Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Discuss Epic plz

Your acting as if that can't be changed. What im proposing is a much bigger and promising concept that has proven it works time n time again. Its essentially Gang Warfare. You've seen it appear on evony, planetside 2, APB reloaded, Various rts games. Its proven its a promising concept, And im proposing to rolf is to turn epic into just that. All home servers into what elevation is, If the home server turns into a PMK, so be it, Its their choice, If people dislike that a new "gang" appeared in desertion, Do something about it. That's what epic is about isn't it? Encouraging players to PvP and get out their. 

The thing is having it like that is completely reversed to how any pvp game works.

You don't spawn next to someone and then go fight them far away from where you start.

Your base is never right next to the enemy base.

It makes 0 sense to have people start on elevation, the place with kingdom offices, white/black lights, artifacts, hota, and then require premium to go to servers that lack all of that and have caps on ore.

The thing is having it like that is completely reversed to how any pvp game works.

You don't spawn next to someone and then go fight them far away from where you start.

Your base is never right next to the enemy base.

It makes 0 sense to have people start on elevation, the place with kingdom offices, white/black lights, artifacts, hota, and then require premium to go to servers that lack all of that and have caps on ore.

Again, Your going off the current set of rules/limitations. 

Now, Ofcourse you don't spawn next to someones base, However that shouldn't & doesn't mean your home should be invincible. Aswell it doesn't mean that rolf can't add a new option to allow the players to spawn at someone's deed or anywhere really. If a kingdom falls and crumbles to dust so be it, another will take its place. THATS how the game works, Im pretty sure where KoS was in the SW corner is now MR or BL territory, The same will happen to the home servers. 

Now, Regarding elevation, It would be quite silly to leave everything on ele and make it f2p. That's why he should change the home servers to PREM only, Adjust them accordingly to give incentive to the people to go their & try and take the land. Which, Again, leads back to warfare or gang warfare, However you wanna put it really.

Now, if you're just gonna reply "TEH CAP ON ORE THO!!!!" or something stupid regarding the current limitations, Don't bother. I will reply with the same thing i just said in the past two posts, Your going off the current limitations, acting as if it can't be altered/changed/adjusted.

Now, Regarding elevation, It would be quite silly to leave everything on ele and make it f2p. That's why he should change the home servers to PREM only, Adjust them accordingly to give incentive to the people to go their & try and take the land. Which, Again, leads back to warfare or gang warfare, However you wanna put it really.

That is one of the worst things I've read in this topic. Please don't turn Elevation into Chaos. We don't need alts, thanks.

• Like 2

Closing servers can be forgotten right away, Rolf aint giving any silver coins of your deeds, traders and whatever.

Discuss Epic plz

I will play the game no matter what happens.

I have been playing wurm on the epic cluster for close to three years. I have invested more time in this game than any other game.

I enjoy the game because it:

·         enables me to use artistic skills to develop deeds

·         enables me to build relationship with others

·         enables me to have a non-destructive hobby

Much of the aspects of skill gain I do not fuss about and take it as is and learn a play style around it.

I chalk it up to a grinding game.

In a previous post I have suggested the “one server to rule them all†concept: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/104003-one-epic-server-to-rule-them-all/

Watkins had the same idea:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/116481-new-epic/#entry1190413

I do not know how to deal with the current player base with home servers and PVP across CHAOS and EPIC clusters. I imagine that by deleting any home server or resetting skills it is going to make someone upset and qq. Still, this is a discussion about EPIC cluster not CHAOS or FREEDOM island

If you are going to delete home servers or reset skills then i expect a reimbursement of the silver for deed creation and replace merchant and trader contracts into my account

However, there are some aspect that would make it more attractive for me and willing to change.

·         One server for PVP.

o   Encourages PMKs

o   Central continent like cauldron with HOTA in center is EPIC with surrounding island as “home servers†that allow new players to “get on their feet†and allow for “strong holdsâ€

·         Epic skill gain is perfect

o   Do not reset player skills

o   If home servers stay possibly implement a skill cap

·         Token drainage system is horrible.

o   Whenever my token has been drained it is because no one was online. With a globalized game some US players are not going to be on as EU players causing a breech in defense and draining

o   When draining a token do not drain coin but some other third party items such as:

§  Dragon bones for chance of rare

§  Gems for vessel

·         Valrei system that is more intact and balance

o   Go through current code and remove unobtainable goals such as “make 1000 cogsâ€

§  Obtainable goals increase player participation and community

·         Create Dual War: Black Vs. Light

o   It is difficult to assess Light Vs Light (JK Vs MR) Vs Black (BL). If players want opposing kingdom making PMKs would allow light siders or dark siders to go to war with each other

Edited by IloveWurm

That is one of the worst things I've read in this topic. Please don't turn Elevation into Chaos. We don't need alts, thanks.

Well iv read most of these suggestions, All of them say rework that, Delete this, Merge this. none of them get rid of the issue at hand(A few do, but most dont). 

Epic is dieing. Some say advertise, some say fix the client, some say merge one mega map, some say remove the home servers, it just goes on n on.

Why not, instead of judging the idea Capi, Find a good resolve, Do something you know, useful, rather than add onto the 13 current pages of people shooting each idea down because 10 people dislike a idea that may, or may not work. 

Edited by akaedis

Well iv read most of these suggestions, All of them say rework that, Delete this, Merge this. none of them get rid of the issue at hand(A few do, but most dont). 

Epic is dieing. Some say advertise, some say fix the client, some say merge one mega map, some say remove the home servers, it just goes on n on.

Why not, instead of judging the idea Capi, Find a good resolve, Do something you know, useful, rather than add onto the 13 current pages of people shooting each idea down because 10 people dislike a idea that may, or may not work.

Sme found some good words for this:

problem is Ame, if we don't voice our concerns about other peoples ideas, rolf usually implements an idea that only one person thought was good and everyone else hated

Epic is dieing. 

It is not dying, it always is low pop during winter, and as clearly evident as winter starts ending, the population skyrockets again

• Like 2

Sme found some good words for this:

"problem is Ame, if we don't voice our concerns about other peoples ideas, rolf usually implements an idea that only one person thought was good and everyone else hated"

Did i not just say rather than shooting down idea's, Help find a resolve? Or did i start typing in french or something?

It is not dying, it always is low pop during winter, and as clearly evident as winter starts ending, the population skyrockets again

Well that's a given, However, Considering rolf is asking us to discuss/suggest stuff for epic, Clearly something is wrong. So therefor, It is "Dying" or "In-Trouble", whatever word you want to use, its hit a point where rolf is asking for help.

It seems like trouble because people like to complain.  Yes there are issues, but we are talking about things like performance issues driving people away from pvp, player driven stagnation, pvp nerfs such as archery (which can prevent people getting kills/pvp), and so forth.  Nothing to do with dying, or needing map resets or anything like that. 

• Like 1

It seems like trouble because people like to complain.  Yes there are issues, but we are talking about things like performance issues driving people away from pvp, player driven stagnation, pvp nerfs such as archery (which can prevent people getting kills/pvp), and so forth.  Nothing to do with dying, or needing map resets or anything like that. 

Gary,

ive never felt like quitting due to performance. Im not too sure that the archery was a point of contention for me either. At least, not enough to drive me away.

I agree that stagnation is a cause but what one calls stagnation the other calls happy. There are some on JK that merely want to play on EPIC because they like the community and they have an option to PVP when they feel like it. They can still be 'support' for larger deeds by creating locks, boats, breeding horses, etc.

Not everyone on the EPIC cluster has to participate in HOTA or RAIDS in order to participate in PVP. logistics and supplies are as important to defense and offense as front line soldiers. People who create and improve armor and weapons are just as important as those who use them.

• Like 2

Maybe make 1 of the epic islands a non full lute[i.E Items there carrying] and no skill lose would help attract the non pvp,s to those servers.

Maybe make 1 of the epic islands a non full lute[i.E Items there carrying] and no skill lose would help attract the non pvp,s to those servers.

The aim is not to get more things not pvp, more pvers doesn't help "fix" a pvp cluster.  There is also no fair way to implement something like that with epic's design

Again, Your going off the current set of rules/limitations. 

Now, Ofcourse you don't spawn next to someones base, However that shouldn't & doesn't mean your home should be invincible. Aswell it doesn't mean that rolf can't add a new option to allow the players to spawn at someone's deed or anywhere really. If a kingdom falls and crumbles to dust so be it, another will take its place. THATS how the game works, Im pretty sure where KoS was in the SW corner is now MR or BL territory, The same will happen to the home servers. 

Now, if you're just gonna reply "TEH CAP ON ORE THO!!!!" or something stupid regarding the current limitations, Don't bother. I will reply with the same thing i just said in the past two posts, Your going off the current limitations, acting as if it can't be altered/changed/adjusted.

First of all, people don't need any incentives to play on the home servers, they need incentives to play on elevation.

Even if elevation was exactly the same as the home servers, no ore cap, no artifacts, offices, hota, etc, It still makes no sense.

Even if the home servers each had all the benefits elevation had, and elevation had an ore cap, that would make no sense.

Making 3 copies of elevation is not going to increase pvp, it would spread people out and decrease it.

You missed the point on spawning next to someones base.

That is what you are doing simply by playing on elevation.

A couple minutes ride and you are going to be in enemy territory.

Why should new players start right next to enemy kingdoms.

The same thing applies to home servers, how does making them require premium and allowing them to be taken over do anything to help pvp, they are the areas farthest away from enemy kingdoms.

First of all, people don't need any incentives to play on the home servers, they need incentives to play on elevation.

Even if elevation was exactly the same as the home servers, no ore cap, no artifacts, offices, hota, etc, It still makes no sense.

Even if the home servers each had all the benefits elevation had, and elevation had an ore cap, that would make no sense.

Making 3 copies of elevation is not going to increase pvp, it would spread people out and decrease it.

That is what you are doing simply by playing on elevation.

A couple minutes ride and you are going to be in enemy territory.

Why should new players start right next to enemy kingdoms.

The same thing applies to home servers, how does making them require premium and allowing them to be taken over do anything to help pvp, they are the areas farthest away from enemy kingdoms.

Valid point that premium requirements to be active in PVP on elevation. 

I would say amber brings up a great point though. There could be a little more reason to pvp, on home servers especially. Say, each tab you're on you get another scenario ticket? Something like that maybe.

Out of everything I Just read this is the best idea.

IF you want to incentivize PvP, and make more content accessible, this just takes the cake.

Make if based on premium players to count for the ticket, if you are worried about alt abuse. If someone spams enough premium alts, they are funding bridges so I don't mind.

First of all, people don't need any incentives to play on the home servers, they need incentives to play on elevation. -Are you that oblivious? Ofcourse people need an incentive/reason to play anywhere, Why do you think people went to xanadu? Wasn't because of "oh a new server!"(Ok, Well partly this) Its because theirs something there that they want/wanted. Why do you think people in epic went to epic? Why not chaos/wild? Its because they had a reason to go there.

Even if elevation was exactly the same as the home servers, no ore cap, no artifacts, offices, hota, etc, It still makes no sense.-It makes plenty of sense, I don't understand how your at this blockade of it makes no sense, If we could raid home servers, and take control of it for a PMK, And bring the artifacts with us to take control of whatever the resource that's their, Much will happen there, Think people would just leave the home servers alone and call it even? Hell no.

Even if the home servers each had all the benefits elevation had, and elevation had an ore cap, that would make no sense. -Again, Your going off the current limitations, Please, For the sake of this discussion, Ditch the dam limitations that are currently in-place.

Making 3 copies of elevation is not going to increase pvp, it would spread people out and decrease it. -Sigh, Your thinking that if they went prem everyones just gonna pack up there hard work and massive deeds & fancy ###### just to go to a f2p/prem server? Or vice versa? Please, Just stop, This is getting ridiculous.

That is what you are doing simply by playing on elevation. -No, Not really no, Elevation isnt a 2x2 map where you walk out your front door or go 200 tiles north you'l hit an enemy deed. Atleast when i played anyways it wasn't. (about 13/14 months ago) You can roam on elevation, Its not like if you leave the front door of your deed you'l find an enemy waiting for you. MR & JK Showed this very well with there strongholds. Even if you pop there local, Are they gonna chase you? No, Probably not, Not unless they got backup/ready to go in-case its a bait, Or just a strong character ready, Overall its not worth it if their just on the border of your territory, Specially if you live/friendly deed close-by. 

A couple minutes ride and you are going to be in enemy territory. -Go in the wrong direction, Sure, You'l probably venture into enemy territory more times than you can count. This is inevitable, Its a PvP Server/Cluster, Do you REALLY think its supposed to be carebear central in certain areas? Really. If someone dies in PvP, They will learn, However i think the re-make your stuff cycle needs a re-work, but regardless, If you die in PvP for making a bad move, thats just what happens in PvP.

Why should new players start right next to enemy kingdoms. -Except your not? I don't understand this all to much other then i think your hinting at the use of alts, Which in that case im just gonna tell you, why the hell would a alt be useful if all the good ###### is on another server? Its super useful to have an alt somewhere that tells you hey, Theirs enemys on the central server! Cause we TOTALLY didn't already know this! Great intell! Good job! /Sarcasm

The same thing applies to home servers, how does making them require premium and allowing them to be taken over do anything to help pvp, they are the areas farthest away from enemy kingdoms. -See, Theres a logical statement, But again, Iv said, Give a reason for people to go there and they will, They always will. Show someone something shiny they will be amused for awhile, Show someone something amazing that they greatly desire and they will fight like hell for it. When i was in MR, We went to JKH, Did the distance deter us from going there? No, Not really, What did tho, Was that god dam CR Nerf.

Anyways, I think iv made my point clear to you. 

Edited by akaedis

We need everyone on the same island and if not island than server. move affliction 200 tiles north desertion 200 east and serenity 200 west. Remove the server border and put them o the same server. Homeserver cowards still get their island to live on. And the pvpers get no more /who abuse no more CR nerf. And the ability to make deeds and towers on the enemy kingdoms island.

Let the kingdom defend itsself this is a sandbox and you dont need a mechanic inplace that hurts pvp anymore epic is years old.

No map reset required no skill reset required. Brings that spark back to epic.

• Like 3

We need everyone on the same island and if not island than server. move affliction 200 tiles north desertion 200 east and serenity 200 west. Remove the server border and put them o the same server. Homeserver cowards still get their island to live on. And the pvpers get no more /who abuse no more CR nerf. And the ability to make deeds and towers on the enemy kingdoms island.

Let the kingdom defend itsself this is a sandbox and you dont need a mechanic inplace that hurts pvp anymore epic is years old.

No map reset required no skill reset required. Brings that spark back to epic.

• Like 2

why do you assume everyone who lives on homeservers is a coward. Or that they need the CR nerf to defend themselves? why do you think putting people who don't want to pvp onto a pvp server would make them all of a sudden want to pvp?

He didn't use the kindest of words, But his point still stands fairly well. Why is their such a carebear mentality for players who stay on home servers, Why should it be any different than elevation kingdom set up?

Edited by Taltos
  • Like 1

Instead of trying to move players to a style they don't want to play, we should concentrate on getting more players. That's the underlying issue the pvpers keep saying. Sandbox games are all the rage now. Yet nobody i speak to has ever heard of wurm.

• Like 1

C LET'S SHARE SOME NEWS Let active players know when the weekly arrive, use the Event tab once a week for it, as already used for when a serious bug suddenly appear. Time to use this to something positive and entice more players to become aware of the forums with a weekly reminder on current and upcoming updates.

D IN-GAME SURVEY Give away 1 to 2 free sleep powder for an in-game survey once to each player that have played 30 days or more or created the account before a certain time etc. Don't be afraid making it a 4, 5 or longer survey, make it optional. Learn about Your current player base in detail and use that increased knowledge like other companies do.

E Do not change skill rate on any of the established clusters, the 2 different skill timers are part of what help make Wurm unique and interesting. Not everything need to be changed to improve a game.

EPIC WURM IMPROVEMENTS mainly from a home server perspective (never played Challenge, Freedom or Chaos so I'll refrain from suggesting on those though some suggestions might work there too)

1 UPDATE PRICES ON TRADERS It's about time the prices got an overhaul after we've seen some changes to how traders work and how we acquire Sleeping Powders by buying premium time etc.

A: Sleeping Powders: Adjust the trader price to fit in with how much players pay other players for Sleeping Powders after it was introduced that buying premium time through the Wurm shop now include 1 per month purchased. 5 silver is too much now, 2 silver or around there is 0,5 - 1 silver above the price player to player price on Epic and seem to have settled there, yet will be low enough for players that need an urgent Sleeping Powder or 3 to think about buying from Traders again.

B: Trader Contract: Change Trader Contracts to Barterer Contracts, let them work the excact same way as Trader Contracts with a few exceptions. No ratio on Barterer Contracts and no possible way to earn silver on a Barterer and price dropped to 20 - 25 silver. A Barterer is an enticement to a deed and   community to offer additional services such as the Traders were supposed to work. A Barterer can be dismissed the same way as a Merchant, by the player that placed the Barterer. Barterers will sell 40- 50  quality armor, leather to plate, and iron weapons, which for a new player is a very good quality armor to help new individual players and new player communities to an easier start in Epic Wurm. Armor and weapon's on Barterer's can not be improved and the price should reflect that so it mainly will be for new or returning players.

C: REDUCE THE COST OF RESURRECTION STONES to 2 - 3 silver, a lot of players have a limited budget and play time, we have already seen portals directly to Elevation.

2 KEEP CURRENT TRADERS purchased by players in the past as Traders, let them work the way they currently work but further Traders can not be purchased, only Barterers.

3 CHANGE SPIRIT TEMPLAR PRICES so freedom and epic pay the same for templars. Maybe a different maximum limit is needed for Epic deed's instead as to prevent spoiling it for raiders. As a new player unsure where to start, Freedom or Epic, atleast give those new players an equal chance financial to make up their mind.

4 IMPROVE VALREI so Epic players straight from the beginning learn that it is an vital part of Epic.  Make the Mission Progress bar visible at all times. Repair, fix, improve the current mission structure, do what   ever it takes. We currently have 1 black-light kingdom and 2 white-light, why? Let's have red, purple and blue light kingdoms instead to follow the current banner and tabard colors. Give each kingdom their own light on Elevation to convert to priests. Get rid of either Fo or Vynora on Valrei as an active JK mission structure and instead let the leftover Deity(or maybe a neutral deity instead) have missions on Elevation only. Those missions can be completed by any kingdom and the kingdom completing the mission get the benefit from it.

6 CHANGE KINGDOMS Make it harder to change , longer times between possibility of converting to another kingdom, all players from from the same e-mail address or IP address to automatically transfer over too, not sure how to be honest, but the issue about enemy alts have always been too big a part of Epic Wurm and will continue to be so, even for new players that just happens to have created a player name by pure coincidence that somehow remind older players of another player from an enemy kingdom.

7 As already seen many many others have had plenty other and\or similar solutions, use that feedback please.

-1 to all these ideas.

B. why not just add armors to the current traders. but anyway you can buy from other players and their merchants.

C. res stones. lol no pay to win pls. same with powders.

Need a down vote button. so many bad ideas in this whole thread.

And no Epic is not dying. Its just not growing like it should.

Edited by Omar
  • Like 1

Obviously they like that style of play. Not everyone like to pvps constantly, but likes to have that element of danger. Makes skills and defenses matter that do not on freedumb.

A post before, you went to bat for the "carebears" on the homeservers. Now you're throwing around terms like "freedumb".

Referring to a cluster of players as "dumb" is exactly what I expect from a game representative titled "Community Assistant".  :rolleyes:

That was a typo which i fixed now. thank you

Edited by Taltos