Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Bring back wrapping for the holiday period

If you want to get rid of wrapping then fine, but at least let us wrap up gifts for fellow players for the holiday season!

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 8

I would say okay as long as all the things wrapped would lose their wrapping when the Christmas patch was removed or they just as well put it back full time. 

• Like 5

was turned off because people was abusing of it to prevent the decay of items or other strange thing.

But allow that only for December and January will be a nice Xmas gift :D

• Like 1

Is wrapping a pelt really game breaking or am I missing something?  I'd support bringing it back entirely

• Like 11

I still have some items wrapped up as gifts, so I would not like to see them "unwrapped" after Christmas. Better to just bring gift wrapping back as it was before.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Please completely re-allow gift wrapping and just make the damage on the package transfer to the item that was wrapped, to prevent "abuse" of storing pelts in a wrapper (but seriously who cares)

• Like 3

Please completely re-allow gift wrapping and just make the damage on the package transfer to the item that was wrapped, to prevent "abuse" of storing pelts in a wrapper (but seriously who cares)

Other than Rolf? No one. We all store pelts on free alts or merchants to prevent decay. 

I honestly think he does it to try and push his magic chest sales... what he fails to understand is the only reason anyone would waste 25-50s on such an item is because they want to keep their meals fresh (which isn't supposed to be a feature of the chests anyway). Everything else can be stored on a free alt.... and if you're paranoid about said free alt being wiped from the database, you can pony up 10s to buy it premium and never have to worry again (and still save quite a bit of coin).

• Like 2

I don't think that just because there are alternate ways to avoid a mechanism that another way to avoid is necessary. I'd be all for gift-wrapping to return for the holidays but only if gifts automatically unwrapped after a certain date. An alternate, as suggested before, would be for the damage on the package to transfer to the contents but you'd have to get creative in how the gifts decay, since we don't want gifts decaying during the holidays themselves.

I'd much rather see the insane decay of several items (pelts, whetstones, lanterns come to mind) be reduced to a reasonable level and for the mail to be fixed (again....) to include all the items forgotten last round. Pelts only really decay as fast as they do to keep the server from being littered with them from butchered mobs. My recommended solution would be to keep 'pelts' as the tool but with normal tool decay, but have mobs drop something else ("skin"?) that decays rapidly but can be converted to a 'pelt' with any bladed tool with no loss of quality.

• Like 1

I'd be all for this +1

And all for the auto-unwrapping after a period of time. Considering all the "gifts" I have laying around my deed from old decayed deeds. *cough*

Is wrapping a pelt really game breaking or am I missing something?  I'd support bringing it back entirely

lol, wrapping a pelt is game breaking but invisible people in pvp doesn't warrant it being halted or even mentioned to players. Cause this team has there priorities right +1 to all year round just make gifts take damage.

Edited by JockII

+1 

I miss wrapping gifts up, they looked so pretty under the trees c:

I'd like it back for good (for birthdays too!) but I'll settle for just christmas...

Edited by Rosie

Bring it back fully, just make it use paper instead of wood scraps.

+1

Wait no!  I take that back!  There are no reeds on my mountain!!!!

I don't think that just because there are alternate ways to avoid a mechanism that another way to avoid is necessary. I'd be all for gift-wrapping to return for the holidays but only if gifts automatically unwrapped after a certain date. An alternate, as suggested before, would be for the damage on the package to transfer to the contents but you'd have to get creative in how the gifts decay, since we don't want gifts decaying during the holidays themselves.

I'd much rather see the insane decay of several items (pelts, whetstones, lanterns come to mind) be reduced to a reasonable level and for the mail to be fixed (again....) to include all the items forgotten last round. Pelts only really decay as fast as they do to keep the server from being littered with them from butchered mobs. My recommended solution would be to keep 'pelts' as the tool but with normal tool decay, but have mobs drop something else ("skin"?) that decays rapidly but can be converted to a 'pelt' with any bladed tool with no loss of quality.

I am not saying it's necessary to reinstate another way to avoid a mechanism (item decay), I am saying the protection of the mechanism itself is pointless. There are a million and one (exaggeration) ways to prevent item decay. To remove one of those ways, while leaving the other ways intact, is doing absolutely nothing but wasting time and removing content from your game. No one cared that people were storing pelts in gift wrapping, because prior to that, everyone did it by other means. Just like now. The only person that seems to care is Rolf... and it's his game, so of course he is free to make that decision. But, if he's going to take a stand against decay prevention, he needs to do it 100%... or not at all. 

I'd prefer if he not waste his time worrying about people circumventing his overbearing decay system. He should invest that time into adding content and fixing his game instead of removing features and content because he's got a hard-on about making items go poof.

Why do we still have decay on non-bulk items found on deeds with more than 30 days upkeep? If that popular suggestion was actually considered by Rolf, we wouldn't have to worry about skins to pelts, or abuse in giftwrapping, or anything else related to that nature...

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 2

make the ql of the papyrus determin how long the item will stay wrapped (@1-9.99ql = 1day / @90+ql = 10 days )

then you can even write a note on it :)

• Like 1

+1

This could be so easily helped. They didnt want you selling the 99ql items to the tokens I believe - turning a wood scrap into a 99ql item to sell was the problem I believe. This could be helped with lower ql at the getgo? Let the woodscrap decide the ql?

+1

Reintroduce wrapping then like around feb delete any unwrapped box left in game until next Christmas.

This would stop anyone using them for storage as it would be deleted.

ofc anyone with wrapped items would now have 1-2 month to find alternative methods of decay reduction.

I am not saying it's necessary to reinstate another way to avoid a mechanism (item decay), I am saying the protection of the mechanism itself is pointless. There are a million and one (exaggeration) ways to prevent item decay. To remove one of those ways, while leaving the other ways intact, is doing absolutely nothing but wasting time and removing content from your game. No one cared that people were storing pelts in gift wrapping, because prior to that, everyone did it by other means. Just like now.

Why do we still have decay on non-bulk items found on deeds with more than 30 days upkeep? If that popular suggestion was actually considered we wouldn't have to worry about skins to pelts, or abuse in giftwrapping, or anything else related to that nature...

Removed all your references to beating Rolf over the head for everything and then I can agree with your response. As with a number of your posts, I can agree with points made but not with continually berating Rolf in the process. Anger management. Breathe in, breathe out, relax, think, respond.

=Ayes=

+1, barrels don't look very holiday festive

Breathe in, breathe out, relax, think, respond.

We would be more relaxed if Rolf actually took the time to think before HE acted. It's not about us having anger issues, it's about all the sheep allowing Rolf to do whatever he wants because they worship the man like he was a god. Rolf needs constructive critisism and being told where he went wrong, not people patting him on the back whenever he makes a poorly thought-through change.

• Like 1

We would be more relaxed if Rolf actually took the time to think before HE acted. It's not about us having anger issues, it's about all the sheep allowing Rolf to do whatever he wants because they worship the man like he was a god. Rolf needs constructive critisism and being told where he went wrong, not people patting him on the back whenever he makes a poorly thought-through change.

Nearly a year later and still no gift wrapping.

As it's getting closer to Christmas, I'll give this a bump in the hopes that we can at least get wrapping back for the Christmas period.

• Like 1