Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Xanadu available!

No, i enjoy the game and try my best instead of coming here to complain about fresh start and fairness which i might add does not exist in this game. 

Or any MMO game, for that matter.

There will always be someone who starts before you and always someone who starts after you.

Huh, nothing exploded. I'm both surprised and mildly disappointed.

GJ Wurm team.

But thats a problem with many old MMOs. In Eve for example, there are players who are playing it for many years already. They got so much money, resources and skills, you will need years to be as good as them. And each year, the game just gets more "elite". Of cause, you can start as a new player, but you will always be a new player, because you are always 7 years behind ;)

I really loved wurm when I played it many years ago. But I never really got that "pioneer-feeling" anymore when playing wurm.

I think a good thing would be for old players to die in game :D just like in real live. Just imagine all people on the world would be immortal. Noone would ever study again, because there are just too many people who just know everything for 500 years already ;)

Maybe not a good example. But old MMOs just have the problem of immortal elite players. Maybe its just my opinion, but thats just how I feel each time I join wurm again. I just feel like a new player, not able to do anything and surrounded by old players who gift me weapons and tools that I could never build myself. I hate feeling like a beggar

Is there a sandbox MMO that isnt like this????

just my luck i step out the door for some sun, and 20 minutes later xandu is connected xD been mashing my F6 so hard since thuesday morning i think il need a new keyboard.

SET SAIL !

Ah, so Xanadu is open for everyone? I just saw that there is a new server, and that it is only available for new acounts. My first thought was "hey, finally time to play wurm again, without being surrounded by people who play for years with super skills" ;)

To be honest, I'm not really interested now anymore. I would love a real fresh world, only for new players. This game really needs some kind of fresh start. Every time I played wurm in the last years, I was just annoyed that soo many old players just had super skills, and everywhere are ruins. Thats the same reason I left playing EVE some years ago.

So I will have for Wurm 2 to start again? ;)

Agreed. Those pesky grinders! *flexes 30Body str*

• Like 1

Mmmm, my mouth is wartering over all those flowers. Prepare for flowerless power!

Heh, I wish I'd stayed on release to watch the price of everything plummet!  XD

Ah, so Xanadu is open for everyone? I just saw that there is a new server, and that it is only available for new acounts. My first thought was "hey, finally time to play wurm again, without being surrounded by people who play for years with super skills" ;)

To be honest, I'm not really interested now anymore. I would love a real fresh world, only for new players. This game really needs some kind of fresh start. Every time I played wurm in the last years, I was just annoyed that soo many old players just had super skills, and everywhere are ruins. Thats the same reason I left playing EVE some years ago.

So I will have for Wurm 2 to start again? ;)

Sorry to say but on day three of this server being open even to new accounts you already had a lot of people past 50 skill levels in multiple skills. Made no difference whatsoever if old accounts got to join the new server or not and it's a hella huge area with plenty of room for every single player without ever bumping into each other. So there will always be a market even for newbies and those with a "fresh" start. BRICKS BRICKS BRICKS get to making them and you'll be rich eventually. Veteran players RARELY resort to brickmaking as a profession. There's no ruins on Xanadu but there's already been tons of disbands so if there is was all caused by new accounts and not skilled ones anyway. There really is nothing to complain about as it's all worth every bit of it.

Big thanks to Rolf and the whole team !!!

As far as I heard everything went pretty smooth, except that in release a wild ice age appeared right after I crossed the border.

I certainly did not expect that, also the lag was only noticeable when someone crossed the border with a ton of items.

Now I just need to get my Corbita into some inland-lake... :wacko:

(Rolf, could I bribe you with some :wub: :wub: :wub:  to, bug, me and my ship across a mountain? B) )

Sure hope you guys party hard this weekend, you deserve it!

No mail to xanadu yet i guess?

There is. Priests sailed over the instant the could, at least from Pristine there was a huge amount of Fo priests that went there. I saw several mailboxes being cast on as well so pretty sure they're there now and can send to older servers (not sure on that part though as I've never tried it yet)

There is. Priests sailed over the instant the could, at least from Pristine there was a huge amount of Fo priests that went there. I saw several mailboxes being cast on as well so pretty sure they're there now and can send to older servers (not sure on that part though as I've never tried it yet)

Since you mention it: Was it possible to mail from Independence to Exodus/Celebration? (with Deli between)

Because I tried to mail something from Release to Inde(and vice versa) but got a message stating the distance is to big.

I have a concern about something after I crossed into Xanadu on my main with my villagers. We had a bunch of tools and stuff loaded onto our two ships much like everyone else. Except for us, when we landed on shore we had none of our tools, armor, or objects that are non-bulk. They all vanished during the transition is my guess. I died and noticed that my plate armor was missing from our locked ship, and there is no permission to allow everyone to access it as I never check that. It was there when we left Pristine, I double checks so we didn't have to go back. 

The armor was my main concern though as it's all 70ql plate armor with a great helm and all of it is enchanted with AoSP of 60 power. That's expensive armor in terms of how much money I have, and I was wondering if there was a way to track what had happened to all of our stuff. We're traders who make and sell goods, primarily that what we lost, so it's pretty important we find out what happened and where they went. Any ideas? (I'll cross back tomorrow sometime to check and see if it somehow remained on the Pristine server when we crossed, I was pretty laggy leaving Pristine so it coulda been the case)

Since you mention it: Was it possible to mail from Independence to Exodus/Celebration? (with Deli between)

Because I tried to mail something from Release to Inde(and vice versa) but got a message stating the distance is to big.

I'm not sure on the mailing part of it as I haven't tried myself. However I was seeing a lot of successful text regarding "2 server distances" where it jumps over one server to deliver to one "2 servers away" or something to that effect. I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not, but my guess is maybe it's limited by KM distance?

Heh, I wish I'd stayed on release to watch the price of everything plummet!  XD

Ship prices dived on Pristine haha picked up a nice deal on a knarr xP will sell it later and profit I'm sure lol bet several other stuff dived as well for a few days

I have a concern about something after I crossed into Xanadu on my main with my villagers. We had a bunch of tools and stuff loaded onto our two ships much like everyone else. Except for us, when we landed on shore we had none of our tools, armor, or objects that are non-bulk. They all vanished during the transition is my guess. I died and noticed that my plate armor was missing from our locked ship, and there is no permission to allow everyone to access it as I never check that. It was there when we left Pristine, I double checks so we didn't have to go back. 

The armor was my main concern though as it's all 70ql plate armor with a great helm and all of it is enchanted with AoSP of 60 power. That's expensive armor in terms of how much money I have, and I was wondering if there was a way to track what had happened to all of our stuff. We're traders who make and sell goods, primarily that what we lost, so it's pretty important we find out what happened and where they went. Any ideas? (I'll cross back tomorrow sometime to check and see if it somehow remained on the Pristine server when we crossed, I was pretty laggy leaving Pristine so it coulda been the case)

I am glad that you have brought this up and described the circumstances. Although I was not sure if this would happen, it does not surprise me that it has. I was intending to have one alt along logged onboard ship for the whole trip for the express purpose of carrying all my tools and small items.

What does surprise me however is your statement that "all non-bulk items" vanished. What about loaded items then, such as large carts, rafts within carts, large chests, items within rafts within carts, small barrels within rafts within carts? Things like this. Perhaps you did not carry these over so would not know but these are items that I will have within my corbita hold. Not much really can be done about carrying all those on person.

Your experience of loosing tools and armor within ships hold does remind me of what happened to some when they first crossed over to Deliverance on opening day. This is why I was aware that this might be a possibility again and will take precautions against it. Others such as yourself being unaware, may not be so fortunate.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

Just wanted to post that the mail is open to Xanadu from Deliverance so i am guessing all are open. 

Edited by Kegan

Wurm did it with Pristine but what happened was that all the old players just started over as well to milk all the new players for money.

Now wait a second, that's a bit extreme to say "all". A lot of older players enjoy the "fresh start" aspect of new servers just as much as new players do. I and many friends who've played a while like to jump over to new servers for that pioneering experience, or hoping to find that elusive PERFECT spot, rather than to get rich!

Sign in to follow this