Sign in to follow this  
elite

Public announcment: The slaying of Erik the Red Dragon

I've been busy and completely missed this, but would hope to join another attempt.

60 fs

50 ls

37 lms (does a shield help at all against a Dragon?)

29 first aid

good body stats...

considering what I've read so far in this topic and heard, this dragon does most of his damage through instant kill area attacks.

The dragon also couldn't be killed due to a lack of offensive power on the player's side, else it would be dead now.

So in that case a shield is of little use, instead dual wielding the weapon you are best in, or wielding a 2h weapon, should be better.

I got this,

[20:05:54] The venerable starving red dragon is too crowded with attackers. You find no space.

so most of the time doing bandage people, however i think i was able to hit it 2-3 times and died 3 times.

[19:47:55] The venerable starving red dragon breathes fire!
[19:47:55] You are dead.
[19:49:42] The venerable starving red dragon breathes fire!
[19:49:42] You are dead.
[20:10:43] The venerable starving red dragon breathes fire!
[20:10:43] You are dead.

@Broken

Shields are useless fighting this dragon, its physical attacks are jokes (it did only light wounds and a med wound to me with that). I had to drop my own shield to increase attack rate.

Just its fire spell is overpowered, every1 in front and under it got killed instantly. It does also earthquake overtime but this one is weak also.

I think we just need more people with high ql enchanted 2h weapons, we did like many 0.3-0.5 dmg light wounds to it with long swords lol, more dmg wounds came from Mag spells.

how many tiles wide is the firebreath attack? looking back trough the logs and comparing the deaths of firebreath with the person last appearing as tank... most of the time the tank didnt die, while you would expect that guy to be in front of the dragon.

ofcourse the dragon could have changed targets but not hit that person before its firebreath, but i cant see that with the logs, i can only see the last person the dragon attacked before firebreath and asume he was looking that way

Out of curiosity, were most of you guys using Nimbleness?

No sadly, still using my old maul because my new maul hasn't been finished yet.

Out of curiosity, were most of you guys using Nimbleness?

I was, I think Becket was too.

I want my toy, NOW!  ;D

I would love it if it was done before round two though, I bet my DPS will go up a lot.

I want my toy, NOW!  ;D

I would love it if it was done before round two though, I bet my DPS will go up a lot.

You were whacking the meat out of him without it... I wonder how you'd do with it.

A huge thank you to all that took part.

We will be trying it again soon.

I managed to die twice on Pentaxpilot, best deaths ive ever had.

Had a great time with everyone, and im very grateful to everyone being so patient after Freedom decided to lag all day, didnt look like it was going to happen for a while.

wurm201109181846.jpg

So many corpses on the ground !

Im just wondering, after the fight last week, there was an item pile that belonged to zaz, it had a couple of high ql gems (one was a blue sapphire i think, which was names "zaz") and also some enchanted tools. Did anyone happen to pick up the pile by accident and move it somewhere? or is holding on to it for him?

Also, as of today, im on holiday for a week, so im going to start getting things organised for attempt 2 :)

Hey Elite,

I was on holiday when u guys tried to slay Erik. Enjoy yours.

For another try ill come if u like. After Timmy the green i would love to help with a venerable.

Fs:70+Ls/Large Shield

Drake hide 70+

Regards,

Krinos

next time u go for it le`me know:)

Well, the deli killing proved this guy is easily killable with the correct combat tactics.

Deli dragon:

7 Minute battle

No casualties but the dragon.

Many fighters got parts of scale, the rest got axes.

Deli dragon:

7 Minute battle

No casualties but the dragon.

Many fighters got parts of scale, the rest got axes.

and 1 tried to walk off with a large anvil...

The red dragon is easy so long as you properly prepare for it.

7 minute battle.

Huge axes do the best damage with DD and NN on it.

Only 3 Fo healers

Vyn priests

and mags.

No need for anyone to be first aiding thats just a waste. You only need one tank with a dedicated Fo healer on it.

And only 40 people can attack it.

Any addition Fo's, Vyns or Mags that should should only be used as batteries. We used very minimal amount of gems.

Their is no need for a healing house for people to back out, just use competent fo healers and not noobs. Like I said only 3 fo healers needed, rest are just batteries.

However I won't be attending this event, wish you the best of luck on it. I advise you to prepare better by providing people with the huge axes that are casted if you want to stop dying on it and actually get the thing killed and send everyone home with an axe since your reward system obviously shows your sending them home with nothing anyways but the chance to win 2 scale sets.

And Btw, only 7 scales drop.

*Nice job being up front that it was your intention to just keep the scale -2 for youself though and make 2,500e+ Atleast you didn't bs them about it.

setting minimum FS to help kill a new unique? shame on you  :-\

shame.. you're funny, you won't even glance the dragon, he will just step on you before you can even pickup your sword

Nice that it was finally disproved that you need all 70 fs players. In fact FS means very little*, it comes down to the right weapons and enough people. Period.

* except for the tanks

shame.. you're funny, you won't even glance the dragon, he will just step on you before you can even pickup your sword

Nice that it was finally disproved that you need all 70 fs players. In fact FS means very little*, it comes down to the right weapons and enough people. Period.

* except for the tanks

Yeah, its great when stuff gets nerfed at your will, isnt it :) Now even low skill players can kill stuff ^_^

* except for the tanks

good fail quoting a 4-5 month old post