Samool

State of Wurm (it's good)

Portals

Together with New Haven, we’ll be introducing a new portal mechanic, allowing you to teleport from any server to any other server, as well as between starter deeds on the same server.

i just resubbed because of this

ty  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Raix said:

i just resubbed because of this

ty  

Don't count your chickens till there hatched .

Wait to see when or if anything they say comes to pass .

Just hope half will myself .

I have become jaded over time in Wurm .   

• Like 1

We’re still learning how to use the shop to best provide you with extra cosmetic items, even if we, most definitely, missed the mark with pricing at times. Going forward we aim to get out more attractive offers as well as a release more craftable items, not limiting it to skins.

Does this mean paying money to be able to craft things or adding new content (free) that isn't just a re-skin of something else? The former sucks the latter is cool. So much unique looking things are relegated to skins when really players of a high level should be able to craft them. 

5 hours ago, Crumpet said:

Does this mean paying money to be able to craft things or adding new content (free) that isn't just a re-skin of something else? The former sucks the latter is cool. So much unique looking things are relegated to skins when really players of a high level should be able to craft them. 

It's the former, basically buying craftable items from the shop, which I'm all for honestly

Almost everything in the game is player made, I like the idea that even cash shop items are still at the end of the day player made

4 hours ago, Archaed said:

It's the former, basically buying craftable items from the shop, which I'm all for honestly

Almost everything in the game is player made, I like the idea that even cash shop items are still at the end of the day player made

I hope were they are not thinking of something like fantastic tools and weapons in the shop 😢

400 euro flaming 2h sword with 400% damage, no drop, and 3x crit at 20% chance, etc.. who doesn't want one or two of these

Okay yeah actual bonuses/rarity is definitely a hard limit 

Posted (edited)

Craftable items in shop? Thats ridiculous. Just as its ridiculous to sell a wagon skin that removes the cover. These things always used to be added as features. A massive essence of the game (being updated regularily) is well on the way of being changed. Dont hide features behind a pay-wall.

We pay premium and we pay for deeds. Give us features and let us pay for skins and other non-essential tokens of joy.

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 7

There will be no craftable items in the shop, this is about adding new craftable decorative items to the game, so that new content like that is not limited to the shop in the form of skins. 

I have modified the original post to clarify that.

• Like 17

When roughly are the new portals coming (aside from with the new starter system)?

• Like 2

can we please allow our karma to transfer aswell? too lazy to do missions for more karma

On 3/24/2024 at 6:07 PM, Samool said:

There will be no craftable items in the shop, this is about adding new craftable decorative items to the game, so that new content like that is not limited to the shop in the form of skins. 

I have modified the original post to clarify that.

On 3/23/2024 at 5:34 AM, Crumpet said:

This is 100% the right move, praise the Wurm gods. 

25 minutes ago, Crumpet said:

This is 100% the right move, praise the Wurm gods. 

"Wurm gods"??? There is only ONE true Wurm god: MAGRANON!

In all seriousness, though:

I, for one, am looking forward to new craftable items!

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 1:03 PM, Wulfmaer said:

Is this going to include the work you mentioned some years ago so that those of us on macOS are not stuck with the legacy version (2.1) of openGL? And will finally get to see distant trees, writing on signs and all the other good things?

Oh, and while the client is being worked on, how about an Apple Silicon version?

Yes please, this is a hell of a long over due!!

I'd love to know when portals are coming too :) Anxiously awaiting

• Like 1

Regarding portals and moving back and forth between clusters;  

Will journal entries be separate between clusters or will things like rifts and unique kills contribute to a combined overall journal? 

Will karma transfer from NFI to SFI?  Starting out with no gear on a new cluster, there may be a lot of corpse summoning involved until gear is acquired. 

Any hint on when "the near future" may be? :)  

Thank you,

Tuko

Action Rework:

Public testing of this feature will follow shortly after we finish the UI part of the changes and we run it through some more intensive internal testing. Expect an announcement on this in the upcoming weeks.

That was 5 weeks ago. Any news about this? Even news about further delays would be welcome. Show the players that you are alive and working on something.

Yeah i dont think the in-game auction house is a good idea. Cause it really make the game less realistic or some call it roleplaying. That will probably ruin the game itself, so i advise not to do it.

• Like 2

Wts merchant contracts… crap no one will buy them…

18 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Wts merchant contracts… crap no one will buy them…

cant be that sure about the "useless merchants"... worst care integration of merchants with ah could be a thing.. or some benefit for all should emerge.. or if ah costs more to you or the buyer somehow.. people will still go to a market, and some love the RP and travel to markets

let things play their course, if something's bad, explain what's wrong.. and wait for next change

Gimme that auction house!

Stay away from my merchant!

when portals coming, yo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derp said:

when portals coming, yo?

Soon !

Bridges by 2006 Rolf .

• Like 2

cross cluster portals are actually the only thing i've been excited about in years and i have no patience please help

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Camelrider said:

cross cluster portals are actually the only thing i've been excited about in years and i have no patience please help

what are you excited for

tell papa blaze