Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Smelting Furnace

45 minutes later bump

also it should produce ash up to the forge QL  :ph34r:

Come to think of it... lava tiles utilized in some manner? Perhaps needing such a tile for a structure built around or on?

As long as it can ONLY take ore, and cant be used for smithing, and cant have lumps put back in after they're smelted.

I would build one, for sure

+1 for larger smelting forge, but only ore/lumps should be able to fit in it.  If not then normal forges would be pointless.

Lava fiends still work as mobile forges? Or am I thinking of another game... might have been Ultima Online now that I think on it.

Yup it was another game. Also remembered I had made a suggestion once regarding lava fiends being used as mobile forges.

Was wondering if that could be utilized in some manner: stone housing + lava fiend or whatever

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

+1

Would have been really nice if it could simply smelt everything you throw into it, with only like 0.8x-0.9x ql outcome or less so it doesn't steal smelting pot's job.

So, what if that Smelting Forge acted like a Large Crate in its storage? Can store 300 Ore, as an 'Item Count' rather then individual items that limits it to 100. It would be much harder to build, likely 70 masonry (like a large crate) and due to how it would be stored, that would automatically make it useless for use in Forging/Imping. Only in Smelting. When its Lit, all Ores thrown in it are given a Timer. (Any adition of ore resets the time) ...once the time has run through (depending on the QL), all Ores turn into Lumps. 

I think the question is not how it could be done but when they finally will do it :)

14 pages, 272 posts, first post 11 January 2014.

I think the question is not how it could be done but when they finally will do it :)

If they ever will

Why is this not in game yet? I just don't understand it. Smelting furnace going to be the next bridges?

BTW, this was on page 4 guys. We slacking.