Army

Christmas Event 2023

On 12/21/2023 at 9:44 PM, Army said:

After the third mission, you will have a small chance to receive a gift from previous Christmas events instead: a yule goat, yule reindeer, lunchbox, saddle bags, snowman, bedroll, checker board or jewelry box skin.

It all sounds really great. Thank you for making something special! :D I have a few questions though.

Do you mean Saddle Sacks? Or the craftable item Saddle Bags? 

And what about the stockings? Nothing from them this year? 

On 12/25/2023 at 11:24 AM, Fraskesa said:

It all sounds really great. Thank you for making something special! :D I have a few questions though.

Do you mean Saddle Sacks? Or the craftable item Saddle Bags? 

And what about the stockings? Nothing from them this year? 

It's also a Picnic basket, not a lunch box. They are listing the craftables here. 

After the third mission, you will have a small chance to receive a gift from previous Christmas events instead: a yule goat, yule reindeer, lunchbox, saddle bags, snowman, bedroll, checker board or jewelry box

Its the wrong snowman again, its actually giving the player made one instead of the snowball giver version.

Ignore that

Edited by Hailiah

4 minutes ago, Hailiah said:

After the third mission, you will have a small chance to receive a gift from previous Christmas events instead: a yule goat, yule reindeer, lunchbox, saddle bags, snowman, bedroll, checker board or jewelry box

Its the wrong snowman again, its actually giving the player made one instead of the snowball giver version.

interesting.. I got one.. never looked, "nice", if you have a bug report I can jump on it.. also can check what I really got.. never bothered.. saw snow man, ditched it and moved on

woops

I will check mine when the servers come back up, just checked the wiki photos...it is the right one, my bad, sorry.

Doh

Edited by Hailiah

5 hours ago, Hailiah said:

I will check mine when the servers come back up, just checked the wiki photos...it is the right one, my bad, sorry.

Doh

mine was ok, gives 1x snow ball

Any chance you can add the Embark (driver) default action to the Sled like the large cart and wagons have?

• Like 3

A set number for the extra gifts would be great.  I'm getting tapped out after the 3rd extra gift, as that took 51 items.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the event!  It's just not going to continue to be enjoyable if at some point I need 150 items to maybe get a gift I want. I'm excited to get saddle sacks, though, since I wanted those! :D

• Like 1

I was told (have not reached it myself) that the count stops at 60 items, and repeats at 60.  

• Like 1

Might of been me that told you that Spacy. Seems not the case, though not sure how i Miscounted. Last one i did took 74 items i think it was, 73 or 74.

Finn gave the numbers for the first ten gifts:

Just a number of frags to collect, but far from impossible. In my case, a second sled and a festive bedroll were the exciting ones, the rest, sheaths, elf statues, not so much but would be stupid to complain. All in all, a funny idea. And the items still flow in, though I play much less, mostly mining.

I just had a gift level of needing 65 items, so yeah, goes up about 7 each level, it seems.

On 12/28/2023 at 10:17 PM, Jingerjas said:

A set number for the extra gifts would be great.  I'm getting tapped out after the 3rd extra gift, as that took 51 items.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the event!  It's just not going to continue to be enjoyable if at some point I need 150 items to maybe get a gift I want. I'm excited to get saddle sacks, though, since I wanted those! :D

You can keep going past the initial 3.. it's costs you 3-6-9.. then infinite amount of gifts is in front of you.. it "just" scales by +7 more for every next gift.. yes.. quickly becomes unreasonable to keep going; but also you get to pay2win and prem an alt and keep doing same thing from the start, enjoy

as6i363.png

• Like 3

On 12/31/2023 at 1:30 PM, starnova said:

... but the elfs are fugly lol

If they were cute, they could prolly work some place else 😉

• Like 1

"you get the xmas goblin-elfs you need, not the elfs you want" - 2023.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

I enjoyed the gift this year, a nice goblin statue to accentuate my living space.
I also enjoyed having an incentive to go out and botanize/forage and the Christmas Cleanup mission was fun too.
I would like to see more masks and/or shoulder pads added to monster drops though. I've got about 20 of these snowman heads.

This year gifts were awesome!!!  The gift that keeps on giving!!!

My last round was #12 and it took 102 Christmas Festive Items for the gifts.

Love all my gifts, I did get a few new archeology stuff, the reindeer is my favoritte, but was more into mining for more gifts!!!  

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year!!!

• Like 2

Loved this event! Thank you, Wurm staff, for putting in the time and effort to give us a fun event this season! I was able to get all the gifts I missed while I was away from the game and that made it a perfect time to return. So glad to be back and so excited to see what 2024 has in store for Wurm!

thanks staff! was a S tier event, I'm comparing it with other mmorpg events also! hope to see something similar for Easter

good stuff.

“Get used to lootboxes” event.

After all, you liked lootboxes? 😈

Edited by Dao

Well, I enjoyed the event, but ..

Already I found my share of vintage stuff quite a lot (snowman, snow lamp, 2 yule reindeers, 2 skins, 2 sleds, beside an army of goblins elfs and a bunch of wreaths), though I mostly grinded mining on sandstone.

How will this event be topped without exhausting all the vintage stuff of over a decade?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Well, I enjoyed the event, but ..

Already I found my share of vintage stuff quite a lot (snowman, snow lamp, 2 yule reindeers, 2 skins, 2 sleds, beside an army of goblins elfs and a bunch of wreaths), though I mostly grinded mining on sandstone.

How will this event be topped without exhausting all the vintage stuff of over a decade?

shoosh I want my easter BoK

• Like 1

greate event this year, fun and rewarding.

Now for next Christmas pls give us santa clause statue

And when that is said, i wouldnt mind a easter bunny statue for easter :)

24 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

Now for next Christmas pls give us santa clause statue

Troll Santa's colossus assembled from 4000 pieces obtained from gift lootboxes. 🤣

• Like 1