Sign in to follow this  
Swistony

Poll for new players to the game

Will you stay or will you go  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been playing for?

• week to 1 month
    • 1 month to 3 months
    • 3 months to 6 mths
    • 6 months to 1 year
    • 1 yr +
    • Do you think you will be still playing in 1 months time
    • Do you think you will be playing in 3 months time
    • Do you think you will be playing in 6 months time
    • Do you think you will be playing in 1 years time
    • Are you already looking for a new game like Wurm ?
  2. 2. What needs to change/improve in Wurm in your opinion?

• Better combat system
    • Trade system
    • Social system
    • Player retention
    • Advertising
    • Skill grind
    • Crafting System
    • No nothing need to change the game is perfect
  3. 3. In general do you like Wurm

• Yes i think its great
    • Yes but needs game mechanics changing
    • Yes its ok
    • Indiferant
    • No cant wait to find another game like wurm but better
    • No because no real changes are being made
    • No theirs to much favoritism going on with Devs and vets
    • Dont wish to answer

Hi fellow players please take few minutes to vote all opinions are welcome good or bad. IMO I think this will help devs improve the game by knowing what the community want. Once we get some proper readings from the votes we can then all come up with ideas to improve what is already interesting game.

Thank you

Edited by Swistony
  • Like 1

i think your accunt will not end up well as well... normaly topics get locked with reason...

oh well no big loss just proves points made :)

Pretty much always the answer to: "Why did a FM delete/lock the thread?", the answer is always: "ask them" if it isn't clear. When they take action, that means they believe you did something wrong. If you then do it again, knowing that FMs believe it's not allowed, then that means you're automatically in the wrong again.

That doesn't mean you can't have a really good point and that they didn't make some mistake. However, that is not something you openly discuss on the forums, but rather with the FM or Lead FM.

Anyways, about your post:

simple no advertising

The game is advertised nearly every time there is a big update or another event

skill grind

On Epic, as you might know, you can grind skills incredibly fast to a level where it is actually useful. Grinds themselves aren't necessarily bad, nearly every single mmo has it in some way

Vets control Rolf

???

Vets don't want change unless it befits them

sadly, I agree

no trade (unless you like making bricks and mortar), whats the point of being able to make 90ql stuff when theirs no one to sell it to either because theirs hardly anyone to sell to and the handful that are on can make it.

You can't have easy skill gain and expect nobody to have high skill? Not to mention that people on PvP servers generally rely on their own communities fo supplies.
  • Like 1

eh I am content with wurm's features, they are slowly changing things for the better like crafting system.

Rolf's intervention on pvp tho... give very very very bitter taste. Vets says it is Rolf, think of it as god intervention or something and deal with it.

I see what forum posts you pasted here, the links still there and even without them I know what game it is. The game still on very alpha stage and their devs / staffs are not yet facing piles of problems and complains, so people can dream it be better, but it doesn't have proves it is better yet.

• Like 3

very true rose i dont disagree with you there, as i said in another post if the game does what it says on the tin then great but theres only 1 way to find out. Plus i would be quite happy staying on wurm ive built and spent alot of time on my skills but wurm is 2 quiet and i dont see much befit to having these skill atm.

/close

dont like it, dont come here.

you only make it hard for yourself.

edit: Enjoy your 2weeks holiday though! =)

Edited by silakka

i still think u need few years of playing wurm just to learn how all works and why is that...  i m here around for almost 3 years and there is every day i learn something new in game mehanics...   

so play game and learn why is something made as is it...  then sugguest inprove or solution one by one,,,

Summer break in the USA is like a week away.

Historically that's when Wurm has it's largest spike in population.

If you don't like it play something else.

Edited by Lexi

I enjoy Wurm and intend to keep on playing until I no longer do...

I hope you enjoy whatever game you end up on.

Remember to keep in mind this is not about what i think its more about what new players think.

Pretty much always the answer to: "Why did a FM delete/lock the thread?", the answer is always: "ask them" if it isn't clear. When they take action, that means they believe you did something wrong. If you then do it again, knowing that FMs believe it's not allowed, then that means you're automatically in the wrong again.

That doesn't mean you can't have a really good point and that they didn't make some mistake. However, that is not something you openly discuss on the forums, but rather with the FM or Lead FM.

Anyways, about your post:

The game is advertised nearly every time there is a big update or another event

On Epic, as you might know, you can grind skills incredibly fast to a level where it is actually useful. Grinds themselves aren't necessarily bad, nearly every single mmo has it in some way

???

sadly, I agree

You can't have easy skill gain and expect nobody to have high skill? Not to mention that people on PvP servers generally rely on their own communities fo supplies.

Thanks for your input keep it coming :)

/close

dont like it, dont come here.

you only make it hard for yourself.

edit: Enjoy your 2weeks holiday though! =)

Thanks for your input Silakka if thats how you feel i respect that. And thx i hope the weathers nice wont be hard to beat im in the uk lol.

• Like 1

i still think u need few years of playing wurm just to learn how all works and why is that...  i m here around for almost 3 years and there is every day i learn something new in game mehanics...   

so play game and learn why is something made as is it...  then sugguest inprove or solution one by one,,,

Thx Rocky for your comments thats what this poll is for to find out what needs improving and what doesnt .

Remember to keep in mind this is not about what i think its more about what new players think.

1) you're pretty flooding the forum with anti-wurm, anti-long time players, and vets control Rolf, so I'm certain it's all about how you feel.

2) in any business, you need to gain more customers, but not at the expense of your long-term, loyal customers, many of whom helped get you started.

3) in almost every thread, it seems that you've been the odd man out. Not, unanimously, granted. There are many who agree with some of your points, but the majority does not seem to share your bitterness.

4) my personal opinion, it seems to me that you won't be happy until you have 20g+ in the bank and 100 in every skill....

• Like 3

1) you're pretty flooding the forum with anti-wurm, anti-long time players, and vets control Rolf, so I'm certain it's all about how you feel.

2) in any business, you need to gain more customers, but not at the expense of your long-term, loyal customers, many of whom helped get you started.

3) in almost every thread, it seems that you've been the odd man out. Not, unanimously, granted. There are many who agree with some of your points, but the majority does not seem to share your bitterness.

4) my personal opinion, it seems to me that you won't be happy until you have 20g+ in the bank and 100 in every skill....

rong my freind 

1 how can trying to make the game better be anti wurm. This will be the last post i ever write. 

2 your right why should they get hert but the long time players should also compromise  in understanding to make this game great it has to change.

3 your right again but i did not help my self with my attitude to people so imo ive to make a better poll and if the moderators let it run it wont be about what you think i think it about what new and old players think.

4 thank you for your opinion but i dont care about gold infact unless ive worked hard for it it doesnt interest me thats why i dont pay to win :). Whats the point having something if you havnt earn t it just like irl .

P.s Please accept my humble  apologies  to anyone i have offended, you can throw abuse at me but it will not be returned. 

Edited by Swistony

Why would you not want here what people think? How long have you been playing for my friend?

Also why isant this being taken seriously why not give it 2 wks see how the votes turn out. Business pay millions to here customer views good or bad.

Edited by Swistony

This what I call an intelligent advertising campaign.

Yes he "replaced the name of the game with gggg" but every link points to a Life is Feudal Forum...

This what I call an intelligent advertising campaign.

Yes he "replaced the name of the game with gggg" but every link points to a Life is Feudal Forum...

There was no need to put that my friend poor show.

It's hard to take these threads seriously since they are more often than not made by players who've played for 2-3 months who suddenly realized that Wurm Online is not the game they were looking for. Instead of starting to look for another game huge threads are laid out saying that the game sucks - Not talking fixes or tweaking, but really wanting to CHANGE the game into something else entirely. Why would the people who play Wurm Online want to change it into something entirely different because new players realized that this game doesn't suit them?

You've not provided anything solid, any form of suggestion as to how the game could be "fixed" in your OP which makes me think you don't even really know what you're looking for in a game.

You say that you've been playing the game on and off for 3 years, so here is a question for you:
- Do you stop playing everytime everytime you realize that the game is not what you're looking for?

I play this game because this is the game I want to play, and many are with me on this. That is why your threads, and other threads like this one, are not taken seriously.

• Like 10

Just let him keep digging his hole we will be rid of him soon enough. 

Why is this in the suggestion forum? I see no suggestions or ideas on how to fix the problems presented.