Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Testing Ericsson voice chat

Hi,

you may now test automatic proximity voice chat on the test servers (http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_test.jnlp). If you bring up the Main Menu you may also find a voice chat menu item which lets you form teams and open a direct chat channel.

You need to accept a firewall exception.

Only works on windows, btw.

Feedback is appreciated!

Only works on windows, btw.

Feedback is appreciated!

is it only going to work for windows in the future...? or is it temporary?

calls work fine... although there needs to be a way to increase sound for it.

local proximity range is like half a tile, then its super low volume. (increase the range a bit)

also, is a push to talk option and voice activation sensitivity going to be implemented? (i sure hope so)

Good step, Rolf. Now I don't have to emote whistling as I pass by others.

What's the plan to moderate this?  With respect to saying inappropriate things.

Make them work for Macs! :'(

Good job anyway though

Just logged on to the test sever to take a quick look at how it works, here is the voice chat option window for anyone who is interested, and it seems we will have to pay for the use of some of the services. I scribbled out my number, just in case it is something I shouldn't be sharing.

voicechat.png

[me=MasterGeldrin]sets up a public access Mumble instead.[/me][me=MasterGeldrin]makes entire thing irrelevant.[/me]

With so many free alternatives... is it really wise to be charging silver for it?

[me=MasterGeldrin]sets up a public access Mumble instead.[/me][me=MasterGeldrin]makes entire thing irrelevant.[/me]

With so many free alternatives... is it really wise to be charging silver for it?

Most of us (at least on Wild) already use Ventrilo, so yea...

How close is 'near-by' according to proximity? Is it linked to the code for local?

How do i set the Devices to use for speakers and microphone?

it currently doesnt work for me - win7 64bit

Player to Player works great.

But I haven't found out how local chatting works?

Doesn't seem to be working for me. I am in a voice chat team and I can't hear anyone talking (and no one hears me).

My mic is working, I can use Vocaroo and hear myself. I only have Avast! running, and it doesn't give any warning. Windows Firewall is off.

Not working at all for me, crashing both XP 64bit and Vista 32bit.

Had to switch back to stable client.

...and the best: i don't even want that VoiceChat and can't disable it.

I am assuming we can disable all voice options if we don't care to listen to other players' voices? (right now I have just been disallowing firewall on it which I assume has the same effect, but a setting to mute all voices would be nice also)

I have issues with sounds in this game even without this voice crap and it's something i've been trying to fix on and off for a long time now. This voice crap is making it 10times worse than normal! I have to disable the thing in task manager cause it wont stay disabled and now going to renamed the thing so it wont even recognize it. I use skype or vent, I dont want an ingame voice chat. I dont use it in any other games either! If this is going to be forced I will quit for good and stop wasting my time and money on a game that is not sufficiently being developed.

Its been 8 years i have been playing this mess and waiting and more mess is being shoved down everyone's throat when even the basic simple bugs have not been fixed properly.  Now throw this into the mess...... I'm disappointed, frustrated and appalled at the lack of professionalism shown by Wurm Online.

I tried to be a patient participant, done as any good beta tester would, but seriously this is ridiculous. Nothing will ever work properly or be compatible in this game when there are so many holes creating issues with everything else.

If no one is on the test server then get off your own behinds and test it as a team should before throwing it in to the pool and making your paying costumers suffer.

I dont want an ingame voice chat. I dont use it in any other games either! If this is going to be forced I will quit for good 

Guessing if we just rename files it will just redownload them again the next time we log in?   

I would love to see an ingame poll (NOT forum only but ALL players) to see:

1) who will use it 2) who will stay with 3rd party chats or 3) who wants NOTHING to do with voicechat of any sort.

Can't seem to enable the voice chat in the VC window, the radio buttons don't appear. Guess this has something to do with the voice chat process not running on my system, for some reason it won't start.

May I also +1 ROLF for bringing voice chat to this game! I hope I can get it to work soon!!!

I don't like the fact people can spam you constantly with this. Atndybeach sent me heaps of invitations and hes in another kingdom. My wurm client was lagging that bad i couldn't click on anything. Whats gonna happen in PVP if people do that? I wonder...

Rudie is dead. R.I.P.