Sign in to follow this  
BibiWaffles

So Sb Given For Down Time.. What About Those That Had Full Sb

Dont stack on sleep bonus... Especially not when its announced on the news, thats just dumb if u ask me.

Did you actually read the OP?

They started by making some thanks for the SB and asking quite politely for consideration for those people who already had full SB. I really don't see why that warrants your response telling them to "logoff the forum, logoff wurm, and NEVER come back."

Because the suggestion has been up here before, and not just once. If you had full sleepbonus, your loss, then you gain nothing.. like I said *You don't deserve anything for a crash*, its just a nice gift from the DEVS after the server crashed by a software or hardware error. If you have sleepbonus, 5 hours of it, that simply means you don't care enough to use it on a regular basis and then you risk *losing* a 5h SB you were not supposed to get anyway.

• Like 3

i think what should be done is to have a 7 hour sleep bonus cap but you can only get 5 hours by using a bed/using sleep powder and over 5 will be filled by compensation and of course the extra 2 would be used first

example you have 2h, get 5h compensation you have 7

you have 4 hours, get 5h compensation you have 7

this would stop people whining about missing out on sleep bonus for not using their sleep bonus and everyones happy

the first 5 hours could be called natural sleep bonus and the extra 2 hours divine sleep bonus granted by the gods

• Like 1

Was requested in the past that a warning or notice be given as to when SB would be provided for such instances....THIS time there was 2 days warning and still are complainers

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/83542-downtime-issues-have-been-resolved/

Face it...OP was nice. some others have not been...but, it is always a case of 'never enough' no matter what one does. I vote NO more free SB EVER. 

• Like 1

Sandyar as a reply to you because i forgot to add quote

And what about those that play a lot, don't get much SB, and thus save what they do have for a big grind they want to do...

If someone plays a lot then they wouldn't need SB. It takes 120 hours of sleep to get 5 hours of SB, and you can definitely gain more skill with 120 hours without it then you can with 5 hours of it.

Every time we get SB for a shutdown, we get someone that starts this same whining thread.  No, you aren't going to get powders.  Too bad you already had 5 hours SB, next time it will be someone else that gets shorted because they were full.  It is given out as a gesture of goodwill by the Rolf and none of use should EVER try to tell him how to award it.  And if I see one more thread like this even I will start demanding that Rolf drop the entire SB as compensation, because none of you can appreciate a gift, you seem to think you have the right to make demands about the gift.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 2

I learned my lesson once so now I try and keep all my characters around 1-2 hours sleep bonus :D

There are valid arguments both days and since they through in premium compensation you can't argue they are unfair. This is how they have chosen to handle it, you are welcome for their generosity as most games don't do this.

That doesn't mean I'm against receiving sleep powders though devs! :P

So +1 to getting sleep powders instead. Or +1 to getting like a weeks notice before the compensation is given.

And +10 for the compensation in general. Thanks devs! (My phone keeps auto correcting devs to devas lol)

Every time we get SB for a shutdown, we get someone that starts this same whining thread.  No, you aren't going to get powders.  Too bad you already had 5 hours SB, next time it will be someone else that gets shorted because they were full.  It is given out as a gesture of goodwill by the Rolf and none of use should EVER try to tell him how to award it.  And if I see one more thread like this even I will start demanding that Rolf drop the entire SB as compensation, because none of you can appreciate a gift, you seem to think you have the right to make demands about the gift.

I am not whining, I thanked the Devs, i was merely just saying that some notice of this happening,  (and NOT in some brand new forum thread that has suddenly appeared on the site) would have been nice, hey even a notice on the launcher you know, for those that don't go "oohh forums must read 200 times a day" would of been a nice idea.

However i do give a thumbs up for not having to check tumblr, Facebook, twitter, forums and every other god damned social networking site for some update they place randomly and welcome the new forum thread.

And for Weapon Smiths, trust me you save that SB and ill be damned if i find one that doesn't! 

Oh and where did i demand anything, I SUGGESTED something. 

Edited by BibiWaffles

Yeah, that's a good idea. Non-tradeable sleep powder, but you only get awarded it if you attempt to login when the servers are down.

This SB could not have come at a better time for me, I'd burned though all mine and was out in the boondocks, clearning land at a new settlement. No access to beds and it looks like I won't have it setup for a day or two. My point is, that it's swings and roundabouts, perhaps next time you'll be in my poisition and I'll be in the OPs, difference is, I will curse my "luck" and carry on, not start a /rant thread.

+1 Devs. Very generous.

• Like 1

advance notice WAS on the launcher also...3 days ago..

• Like 1

I am not whining, I thanked the Devs, i was merely just saying that some notice of this happening,  (and NOT in some brand new forum thread that has suddenly appeared on the site) would have been nice, hey even a notice on the launcher you know, for those that don't go "oohh forums must read 200 times a day" would of been a nice idea.

However i do give a thumbs up for not having to check tumblr, Facebook, twitter, forums and every other god damned social networking site for some update they place randomly and welcome the new forum thread.

And for Weapon Smiths, trust me you save that SB and ill be damned if i find one that doesn't! 

Oh and where did i demand anything, I SUGGESTED something. 

Yes, you just suggested something.  My point is that this SAME thread comes up EVERY time SB is awarded by Rolf for downtime.  When it comes up so often, it is no longer a suggestion but it is becoming a demand.  If you had checked the forums before you started your post, you would have seen this.

btw Rolf awards SB for server problems that cause a shutdown, so how on earth is Rolf supposed to give you advance notice on that?

cant give advance notice of the crash...can and did give advance notice of 'when' the SB would be awarded...

cant give advance notice of the crash...can and did give advance notice of 'when' the SB would be awarded...

Which was a first; in the past SB was awarded at the time of the crash.  He did something this time which was more than expected by giving notice.  And now of course every one will always expect notice.  Give them more than they expect and they soon start expecting more.

It was announced and I used up the last 4h30 hours of mine woodcutting.

Login to another 5 hours :)

I congratulate Rolf on compensating people for server issues. It's a nice touch you see in more and more places and it tells people you care. I'm sure they weren't aware of the maxed sleep bonus and they will do something to correct it this issue too

But reading this thread, oh my. What a sad state of the community. Rather that recognizing that some people have not received said compensation, they call people greedy, whiners, call it a gift, a reward. It's called a com-pen-sa-tion.

1. the act or process of making amends for something
2. something given as reparation for loss, injury, etc.; indemnity

I bet you selfish people would also insult anyone arguing with the insurance company. The only reason I can think of for this behaviour is that somehow you are so afraid of competing you must use anything as a weapon against other players asking for an equitative compensation. Yes, I still don't think your appalling behaviour is representative of this good gaming community. Hopefully you'll stay in your little mine of hatred in game and don't spread your pox around.

It is not ok to abuse or harrass people, in the forum or in game, and adding a '+1 rolf' does not give you a white card to do so.

• Like 1

I congratulate Rolf on compensating people for server issues. It's a nice touch you see in more and more places and it tells people you care. I'm sure they weren't aware of the maxed sleep bonus and they will do something to correct it this issue too

But reading this thread, oh my. What a sad state of the community. Rather that recognizing that some people have not received said compensation, they call people greedy, whiners, call it a gift, a reward. It's called a com-pen-sa-tion.

1. the act or process of making amends for something

2. something given as reparation for loss, injury, etc.; indemnity

I bet you selfish people would also insult anyone arguing with the insurance company. The only reason I can think of for this behaviour is that somehow you are so afraid of competing you must use anything as a weapon against other players asking for an equitative compensation. Yes, I still don't think your appalling behaviour is representative of this good gaming community. Hopefully you'll stay in your little mine of hatred in game and don't spread your pox around.

It is not ok to abuse or harrass people, in the forum or in game, and adding a '+1 rolf' does not give you a white card to do so.

They are well aware of people who do not use their 5 hours.

It was talked about on the forums and chat and a 48 hour notice is plenty of time to use any SB a player had.

Sure sometime in the future they could address something about legitimate premium players and not getting any sb, but do not hold your breath it has been talked about for years and nothing has been done or even hinted at.

The Facts are the players were told 2 days ahead of time they were getting compensation and any player for what ever reason that did not prepare cannot in anyway blame Rolf.  They can blame their job,  their ole lady, their dog, etc.....They had time end of story.

Either give sleep powder or give nothing at all, so the ones caugth with our bar full can feel less aggravated, thanks.

• Like 1

I'm one of those guys that always seems to miss out on compensated SB too... but I don't complain about it, nor think it should be changed. It is my fault that I bank my SB for "important" tasks, instead of spending it as it comes along.

Simple cause and effect, people. And, as mentioned, you had fair warning this time, too...

• Like 2

I'm one of those guys that always seems to miss out on compensated SB too... but I don't complain about it, nor think it should be changed. It is my fault that I bank my SB for "important" tasks, instead of spending it as it comes along.

Simple cause and effect, people. And, as mentioned, you had fair warning this time, too...

the problem is that this "fair warning" only benefits a % of people too, we live in different time zones, and while i will love to be able to play wurm 24/7 i can´t.

• Like 1

the problem is that this "fair warning" only benefits a % of people too, we live in different time zones, and while i will love to be able to play wurm 24/7 i can´t.

The fair warning was posted on the news of the client itself on Monday. On Tuesday, it was still there. If you played at any time between Sunday night through Wednesday afternoon (that is adjusting for just about all time zones), it was nearly impossible for you to miss. 

Sure, the people that didn't play from Sunday night to Wednesday might have missed it. Honestly, is the sleep bonus really even beneficial to a player like that? Someone who logs on so little would constantly be gaining more SB than their devoted Wurm time would allow them to spend. The SB is a non-factor for them, and the real compensation was the premium time.

And if you were just one of those people that skip over the client news because you're impatient/lazy/would rather learn in game? Again, cause and effect.

I have not read all the posts here but i don't know why they cant just make the max pool 10 hours and make it so you can only gain more from sleeping if you have less than 5 hours. 

Goddamn...every single time rolf gives out sleep bonus someone posts this same thread! 

Am i the only person in this game that uses his sb more often than when its entirely full or something? O.o

• Like 1

If you already have 5 hours of sleep bonus, then likely the downtime wasn't effecting you as greatly as people with zero minutes left.  It's simple.