Sign in to follow this  
Tenderfoot

Nerf the Orb of Doom

You just don't get that it's a thing highly relying on tactical use and that great effort has been put into getting it and maintaining it.

It has nothing to do with NPC's.

If the situation is perfect it should be god damned usefull.

Why not just post under your real name Tenderfoot? And stop all the BS. Threads like this, and the usual suspects who have no clue what the hell is even being discussed, is why no one takes the suggestions forum seriously.

And like normal you are here to tell us all how we don't know how to play the game thanks for your vision.  Anyhow you know the thing is to powerful for a 10 min cooldown why not just add to the discussion rather than beating up on the players with posts again?

I don't care if you make it a 3 day cooldown.

And yes, I do believe people ought to inform themselves a bit before plowing into this forum and trying to contribute to a thread they are clueless about.

What you call trolling is not that at all.  I have played war games combat games etc etc for gees 30+ years Wurm is not rocket science ok??  To say no one can understand anything at all on the basics of a games system is false.  Power items or Pills like pacman are just that power items.

Uberknot you have to really experience things first hand before talking, sorry.  I'm not trying to say your opinion doesn't matter, but I am wondering if anyone else is catching the irony that three people who are against the Orb on this server were not even in attendance of the Mongol raid, nor ever had any direct experience with the Orb.  They're merely basing the foundations of their opinions against it based upon other's stories.  I don't know what you've heard, but any story has two sides, and I am sure what you've heard is a stretching of the truth. 

I guess then my question is.... why did no one who was at the raid make this thread?  It's been two weeks, I never saw any thread from one JK, one BL, or one MR.  Then suddenly someone who wasn't there, and Uberknot a guy on MRH who's never swung a sword at an enemy in his life, suddenly out of the blue want it changed.  I don't think anyone would be too keen on me making a bunch of Freedom suggestions, or changed for MRH, when I don't play or interact there.  Uberknot has always just been more of a Protuna-esque troll, and rule of thumb is it's better to skip his posts because he barely ever even reads the original post.

Again I'm not saying their opinions are invalid, but I just think it's awkward to ask for a nerf on something on an item where you've have no direct interaction with it, or fallen victim to it.  The 46 who did fall victim to it didn't make this thread, and most didn't even post here.  If you were here, on Elevation, and actually fell victim to it I could understand.... but I guess I just don't really think your opinions matter that much as you've no direct contact with it.  So, Tenderfoot, when you keep saying "We" the only we I'm seeing is yourself, MrGary, and Uberknot - oddly all MR, and MRHers.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying I think a lot of people realized that raid failed not just because of the Orb, I think they realized it was a perfect storm of bad leadership, overcrowding, and friendlies attacking other friendlies.  I would say that is why I never saw a post from them, because they understood the situation they put themselves in was their own fault, and it was the perfect situation for the Orb. 

I don't mind if it's nerfed, because in truth I don't think it's that needed.  A day ago we bumped into Black Summit on the Steppe, and we could of easily used the Orb.  They were all grouped up, and it would of been very easy to do so, but that 5% risk is really a burden sometimes.  I know 5% sounds low, but it's not worth it to carry the Orb around with you 24/7.  It probably needs an extended cooldown of thirty minutes to an hour, I wouldn't mind that even, but I think people have a habit of overnerfing mechanics.

I'll say Uberknot's opinions are totally baseless and mean absolutely nothing. He's been called out a few times now and the consensus is that it's nothing but a troll behind the name. What's worst is the fact that he's several times now admitted to having no idea what is going on with several topics on which he's commented. I'd pull up examples, but he used to delete his posts, for some strange reason, until I called him out on that one too.

Uberknot you have to really experience things first hand before talking, sorry.

I am not looking at it from a Wurm perspective, but more from a gaming view.  and you're right I have alittle experience at all raiding and fighting on Wurm.  But just from the sound of what has been said by others here I can tell there is a problem with the power of the item.  It's like the cooldown wanted on AOE's people keep asking for in a way.  Overall I would not nerf anything until its tested on the test server and the players have beta'd the changes.  But we are in constant beta here in Wurm every week.  So tell you what I will stay out of your change discussions of things in game if you can get this stuff on the test server first.  Otherwise I am going to say something based on what other people say and what I know about gaming.

Okay, then answer me the basic question of why didn't someone at the raid make this thread?  Why is someone who claims he wasn't there and never interacted with it having a problem with it? 

Question about this Orb of Doom does it have friendly fire??  like anyone in the way of this DOOM is hit or is it selective in those it damages?  I mean DOOM does sound like it would kill anything in its path including those on the same side. It sounds like a last resort type of weapon and nothing like say an Ice Bolt or something.

This and the fact that it does not insta kill people have both been mentioned many times

Okay, then answer me the basic question of why didn't someone at the raid make this thread?  Why is someone who claims he wasn't there and never interacted with it having a problem with it?

LOL!! :D  I have no Idea really.  If the item is not being abused and killing hundreds of players constantly it is probably best left alone.  Until such a time happens.  It's like the guy that wanted to nerf the Fo spell oakshell because it may someday be used and abused.  Some things in game probably are not that bad, but because we end up here talking about it. It tends to get blown out of proportion and you get 'others'  who have a point of view about gaming into these discussions.  I really wish we did test things a bit more though and perhaps it would cut down on the rant threads regarding this or that in PvP or changes that have major impacts like guards killing the horses all the time.  In the end its all just opinion and yes in some cases guessing because the person or persons have yet to experience the situation.  If this Orb of DOOM is really as bad as suggested it would probably be used endlessly.  Why is it not being used on a more wide scale if its so good?

It would be nice for the message when you're using it to be displayed in orange and in combat tab.

It would be nice for the message when you're using it to be displayed in orange and in combat tab.

Id say the cooldown is fine, considering the nature of it, however i always thought that 50damage always is a tad OP. 

Instead it should be 50% remaining HP, so it will do 50 damage to a player at 100% but it cannot kill anyone (except the user if it back fires). The orb should be a weapon which wounds players, not kills.

Just my two cents.

Something like this should not even be in the game. It should be players determining who wins not some dumb item you dug up and now you think you deserve to be god of wurm.

Posteh you say in one breath yeah it needs the cooldown to be longer then you say its fine in another. If it was used on you every ten minutes youd be crying like a little girl. #facts

You really need to stop complaining, eventually it's going to backfire midbattle giving yo s chance to take it, or when it needs to be recharged, be there to prevent that, and have it reset underground again.

And honestly you haven't even seen it n battles dint know why you're complaining.

Using it isn't instant and if you notice it you can get out and live, and if not have everyone focus whoevers using it as they can't move.

tender for someone who doesnt pvp, and has never even been on the recieving end of the orb you seem to have alot of views, most people agree it needs a larger cooldown but how are people meant to agree with you and take your point seriously when you you have no experience with it?

thats like saying "just because you have not been bombed with nuclear bombs u cant disagree and protest against it"

There is nothing wrong with the orb of doom and its current system. All artifacts were changed to be more useful and it is finally useful!

thats like saying "just because you have not been bombed with nuclear bombs u cant disagree and protest against it"

I bet you thought you were being really witty and had a real zinger of a reply. In reality this made no sense at all and we are all dumber for having read it.

Try reading the entire thread before replying with an apples and oranges comparison.

Funny story, but so far just about every person that's posted here hasn't even seen it or been affected by it  :o

So let's keep it to the people who know what it actually is/does.

My input on this is, yes it's an artifact and should have a special zing to it that no other item in the game has. Even though this zing can be powerful, Powerful =/= Over Powered.  Honestly I don't think it should be tampered with; because like a few others have said it seldom finds its way into a viable situation that it can be used. But if we do need a change to it i'd say a bigger cooldown timer, maybe 2-3 hours.

Because on Wild it was only used twice in the 3-5 year history, Rolf asked what would make artifacts more used, and people said their opinions.  Now that he changed them, and they are being used, now suddenly people backtrack and no longer want them buffed.

Well of course, this was back when it actually hurt your allies, thus making it the closest thing to useless.

My input on this is, yes it's an artifact and should have a special zing to it that no other item in the game has. Even though this zing can be powerful, Powerful =/= Over Powered.  Honestly I don't think it should be tampered with; because like a few others have said it seldom finds its way into a viable situation that it can be used. But if we do need a change to it i'd say a bigger cooldown timer, maybe 2-3 hours.

I have to disagree with you here cornchips. When is it not useful to give all enemies within range a 40~ damage infection? Not to mention it can be popped every 10 minutes, so it's not like you need to be frugal with the thing. It hits through walls also, which can make a gate hop a fancy death trap. I'm not sure if it can actually kill people or if it works like smite though.

*Oh, I'm for the 2-3 hour cool down by the way. I don't mind the damage so much, and that it can hit so many people is part of what makes it a powerful item. Being able to use it like 20~ times a raid is a bit silly though.

Everyone is in agreement it should have a longer cool down, even the people who possess it

Right?

Everyone is in agreement it should have a longer cool down, even the people who possess it

Right?

Yes, but no change to the damage or range as it's fine. Maybe 30, 45, or 60 minutes.

Right?

Yes, but no change to the damage or range as it's fine. Maybe 30, 45, or 60 minutes.

60mins would be more reasonable,

does it have a 5% chance to kill the user or everyone in the range or what? this bit i dont really know