Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

Tower Guards Bury Other Dead Tower Guards

Seems silly that they would just die of old age and just be left there to rot.

-1, they are a good source of free alignment when needed, and sometimes people gear their tower guards. A corpse with a weapon is a lot easier to find, than a weapon stuck in the ground.

• Like 3

Anything that reduces the disturbing amount of human corpses littered around the landscape is a good thing.

Anything that reduces the disturbing amount of human corpses littered around the landscape is a good thing.

Walk up, select shovel, click bury. Total quantity of corpses reduced by one, random angst reduced by 5.

Every single thing a person can do does not need to be hard coded into the game for the game to do for you.

• Like 1

-1, they are a good source of free alignment when needed

I was just thinking this when I read the title of this thread, I had had a new toon that I was going to turn into a follower, turned out I had needed alignment, grabbed my shovel, buried a guard and that was that lol. Does help in a pinch. And as Belthize already said, there is this thing called a shovel, and it can be used to bury the corpses if you don't like the looks. I see no reason for the dev team to spend time working up the code to make it so guards bury each other when you can just bury them yourself and you get alignment from it.

I think this is a neat feature if anything, fellow guards giving there respects to a fallen comrade.

no, getting alignment is more useful imho, there are v limited ways to do so already

>Priests say no, everyone else says yes.

Because there aren't already enough corpses out there for you to bury.

>Priests say no, everyone else says yes.

Because there aren't already enough corpses out there for you to bury.

Indeed, there is not enough, you can not bury others people corpses if certainn conditions are not reached (the owner used the released body option), mob corpses give no alignment, so the only source of alignment gaining by shovel are guard towers bodys.

Given that we can equip guards, my inclination is to say no. I'd rather have guard corpses to strip than random piles of armor and weapons. Besides, alignment.

I know our deed is littered with corpses because my dad had a run in with a troll D: I'll fix it (or Eudoxia can for alignment -- once every 30min remember!) when I get home.

Do not want guards stealing my alignment possibilities. You have a shovel and you get a benefit for it. Use it.

How about instead we get the guards to stop watching their friend get killed by mobs while they stuff their face with foraged lunch?

• Like 1

-1 to autoburying because of the reasons already mentioned. Mind you, I don't see why they need to get old and die of age at all...

Maybe have Froob corpses decay faster?

Maybe have Froob corpses decay faster?

Cannibalism

Removes the corpse and fills the hunger bar.. win-win resolution!