Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Champion points for conquering

It would be if the mine doors are reverted, as it is now there's no way to make pvp on the server, a group cant go walk up to a deed and try to make a fight because there's no where to fall back to and will imminently result in the attacked death as defender have mine hops, freedom to walk into any mines made, cannot set up little attack center deeds because kingdom domains make it impossible. Defenders also have dirt walls, long houses, and the ability to instantly respawn in local of a raid. And if one were to change the attacked deed to the capital, they can then suicide in alts with just enough skill to 1brick + 1mortar walls and make it impossible to breach a deed under any circumstances no matter how many people the raid group has. So, no pvp to be had, so increasing point on kills in a moot point. its also difficult for draining because of these same circumstances as well as many deeds drop their templars under the requisite number to even allow for champ points.

Rolf just scrap the point system completely, it's just ridiculous because there are work arounds, ways to starve points etc etc.

Make it so each kingdom has 3 champs, they have 1 life, if they die they lose it. Simple as that, there's only a limited amount of champs and it's an easy system.

• Like 8

As in, it take 10 days for a single point to decay?

Soo, say someone has max points aka 30.  

They're a Champion for 300 days, depending on if they die or not.  Lollll

Try to get 30 points by killing ppl without death ;-) it is not so easy.

Lose the point system entirely in my opinions.

Just have champs have limited lives and use the current system for dechamping them when they die instead of using points. The main problem in the past was the number of them anyways and we have limits now!

yeah and let offline/inactive ppl to keep limited Champion slots... nothing but reckless suggestion

Edited by vill

I'm for either Perma-death, or champs with one life and losing some skills. I don't really care, but the points system does seem to be dumb. 

• Like 3

Try to get 30 points by killing ppl without death ;-) it is not so easy.

yeah and let offline/inactive ppl to keep limited Champion slots... nothing but reckless suggestion

Doesn't seem to have been a problem?

Any JK champ slot hoggers? Any MR ones? Nope :P

Or just add in simple methods to remove champions like the king having an option or the dueling rings to have an option. Plus inactivity timer.

• Like 3

Make the smart changes first and then nerf champ tower/camp capping :P

More people standing on the dirthill QQing no one will fight them? GG...

I give a +1 to the idea for permadeath or losing skills with no x3 gain on 3rd death or so.

Honestly, I liked the 3 strikes you're out method, but I also think there's perhaps a better solution than simply bringing permadeath back.

If you die 3 times as a champ, you take the stats loss but don't suffer permadeath, but are never able to champ again on that toon.  Never again, ever.  Combined with limited "champ slots" per PMK/Kingdom might work combined with that and be a good balance.  The permadeath aspect is scary indeed and many people would avoid champing at all with permadeath, but there needs to be some sort of persistent/permanent drawback.  

I've always found the "points" system to be hideously complex for what it needs to be.  It should take work to get these significant buffs, but ask anyone who is/was a champ under the points system and they will tell you it's an ungodly amount of work that pretty much equates to being a fulltime job, and playing a game that feels like work wears thin very quickly.

Just my 2 bits anyways.  As someone who was a main champ for almost 4 years under the permadeath system, I would have never champed under the points system.  That being said, I never had any interest in pvp on my main.  Most people just don't have the time to sink into keeping it up.  Traversing 2 hours to pick up 1 point across a big map like Wild would get awfully old, awfully quick.

• Like 10

Oooh, an official topic on the subject.

I'll briefly summarise the points from the other long-running thread that I think work well for everyone;

Remove the point system.

Each kingdom can have 3 champions.

Champions have a limited number of lives before they are dechamped, losing stats/etc as they do now.

Ruler of kingdoms have a means to remove champions, to avoid them being abused or having the slots taken up by inactive players.

Champions can partake in pvp or just be used as caster alts as the kingdom sees fit - if the kingdom wants to waste their champs on casters and not fighters, their choice (and their loss, tbh).

I've probably missed some, but I'm too lazy to refresh myself by reading the whole thread again :P

• Like 3

The "no points" system seems attractive, but there's down sides to it since you can just stay on deed and keep on casting/crafting and never go to PvP.

10x sound a lot, would need to calculate the times you'd get from it etc.

This wouldn't be much of a problem if the player base was a lot bigger and you could just go out and try to catch people off deed. As it is now this needs to be looked at seriously and well thought thru.

• Like 1

Temporary change to 10x slower decay is fine as far as I am concerned.  Speaking of someone that used to have a champion in the old days, I do like that champions have to actually be involved in the pvp.  That being said.  When I came back after being gone, there was no way to maintain a champion that I could see and the loss of skills and characteristics beyond what is given with champ really sucks, beyond resetting skills like rolf did when he nixed champions the first time.   

As it stands, my current channeling is far better than becoming champ, getting bumped to 80 channeling and then losing it and being reset to 30 skill again.   Not sure if he fixed it, but kinda sucked losing the skill points I gained over 80 the first time.   

Anyway, I think it comes back to what to do to encourage pvp.   The 10x slower decay is fine for short term, but trying to get pvp happening has only taken the last 8 years, would it actually be temporary?  Should take away points though for inactivity in case someone just logs the champ and never logs back in.

^ my thoughts exactly. Hit the nail on the head right there. This whole system can be completely simplified and turned into something which adds a twist to PvP, honestly I miss champs as they were such wild cards back in the day.

Ps, weren't champs supposed to be acknowledged in the game at some point?   I know there used to be a list on the old forums, but I don't see anything like that nowadays.

Just give 3 lives and dechamp upon 3rd death (pvp deaths only count, same kingdom kills included to allow removal of unwanted chsmps if needed) stat loss upon dechamp stays same, penalties for not being involved in pvp for periods of time, similar to now but more extreme to discourage champs being used as enchanters

• Like 3

Would it be possible to have kings deliver the champion title and the number of champions being determined by the % of controlled land?   At that point, though not directly involved with pvp, the size of the kingdom which is determined by pvp would act to regulate champions.   Beyond that, having the king decide who is champion would take care of champions that disappear from the game.  The stat and skill loss would encourage the king to not dechamp someone, but the whole thing would be political, thus adding drama which isn't such a bad thing for a champ considering they are suppose to be leaders within their own right.   Forcing them to play politics both diplomatic and pvp would probably be enough of a challenge to maintain the champion title.

Rolf just scrap the point system completely, it's just ridiculous because there are work arounds, ways to starve points etc etc.

Make it so each kingdom has 3 champs, they have 1 life, if they die they lose it. Simple as that, there's only a limited amount of champs and it's an easy system.

This man has it. But PLEASE remove the restrictions on MR/JK for Vynora, Fo and Magranon champions.

Equally if PMK Kings could "appoint" players with the requirements to champion that would also be nice and mean PMK's in all corners of the map can get champion without needing to visit their respective light (BL PMK on chaos.)

• Like 4

Busy with work recently so this temporary 10x slower is handy :)

I agree with aamanus' system, the points are a very silly way to try keep active.

Yes.

Could we get mag champs in JK back too please?

In that case we would like Vyn and fo :)

10x decay and you dont need to be active. lol

Bring back the old casting champs yay! If you get three lives you are gonna have people sitting on deed casting never pvping.

That is why permadeath was taken out to begin with

• Like 1

10x decay and you dont need to be active. lol

Bring back the old casting champs yay! If you get three lives you are gonna have people sitting on deed casting never pvping.

That is why permadeath was taken out to begin with

' decay 10 times slower for now instead'

Its temporary until a more sufficient system is made.