Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Krister asked if we wanted to see the financials for Wurm

Krister a couple of days ago made his post here:

Within this post he mentioned that he would like to share Wurm's financial situation with us all in the form he believes to be best suited. I think this is extremely admirable to offer this information to the community and I think would go a long way to help us all understand the current state of the game.

I would like to requested that Krister releases the past two years of full P&L Financials for Code Club AB along with any interim financials for the current year. 

Along with this, I would love to see the business plan that covers exposures, risk mitigation and projections which is informing decision making. 

Thanks!

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 30
  • Cat 4

The irony is gonna be that the biggest profits in Wurm's history will be the half a year after the steam released when we were getting hype statements about the game's future on the forum while no actual development work was being done. :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Emoo said:

Along with this, I would love to see the business plan that covers exposures, risk mitigation and projections which is informing decision making. 

how about a new logo instead? my door is open if you have any questions

• Like 5

And I would like to ask the Prince of Monaco to give me his yacht. Do you think he will agree?

• Like 2

Dao why are you bootlicking all over the forums today, just let us have fun okay

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Constructive forum posts on the topic are what's needed right now. Thanks Drongo.

"Finances
I would like to share our financial situation with you, to give you all an outline of current status and our goals for the future."

The Dominion appreciates your transparent approach to financial disclosure. We graciously accept the offer.

"This could be in the form you chose is best suited, I will accommodate the wishes of the team and the community."

The Emperor and the OP don't always see eye to eye, but in this case:

"I would like to requested that Krister releases the past two years of full P&L Financials for Code Club AB along with any interim financials for the current year."
sounds pretty good to me.

We accept.

Thank you.

Edited by Robus
idk fix the website maybe lol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chakron said:

Dao why are you bootlicking all over the forums today, just let us have fun okay

My door is open, you can leave, I don't detain anyone.

Krister makes Rolf look like a knight in shining armor... 

I would like to request Krister put Wurm Online up for sale. I will find the money to save this game from this chaotic nonsense.

• Like 9

Judging a bit by incomes I'd say that if something doesn't make enough money he will probably just get rid of it like selling it or turn off the servers and the game.

One just need to take a look at the services they are offering on their website :  https://gamechestgroup.com/

So even if Krister posts the whole financial data that has been requested, I would really like him to be honest about what he wants from the game? 
*Income stability? In such case, how much do he expect to get from wurm?
*Growing permanent playerbase ? How many?

If things like this doesnt achieve what he wants, are he plausible to sell the whole game to the community or some other company?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fearil said:

Found this while looking around the website for GCG. Looks like a loss of about 80k USD in Q1? Am I reading that wrong?

GCG loses money.

As soon as the above-referenced unsolicited promise to disclose Wurm Online's financials is delivered upon, we can determine for ourselves if Wurm loses money or not.

• Like 2

Just now, Robus said:

GCG loses money.

As soon as the above-referenced unsolicited promise to disclose Wurm Online's financials is delivered upon, we can determine for ourselves if Wurm loses money or not.

Yeah for sure, would be nice to see wurm's part of the overall pie.

• Like 2

The PDF is more detailed, but still doesn't split it up in the three groups GCG is made off.

So yes, a more detailed oversight would be very welcome.

Thorin :) 

• Like 2

Newbie questions incoming:

Except:

- Running server costs / website+forum hosting

- Salaries of paid staff

What are other fix costs of Wurm Online ? Java licences maybe ?

I've always heard Wurm Online servers costs are pretty low, can someone confirm this maybe ?

As someone with a degree in business management and a background in accounting I would also love to see the financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, etc.). I think it is admirable for a company like this to release this information to their player base. It will go along way setting some minds to ease. 

Edit: @Krister, if you need any help with this I would love to offer a hand. As I said above my degree is in Business Management specifically in hotel operations and resort management but I have extensive background in accounting and financial planning for businesses. 

Edited by Zachariah
  • Like 5

@KristerI've said this many time but just incase you haven't seen it, please please do a Q&A on Twitch. I'm not sure if you are aware but the devs used to do Twitch streams from time to time but haven't done so for years. If you want to earn trust with the community then come on the Twitch stream and answer peoples questions to the best you can, be transparent that is all we ask for.

The majority of us want you to succeed in the role and improve Wurm for the better but speaking on the forum is not doing it, speak to us on Stream you will get more respect that way and show your true self. I want Wurm to succeed just as much as anyone but the only way you will get that is to engage with us and be honest. If things are not going to plan then tell us, what are you trying to do to make things better? I have more respect for you if you just say it how it is and not just post what we want to hear.

I do hope you take the Twitch stream seriously, they engage with the community. You could show off some of the things you want to improve on, how Wurm might look in the future, it will get people excited for what is to come. The community does not know how to feel right now, they are given road maps and never talked about for years. Show us tangible evidence of what you are working on.

Despite all that has gone on I wish you well in succeeding taking the game forward.

• Like 2

Changing the way to communicate with people from words to numbers. Why not?

1 minute ago, Coach said:

Changing the way to communicate with people from words to numbers. Why not?

I like this, numbers never lie. Numbers are also multilingually and multiculturally understandable. No one will get confused (unless you cant read financial statements, but don't worry, it's rather easy) by someone else's communication style. 

2 hours ago, Emoo said:

Krister a couple of days ago made his post here:

Within this post he mentioned that he would like to share Wurm's financial situation with us all in the form he believes to be best suited. I think this is extremely admirable to offer this information to the community and I think would go a long way to help us all understand the current state of the game.

I would like to requested that Krister releases the past two years of full P&L Financials for Code Club AB along with any interim financials for the current year. 

Thanks!

but why.. do you want to invest into stocks

I am more interested when and what content could be expected, and sort of such things.. rather than company financials, you already can snipe on such information as the company is required by law to put such publicly.

Being players of the game in no way requires us or gives us any right to "calm any nerves" or whatever to look into such data, just like we don't have any need to check your streaming profits and costs each month/quarter reports/etc to consume generated content.

At this point I just care only about piles of reports in "client bugs" and people being unable to play the game at all... lacking fixes to everyday issues which are new, old or just implemented from recent patches, and eventual future new content.

biased... I want a gawd damn new cart recipe, not a skin... if possible;

as you see, we all want something, I'll likely never get a new cart model sadly.. lets pray for fixes and enjoyable new content for now..

Edited by Finnn

2 hours ago, Revnik said:

Krister makes Rolf look like a knight in shining armor... 

I would like to request Krister put Wurm Online up for sale. I will find the money to save this game from this chaotic nonsense.

Nah Rolf didn't give a hoot. If he wanted to change something he would and not tell anyone. 

I would be interested in the financials of Wurm Online, since the acquisition, and if possible the 3 years previous, pro-forma or amalgamated with Codeclub, or whatever is the Swedish norm for private to public financial reporting.

Not Gamechest group's consolidated statements. As a publicly traded stock these are already available. GCG has been reporting losses for years.

The profit and loss and cash flow of Wurm Online, broken out separately, would be of interest to me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Finnn said:

but why

"Finances
I would like to share our financial situation with you, to give you all an outline of current status and our goals for the future."

The Dominion believes the above to be a worthwhile offer made in good faith to build trust between the community and the new leadership team.

I would also like to see the full financials and business plan for Wurm Online. Not for Game Chest Group as a whole, but specifically for Wurm Online. 

• Like 1