Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Messages, Temperatures, Names, Movement Fixes

• Fishing poles are no longer replaced when the line snaps, losing their enchantments
  • 50 kg fish now has same ratio of weight loss as less weight
  • Stopping stealth action no longer locks the button
  • Flowers and ropes should start displaying properly in bulk containers
  • Artifact usage messages improved
  • A few poorly designed popup windows such as kingdom status should be easier to read now
  • Dragon scale armour now uses the proper icons
  • Enemy presence counter for enemies should no longer be reset when doing /stuck
  • Failing to light meditation path now gives a message indicating time until next available enlightenment if that’s what’s blocking
  • Creature name should now update properly when becoming diseased
  • Charcoal piles will now properly update damage while unlit
  • Diagonal cave walls were not blocking attacks in certain cases
  • Light tokens and camp fires will now burn out as intended
  • Some new movement for shy creatures trying to avoid players better
  • Path leader window now has an empty line after every level instead of after 10 names
  • Toggling climb while on a mount or vehicle will no longer enable the button
  • Boosted the spell Scorn of Libila
  • Getting hit by archery should now also trigger the 5 minute log-off timer, similar as melee PvP
  • Splitting liquids should transfer properties better
  • Weaponless fighting skill now modifies weaponless damage up to 3 times normal
  • Base damage for weaponless players increased
  • Armour equipped on kingdom guards will now have effect versus archery and normal attacks
  • Warmachines now hit the south and east fence/wall of a tile as well
  • Lamps on deeds are now lit a bit earlier in the evenings
  • Heated and lit lanterns no longer produce twice the light
  • Creatures will now be better blocked by mine doors (a bit too well at the moment maybe)
  • Lockpicking a door or gate with an unlocked lock will now properly lock the lock
  • Newly created street lamps should no longer become instacold
  • Alliance disband and control messages were move to the event window
  • Fixed more corpse name issues
  • There is now a message when your skills are saved by res stones

View the full article
  • Like 5

Massive number of bug fixes and general needed improvements here, well done!! :)

My faves:

• Path leader window now has an empty line after every level instead of after 10 names
  • Fishing poles are no longer replaced when the line snaps, losing their enchantments

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, November 27, 2012 - OT
Hidden by KaiH, November 27, 2012 - OT

Nice work. Please fix the PMK kingdom item bugs soon, they are the most expensive item in game.

• Armour equipped on kingdom guards will now have effect versus archery and normal attacks
  • Lamps on deeds are now lit a bit earlier in the evenings
  • Heated and lit lanterns no longer produce twice the light
  • Lockpicking a door or gate with an unlocked lock will now properly lock the lock
  • Newly created street lamps should no longer become instacold

Wow.. heck of a fix/update list.. favorites selected above lol

Great work on these!

there are some awesome long awaited changes in there, nicely done.

Fishing poles are no longer replaced when the line snaps, losing their enchantments

Seems to be bugged, it creates a shaft with the fishing rod icon, 100ql, 1,11kg. It keeps the enchants, but once you add a new line, it acts like a normal shafts. No enchants transfer and it uses only 1kg of that shaft.

Edited by Keldun

awesome, glad about the scale.. always wondered about the inventory picture :P

Lockpicking a door or gate with an unlocked lock will now properly lock the lock

Why? What we need is for doors to stay open when lockpicked, and any option to relock it removed. Now you can unlock a gate and it can't even be lockpicked: you move through and get stuck, or you lockpick it and achieve nothing.

THE ROCK HURLER INSIDE ME IS REJOICING! :D

Thanks Rolf! :)

• Like 1

THE ROCK HURLER INSIDE ME IS REJOICING! :D

Thanks Rolf! :)

Will also add a new threat for those using fences for protection (or those who just want to remove buildings).. now you only need to target 1 tile in place of two...

* Added damaged versions of all wall types, switch at 60dmg

Oh, wow! (In the art tab in client)

Nice job guys, you guys must work around the clock to fix so many bugs, always making Wurm a better game for us, thank you very much :D

Very nice all around, hard to single out any in particular as favs.

Fishing poles are no longer replaced when the line snaps, losing their enchantments

do we need to replace fishing/fine fishing line when it snaps?

do we need to replace fishing/fine fishing line when it snaps?

Yea, I really can't decipher the meaning of this statement. Seems to only way to really figure it out is to have your fishing pole break (?) or maybe the line only snaps now instead and then you just attach a new line to it? Also maybe it means the enchantments on the fishing pole remain when the line breaks and not the pole itself? Or maybe it means that since the poles are "no longer replaced", that only the line remains if it is snapped, meaning that it is actually the pole that snapped? Or maybe it means that if the line snaps that the pole remains but any enchantments that were on the pole are lost?

As I see it, it could be interpreted in any of the ways that I mentioned above (mayybe even more); but since I never fish anymore for years now, I will leave it up to the priests and poor newbies to figure this out. Good luck.

=Ayes=

Yea, I really can't decipher the meaning of this statement. Seems to only way to really figure it out is to have your fishing pole break (?) or maybe the line only snaps now instead and then you just attach a new line to it? Also maybe it means the enchantments on the fishing pole remain when the line breaks and not the pole itself? Or maybe it means that since the poles are "no longer replaced", that only the line remains if it is snapped, meaning that it is actually the pole that snapped? Or maybe it means that if the line snaps that the pole remains but any enchantments that were on the pole are lost?

As I see it, it could be interpreted in any of the ways that I mentioned above (mayybe even more); but since I never fish anymore for years now, I will leave it up to the priests and poor newbies to figure this out. Good luck.

=Ayes=

As always sometimes its in riddle form. ;)

Sign in to follow this