Sign in to follow this  
Versai

Personal Goal "climb Up A Mountain"

Does anyone else have this goal or know how to do it? The description on hovering just says "Mountain goat"... It's a silver difficulty goal.

I do a lot of climbing quite regularly and am a little surprised I haven't gotten this. I wonder what the requirement is? Is it a certain distance climbing consistently that you'd need a spell or wine for or something? Is it an actual height on the server that you need to turn climbing on at? Is it just a flat distance of climbing that you need to accrue over time?

I think the personal goals and achievements in general need to have more details and specifics. Sometimes I randomly earn an achievement and I go look it up to see what I did and the description is so vague that it's meaningless and it doesn't feel like an achievement at all.

Anyway if anyone has any information on this; greatly appreciated.

Edited by Versai

You can get mountain goat achievement while riding a horse(saw on a scar of magranon freedom vid)

So it doesn't have to be from climbing, I think maybe you need to get to a very high altitude.

Maybe it's not possible on Epic because of the smaller map size?  The mountains etc. themselves are much smaller than Freedom/Wild terrain, so maybe any natural terrain on Epic is too low?

Maybe. We recently went to the highest peak on the server to get Ghoulio his spell. I didn't think to jump off the horse and climb around but if it's supposed to work even on a horse then it can't work on Elevation ironically.

• Like 1

I have the achievement on epic.

Done tons of climbing, top of purgatory, red dragon mountain, dsc, some if the pillars on the steppe, doomspires and nightspire on jkh, sw, nw and northern mountain on mrh, and the central mountain on affliction.

I dont have any clue when i got it, bit it is possible.

I used wine/sandwiches/wine in a lot of the harder climbs.

Notch designed his maps to be more mountainous with crazy upward slopes (Indy and Chaos). If you ever went to Independence and saw Dragonfang, you would see what I'm talking about.

but he did :P

No, he didn't.  He made the Chaos and JKH maps, but had left and was busy with minecraft when Indy was made.

• Like 1

He made those maps which were a lot more fun.

I have got this achievement on several alts. You will receive the achievement if you climb up to the highest point of a mountain.

Edited by Sklo:D

I do a lot of climbing quite regularly and am a little surprised I haven't gotten this. I wonder what the requirement is?

It's just a matter of height. There is another achievement/personal goal called "On the way to the moon" (Climb up a really really high mountain) which i am pretty sure can only be achieved by reaching the top of the dragon spire on Independence.

You can get mountain goat achievement while riding a horse(saw on a scar of magranon freedom vid)

So it doesn't have to be from climbing, I think maybe you need to get to a very high altitude.

yep i got that riding the scar. The thing is --- I've spent the last 2 months on the side of mountains climbing and didn't get it, so i'd say its the continuous climb up opposed to how much you have been climbing or how high you need to get. 

Go even higher up than the "Went up a Hill" achievement.

Yup, it looks like the duration of the climb.

Take a horse trip to the Scar and you get it, there was another one I got on that video too. 

Rider of the Apocalypse

Travel a long distance on horse.

Edited by Milosanx