Sign in to follow this  
Lisimba

Mixed messages

10 minutes ago, Tor said:

So brave now all of sudden. I guess your sucking up to the special someone diddn't turned out well.

No sucking up, I sent two emails to krister about what had worked and hadn’t re:marketing.

I had confidence through knowing the team with the passion to work on Wurm was still in place and confident in the direction, like many others I believed kristers words.

it’s clear the words don’t mean anything and the people I did have confidence in left the team.

I know it takes some critical thinking, but how many brain cells does someone have to lack to think that people can’t change their minds about a situation because half the team bloody quit? 

Just now, Archaed said:

I know it takes some critical thinking, but how many brain cells does someone have to lack to think that people can’t change their minds about a situation because half the team bloody quit? 

The  exactly same ammount of brain cells  you would needed to stop calling people out for something you actually been activly and obviously doing the whole time.

So once there's no one to hold your hand and pull you up you change your mind and all of the sudden abandon your beliefs? That's more then just changing your mind and having different opnion, it's caled spineless

• Like 1

Mate I don’t think Wurm is in my frame of beliefs lmao 

5 minutes ago, Archaed said:

lmao 

Well said.

"There are no principles; there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior man espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them."(Talleyrand. The man who betrayed Bourbons, Directory, Napoleon, once again Bourbons)

Nice. Now that Krister is destroying Wurm from within the community seems to be trying to destroy it on the forums.

I'd expect better of you @Dao@Tor and @Archaed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Nice. Now that Krister is destroying Wurm from within the community seems to be trying to destroy it on the forums.

You must be new here. 

Discussing our lack of faith in the leadership that Krister has shown is a key point to all of this, the argument of "hey guys don't rock the boat because wurm is bad enough pls" doesnt help anyone or anything at all. 

I expected you to understand that and want to see positive change come, rather than hope it all blows over in some weird sense of "im not mad, I'm just disappointed" 

21 minutes ago, Archaed said:

You must be new here. 

Discussing our lack of faith in the leadership that Krister has shown is a key point to all of this, the argument of "hey guys don't rock the boat because wurm is bad enough pls" doesnt help anyone or anything at all. 

I expected you to understand that and want to see positive change come, rather than hope it all blows over in some weird sense of "im not mad, I'm just disappointed" 

No, there's discussion and then there's whatever the "discussion" you three have been having for the last page. That's not constructive in any way.

I have been around long enough to hear repeatedly "This will kill Wurm".. "Wurm is done".. "Might just as well quit paying premium since this is the end of Wurm".. Never once have I truly felt Wurm was nearing it's final breath. With all the staff "leaving" at once, and seeing @Krister's double speak posts I am starting to wonder if this might be the one time .. 

I am saying we can discuss the current situation, which I believe is really bad, but we don't need to resort to fighting amongst ourselves. You and I have not always seen eye to eye (rarely do) but that doesn't mean we both don't love Wurm and want it to continue. It also doesn't mean we need to act like children fighting because mommy did something we don't like. 

• Like 8

If you sort the Google Drive folder alphabetically, the messages wont be mixed anymore.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChampagneDragon said:

I've been trying for 15 years and Krister did it in a month. He's my hero.

• Like 1

Let's not beat around the bush if we look at his post we can all tell why people would leave or speak up and get fired its right below.

"End game content

In parallel with the development of the new player experience we will develop a way to track “quests”. I will need your help here, to make the ideas into reality. We will start a post with the outlines and collect your insights and share our work."

3 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

James Donovan : I have a mandate to serve you. Nobody else does. Quite frankly, everybody else has an interest in sending you to the electric chair.

Rudolf Abel : All right...

James Donovan : You don't seem alarmed.

Rudolf Abel : Would it help?

("Bridge of Spies" by Steven Spielberg)

If we hug, would it help?

Edited by Dao

I wonder how many more nothing burger posts we will get

Also @Kristerit's a yes to your question of someone else in your position interacting with wurm vs your bullying and gaslighting of the staff and players

You need to stop everything you are doing and spend however long it takes to find someone who can communicate and understand people properly as reading over all the posts you have made and the leaked staff chats(which can be found in a gdrive folder on emoos latest two videos) you behave like a cold uncaring bully.

I have had the displeasure of working for a boss like you before and the whole company threw a party when that boss "left" we had lost a lot of good employees and went from almost zero people leaving to having the highest turnover rate ever while he was around.

He just like you struggled to grasp people properly and would often give big speeches and write long emails that are full of air like a chip bag, reading all those replies and then seeing your responses it's as if you grabbed everything and threw it into chatgpt to get a response.

And any time you didn't sound like that you were trying to bully someone into silence again.

You want wurm to grow in income but your actions alienate not only your staff but also the community and will result in shrinking it.

No amount of quickly thrown together Webstore or ingame shop is worth the loss of all those staff, no amount of empty promises and nothing burgers will save your role at gcg or even gcg when wurm goes under and the only product that you have that keeps you afloat is gone.

You want growth but you are so focused on the "Swedish way" of doing things that you forget how that way goes and all you end up doing is hurting people and ignoring anyone telling you that the problem isn't other staff but you.

You keep saying that people are angry at other staff(you mentioned this three times in the leaked chats) yet no player or staff member is angry at any other staff member, they are angry at you for how you are handling every single thing you have done so far.

I know my post will most likely be ignored by you but in the off chance that someone who is responsible for you sees it, please give us someone who can work with an existing team without destroying it.

As right now not only is wurm's identity being destroyed, its staff team is as well and the will of players to play.

This will directly impact your profits and thus make it harder for the q4 goal of increasing income to make gcg be in the positive by increasing purchases of wurm silver.

You want growth then place the correct people in charge in the correct locations, I am sure that there is a spot for krister where he can shine but handling the wurm team and wurm is not one of them there should be someone in between him and the team, someone who can deal with the human factor while krister deals with the business factor

• Like 9

Well the fact people (forum mods?) are locking threads like Emoo's videos on what happened behind the scenes with staff leaving is even more insulting.

You think you can sweep these kinds of things under the rug? Think your playerbase that has an average age of around 35-40 won't find out? We're not teenagers playing Fortnite as someone mentioned. Word spreads. People do research. Players talk to each other. If not in Wurm or forums they will talk on discord, facebook, skype, whatsapp, whatever media you want.

Can't hide what happened.  As cliche as it sounds, the truth eventually comes to light and any attempt to suppress it will just do more damage. 

Either face it and discuss with the community but locking threads at this point just puts salt on the wound that is player confidence in the gutter right now. 

Personally my wallet atm is closed to Wurm until I actually see some huge positive changes to mend these wounds recently caused to the wurm community. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, elentari said:

Personally my wallet atm is closed to Wurm until I actually see some huge positive changes to mend these wounds recently caused to the wurm community. 

I feel the same, still got a lot of projects I want to finish but just can't find the motivation to do them anymore.

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Can't hide what happened.  As cliche as it sounds, the truth eventually comes to light and any attempt to suppress it will just do more damage.

καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει, καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

3 hours ago, wipeout said:

I am sure that there is a spot for krister where he can shine

nOHsVRS.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elentari said:

Well the fact people (forum mods?) are locking threads like Emoo's videos on what happened behind the scenes with staff leaving is even more insulting.

You think you can sweep these kinds of things under the rug? Think your playerbase that has an average age of around 35-40 won't find out? We're not teenagers playing Fortnite as someone mentioned. Word spreads. People do research. Players talk to each other. If not in Wurm or forums they will talk on discord, facebook, skype, whatsapp, whatever media you want.

Either face it and discuss with the community but locking threads at this point just puts salt on the wound that is player confidence in the gutter right now. 

That and they decided to throw take down requests against his videos

Which can be a channel killer and this happened with malice too, my last reply about this was deleted but emoo is doing journalism with his videos recording the workings of the slow death of wurm yet someone somewhere doesn't like it and is telling people to get rid of how bad things really are.

But to whichever staff is deleting this stuff and locking things please note your actions are only fanning the flames more, I get you might believe that limiting mentions of his videos might stop it from spreading but it has always had the opposite effect in every community to ever exist before and examples are not hard to find(we even named it The Streisand effect you should Google it) 

Trust me when I say the more you hide posts and lock topics and attack content creators and other vocal people the more you will piss everyone off.

Plus this goes against the whole transparency and feedback idea the ceo is requesting from us, all we are doing is discussing and sharing information that involves the current mess so that players can make an informed decision instead of being led on by nothing burgers and give more money for a few more months until suddenly they loose everything at the end of q4.

• Like 5

nvm, wipeout already said it.

Edited by TheTrickster

5 hours ago, wipeout said:

Even if the videos get taken down I have it on good authority several players have already saved those videos and files to various servers as backups to preserve wurm history / journalistic evidence. This is the internet guys...taking down a video on youtube means nothing. It's like that situation with Beyonce? That she wanted a photo deleted from the internet. Just made it worse and everyone shared it even more.  

Aye, I do believe the same that taking down vids is just adding more fuel for the fire at this point instead of finding a way to move forward in a positive and enlightened fashion. 

And the story about the Streissand effect is really funny if you read it. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, elentari said:

Even if the videos get taken down I have it on good authority several players have already saved those videos and files to various servers as backups to preserve wurm history / journalistic evidence. This is the internet guys...taking down a video on youtube means nothing. It's like that situation with Beyonce? That she wanted a photo deleted from the internet. Just made it worse and everyone shared it even more.  

Aye, I do believe the same that taking down vids is just adding more fuel for the fire at this point instead of finding a way to move forward in a positive and enlightened fashion. 

And the story about the Streissand effect is really funny if you read it. 

The Streisand effect is a prime example of this yes, right now its just emoo talking about it and risking his channel potentially but if this grows big enough you can see people like KiraTV picking it up and when that happens a lot more eyeballs will fall onto the game and at that point a ball will start rolling that gcg will never be able to stop anymore.

Like I want wurm to survive and grow but the way Krister is bullying staff and content creators it will just lead to a bigger loss of revenue to a point where they cant recover from it.
The other thing is Krister talks about wanting to hire more paid staff and increase staff wages at a time where the game is loosing money and why? Because he dam well knows who is the one that is draining money and making wurm look like its in the negative when infact wurm would be making enough to sustain itself, it just cant sustain a bad company as well next to it :(

• Like 1

I don't want to say anything negative about Krister at this point but I do want to point out my experience with management in general and it boils down to one sentence.

Bad managers are bad not necessarily because they make bad decisions (we all do that) but because they never take accountability for them.

All the managers I've work with with one singular exception have always deflected responsibility or shifted it towards their team or employees. "It's this guy's fault the project didn't make it on time!" - > Question : Weren't you supposed to manage this people and supervise the project in the first place? Well I guess we need to promote you and fire that employee. 

"I was given an unmotivated team with too few resources!" - > Question "Weren't you supposed to motivate your team and figure out what you can do with limited resources? Guess we need to fire the team or cut any of their bonuses so they get more motivated and give the money difference to you!". 

Issue is bad managers tend to be evaluated by other managers and they rarely if ever go after their own for fear their own (thin) skin will be judged as well. It's like having criminals police criminals, or politicians police other politicians and that can of worms is pretty evident how it works in the world. 

I hope Krister makes wise decisions but atm the community's faith is utterly shaken to the core and we need something really tangible to heal past this. Taking down Emoo's videos which in essence are gaming journalism is 100% the wrong move. The community has asked for transparency for years in one way or another and now transparency is the most needed. Censoring threads at this point will create more disenfranchised players who might create even more negative content on youtube or leave negative reviews on steam that might bring the total reviews to "mostly negative". And when that happens pretty much no one will try out a game with "mostly negative" reviews. Wurm is really teetering on a dangerous edge here and we need communication, transparency and soothing wounded spirits at this point.

What we don't need : Threats, abuse, censorship, bans, insults, wishful thinking. 

7 hours ago, wipeout said:

Which can be a channel killer and this happened with malice too, my last reply about this was deleted but emoo is doing journalism with his videos recording the workings of the slow death of wurm yet someone somewhere doesn't like it and is telling people to get rid of how bad things really are.

But to whichever staff is deleting this stuff and locking things please note your actions are only fanning the flames more, I get you might believe that limiting mentions of his videos might stop it from spreading but it has always had the opposite effect in every community to ever exist before and examples are not hard to find(we even named it The Streisand effect you should Google it) 

Trust me when I say the more you hide posts and lock topics and attack content creators and other vocal people the more you will piss everyone off.

Plus this goes against the whole transparency and feedback idea the ceo is requesting from us, all we are doing is discussing and sharing information that involves the current mess so that players can make an informed decision instead of being led on by nothing burgers and give more money for a few more months until suddenly they loose everything at the end of q4.

Personally I don't think taking down the videos here isn't that much of a problem. As mentioned by others, there are more places they are stored right now.

I also don't mind that the posts in that topic about those videos being "illegal" or not are removed. Because whether or not that's true; the discussion about that may have been what has triggered a forum mod or higher staff member to close the thread and remove all posts after Emoo's post of the new video. Simply because it was drawing a lot more attention to the videos - which is good - but it was in a negative way. Which isn't good.

What I do mind and that's something the Forum moderation team should take in mind; is that there's not a single explanation to why the stuff is removed.

There are two or three reasons why it could be removed and a simple post saying: 

1. "By request from Krister everything related to today's videos have been removed and the thread is now locked.

2. "This thread is turning in a "Yes / No" discussion which doesn't contribute to its original purpose. Therefore all posts from today are removed and the thread is locked."

3. "Because of the sensitive nature of the videos, it is decided to remove any posts made today as well as locking the thread to avoid further needless discussion."

So far, the only  time I saw that happening in the past 4-6 weeks, was when Demona closed the discussion thread about the new website.

And as far as I know, no-one has ever questioned that closure. Of course, we went on in another thread, but even there is wasn't discussed.

Another thing the forum - and discord staff - should keep in mind, is that when they close and / or remove something; to have the decency to inform the one if the removal is about content.

Emoo had to find out from others twice that his videos were removed. A simply PM informing him that the videos were removed and why, would've been a lot more transparent and a lot more friendly towards the community as well.

And more important, it would have kept things calm, instead of just adding more fuel to a fire that's already close to buring out of control.

So a request to any staff member, forum mod and discord mod reading this:

Please, when you close / remove / edit something, inform the community why you've done it.

We may not always agree with it, but at least we know the reason why it's done and we actually might understand that reason.

And that may make your job / life here easier too.

Thorin :)

1 hour ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Please, when you close / remove / edit something, inform the community why you've done it.

You can start right now and explain why the thread "The Financials For Game Chest Group" was removed. 🤣

Edited by Dao
  • Like 1