The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Sign in to follow this  
Jericho

"Release Pet" option

Was asking if there was a way to release my pet (I hate the extra word ont he drop-down menus) and CA Help told me I could

1) Offload it to someone else. But then someone ELSE would have a pet menu.

2) Tame it until it attacks me, and then I can kill it. Except I am not getting it to attack me, since it's just a calf and seems content to just eat over 20 wheat and gaining happiness.

The CA also told me to see if anyone else could attack the pet, but since this is Freedom, my alt can't seem to, on-deed OR off.

Figured I could right click -> pet attack but the cow doesn't seem to know what attacking is. On rope, AND off rope.

Need a Release Pet option.

+1 to pet release please!

Isn't that annoying, you can't attack your own pet when its green highlight.

+1 to the idea

The code on Freedom prevents you from attacking pets, even your own and also animals been lead even if you are the one leading it.

The other way to get rid of it would be to lead it to an aggro animal, then run away while the aggro animal is busy killing your pet, but yes, I agree that there should probably be a release option of some sort.

But, but, it wuvs you.

Seriously though, don't see any reason why not.  So long as it's not too easy to accidentally click it, would be annoying to accidentally release a champion crocodile.  Maybe a chat command or would that be too easily confused with /release corpse?

But, but, it wuvs you.

Seriously though, don't see any reason why not.  So long as it's not too easy to accidentally click it, would be annoying to accidentally release a champion crocodile.  Maybe a chat command or would that be too easily confused with /release corpse?

Would be really useful, not having such an option makes handling pets unnecessarily complicated.

+1

I'm comprising a list of "Quality of life" changes to give to Rolf. Ill add this in.

I'm comprising a list of "Quality of life" changes to give to Rolf. Ill add this in.

Should make a forum topic of what should be added... that would be nice

Good suggestion

Should make a forum topic of what should be added... that would be nice

Good suggestion

I have enough to draw from.  ;D

Besides, please reference this handy image made by a forum friend of mine.

pie2.jpg

Besides, please reference this handy image made by a forum friend of mine.

pie2.jpg

the red and blue sections are WAAAYYYY too large on that pie chart.

Only if there are restrictions on WHERE you can release your pet. Leading a champ bear next to a couple of people working and then releasing it would be considered griefing.

Maybe on the restriction that it would have to be...

-Off deed (unless you own said deed)

-Outside of a house (unless you are on the writ)

-Not within 10 tiles of another player (maybe more? 20?)

Only if there are restrictions on WHERE you can release your pet. Leading a champ bear next to a couple of people working and then releasing it would be considered griefing.

You can already grief this way by taming another animal. The usefulness of this far outweighs the slight simplification of griefing.

You can already grief this way by taming another animal. The usefulness of this far outweighs the slight simplification of griefing.