Sign in to follow this  
Telvanni

Quest: Discover Seryll's Properties

As the title says..... and go.

Please post any(if at all) findings here so we can all get a grasp on what this strange new material is and what it can do.

Thanks.

Discoveries:

Thank you Lokitia for the first bit of info:

Per Rolf in #wurm:

<Rolf> it's very durable when it comes to enchanting<Rolf> so it doesn't break often<Rolf> when you try to enchant it
To go along with that, Cecci stated in another topic:

Rolf said enchants wear off slower on this metal (at least that is how I understood him in the irc)
From the email:

The Legacy Bonus consists of items mainly Seryll bars which can be used to improve and create items with low chance to be destroyed by enchantments. If you had a lot of premium time stacked up you may also receive random medium quality armour parts created from Seryll. The metal can only be found on the moon Seris and will not be found naturally in Wurm.
Additionally I have been hearing from village mates and on the forums that you seem to be able to use this to make almost every item you can with iron. Items created can only be imped with a Seryll lump of higher ql, same as all other metal items. From what I can tell the best use for this metal is for skiller tools so the CoC doesn't degrade as fast.

Rumored that it takes damage similar to Ada or steel - Unconfirmed.

Edited by Telvanni

Seryll - this reddish metal is believed to exist naturally only on Seris, and be delivered here by envoys from the gods. Looks like chain atm.

I have a plate helm that was on of the gifts that has a ? as the icon on the improvement bar thing so i am guessing it is made from Seryll too but idk for sure.

Ive made a boatload of high ql weps out of it, im interested to hear if thier any better than iron ones (im too lazy to test it all myself haha)

Per Rolf in #wurm:

<Rolf> it's very durable when it comes to enchanting
<Rolf> so it doesn't break often
<Rolf> when you try to enchant it

I got a plate gauntlet, which I assume is made from Seryll judging by the ? on the improve section. Equipping it, it looks exactly the same as steel plate.

People are saying it's similar in strength to Adamantine.

Edit: will be neat if they add red glow to the helmets ;)

Edited by Brunwulf

Would be nice to see the the helm match up with scale sets

• Like 1

Can I build a bridge up to the moon when I run out of Seryll ?

The Future Bonus starts today, and the awards are Titles, Achievements and Illusion potions. The Illusion potions increase in quality the longer you have been premium (and hence time that the illusion lasts). This increase in quality maxes out at 6 months. You will receive gifts automatically once per month.

So does this mean that all the Seryll that exists now from the legacy items is all there will ever be?

• Like 1

The Future Bonus starts today, and the awards are Titles, Achievements and Illusion potions. The Illusion potions increase in quality the longer you have been premium (and hence time that the illusion lasts). This increase in quality maxes out at 6 months. You will receive gifts automatically once per month.

So does this mean that all the Seryll that exists now from the legacy items is all there will ever be?

I kinda get the feeling a lump each month will be given (and probably a yellow potion to) to the account that has premium acitve (because the lumps and potions seem to be the standard gift).

I have a vision of the future. All the best skilling tools made from here on out will be made from Seryll so the CoC degrades slower.

Just imagine, Seryll skiller pickaxes, shovels, and hatchets as far as the eye can see.

Edited by Telvanni

Verrrry interesting... We shall see how it all pans out. Nice to see this thread where knowledge can be accumulated.

=Ayes=

Used mine to make some items, seems to have had the same list as steel.  Made some armor, sword, knife, and shovel.  Could only imp the items with the lump. not iron or steel.

SPECIAL NOTE:  Also got some armors with ? in the imp column.  Seems I can only imp those items with the Seryll lump (could not imp with iron or steel also).  Too bad I wasted all my lumps now.

The armor and lump is for longtime members and future members will not be getting any lump.

The new gifts per month will only be titles,achievements and potions.

Edited by Brunwulf

The armor and lump is for longtime members and future members will not be getting any lump.

source?

Premium for 1 year and 3+ months and i just got 2 lump gloves a firework and egg that's it .. i guess its kinda random lol

• Like 2

Got 2 lumps, egg , fireworks, potion and chain jacket.

Think I will hold onto the high QL lumps , instead of selling off for low prices.

Premium for 1 year and 3+ months and i just got 2 lump gloves a firework and egg that's it .. i guess its kinda random lol

Nope it's based off of consecutive Prem, have there ever been times where you let your prem expire for a day or two?

imping a seryll pick atm, will report back with ql and enchants that are put on it. Over the course of using it to surface mine, ill compare it to an iron pick of similar enchant and ql

• Like 1

Well seryll is made up afaik. There is beryl; though, possibly not related.