not have played Wurm without a break since GV, but I know how online games operate and it doesn't take a genius to see why people choose which server they do.

YOU clearly have no idea about how a Suggestions thread works. If you're going to post in what is essentially a "debate and poll" section, at least add something of value to the discussion.

I might not play epic any longer but that doesn't make my points any less valid.

ur points are not less valid m8, they make no sense at all. come epic and stop wasting Ur time

Lorena, explain to me how they make no sense then. Either I'm missing something huge and obvious, or you just really enjoy thinking you're better than someone who plays on "freedum".

I've been to epic, tried many times from day 1 it was released. Had potential, but isn't for me. I really love PvP...Wurm just isn't made for it though. (At least not in a balanced way)

Edited by Outlaw

Lorena, explain to me how they make no sense then. Either I'm missing something huge and obvious, or you just really enjoy thinking you're better than someone who plays on "freedum".

I've been to epic, tried many times from day 1 it was released. Had potential, but isn't for me. I really love PvP...Wurm just isn't made for it though. (At least not in a balanced way)

Im sure once the new "action" combat comes into play most of the players on epic now will leave anyways once those that enjoy real combat move over. Let the simple minded children be, As everyone knows Freedom is what keeping wurm a float, not epic.

• Like 1