Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

A Comment On Joining The Pristine/release Servers With The Other Servers

definately lean towards the prist/rel players opinion the most. I'm sure Rolf has that under consideration as-is.

my vote is merge. i dont see a reason why not to, once various resources have been utilized by players who took the plunge into it's ruleset.

I'd definately like to take a tour of the place, but i'm not about to go through a tutorial to do so.

The Tutorial right now is a 3stage wonder... walk over different tile types, get the compass drink water, bite your hand and mine 2 times. Thats it...  Your looking at 3minutes tops to get through it.

And I am still with keeping the clusters apart as of now. Not forever but for the time being. Im sure if Rolf would advertise the game like he said with the launch of 1.0 wurm would at least be at 2-3k players prime hours.... But instead raises prices and cutting out a number of paid alt accounts dropping the player count more.

Edited by Ronnie

Since somebody seems to think they speak for me "People who live there say it would be good to join the two so the populations on the new server raise again."

I would like to say I live here, and it WONT be good to join. Keep Pristine/Release free. I came back to playing so I didn't have to deal with indy/deli/others. 

• Like 2

Just make a portal option for people to take a one way trip to the main cluster if they want to, and leave Pristine / Release separate. Then people can get their alts back to their main cluster and the rest can enjoy the relative isolation and still-developing economies.

• Like 1

Just make a portal option for people to take a one way trip to the main cluster if they want to, and leave Pristine / Release separate. Then people can get their alts back to their main cluster and the rest can enjoy the relative isolation and still-developing economies.

Make it availble to travel both ways with no inventory and I would agree.  Give people one month to decide. 

I assume you mean allowing two way travel from characters only from the new cluster, which sounds like a decent idea. The alts can travel back and forth at will in that case. The old cluster shouldn't have a way to travel to the new cluster at all though, otherwise you'd effectively be joining the clusters anyway.

I assume you mean allowing two way travel from characters only from the new cluster, which sounds like a decent idea. The alts can travel back and forth at will in that case. The old cluster shouldn't have a way to travel to the new cluster at all though, otherwise you'd effectively be joining the clusters anyway.

No Imeant let people bring over their old alts from the old servers.  I see no issue with allowing that. 

That or just open the servers.  I dont see what the big issue is.  All the dragons are killed or will be killed shortly why allow only a certain few people the right to demand higher prices on stuff. 

Edited by squirrels

Would a paid transfer service work. Lets still keep the clusters "apart" but if somebody was given like a months notice, then 2 weeks notice, then 3 days notice, of a Free transfer one time, from pristine/release to old clusters, and from old cluster to new, ONE TIME FREE, then after that point, people can pay, 16 euro for 1 month premium and a server transfer (used at the time of purchase).

This would allow those who move from old to new, to move ONCE, (more if they paid) and only the character and what they can carry moves, no carts or anything just what one character can carry. The only way a character can move is if it's premium (hence the 1 month premium and a server transfer. This would cut down on the creation of alts, just so they can carry more.

Its at least time to set a date I suppose.

keeping Chaos/Wild apart from the rest of freedom with the possibility to /transfer didnt work, why repeat an error?

either connect the servers or dont, no half in half out.

• Like 1

Would a paid transfer service work. Lets still keep the clusters "apart" but if somebody was given like a months notice, then 2 weeks notice, then 3 days notice, of a Free transfer one time, from pristine/release to old clusters, and from old cluster to new, ONE TIME FREE, then after that point, people can pay, 16 euro for 1 month premium and a server transfer (used at the time of purchase).

This would allow those who move from old to new, to move ONCE, (more if they paid) and only the character and what they can carry moves, no carts or anything just what one character can carry. The only way a character can move is if it's premium (hence the 1 month premium and a server transfer. This would cut down on the creation of alts, just so they can carry more.

Just no. Why add high skilled players to pristine/release?

No Imeant let people bring over their old alts from the old servers.  I see no issue with allowing that. 

That or just open the servers.  I dont see what the big issue is.  All the dragons are killed or will be killed shortly why allow only a certain few people the right to demand higher prices on stuff. 

There's a huge issue with that. Those alts may be extremely highly skilled, and could turn the economy upside down, which is at least partly the point of making a separate cluster anyway.

Some of us do not have characters on the old cluster. Some of us are enjoying watching the growth and development of the new servers. 

From one point of view, now that the dragons are dead, there's even less gain to joining the servers together. Nothing of value for the high skilled players from the old cluster to kill, only an economy to drown in cheap tools and equipment. 

There's a huge issue with that. Those alts may be extremely highly skilled, and could turn the economy upside down, which is at least partly the point of making a separate cluster anyway.

Some of us do not have characters on the old cluster. Some of us are enjoying watching the growth and development of the new servers. 

From one point of view, now that the dragons are dead, there's even less gain to joining the servers together. Nothing of value for the high skilled players from the old cluster to kill, only an economy to drown in cheap tools and equipment. 

90ql stuff is also far from commonplace. In fact the market has already undergone a couple of soft resets due to the guys crazy enough to grind up to 90 skill in 3 months burning themselves out and quitting. Its no where near a mature market and the servers should remain seperate.

I'm a relatively new wurm player and have spent a fair chunk of coin on the game already in the past 5 months or so. If there hadn't been a newer server cluster to join however, I probably never would have started playing seriously. I've seen the state of the old servers, and while I can easily get years of enjoyment out of these new servers... I don't in any way want to play on the old servers.

They are not ready yet.

I would think sometime at the end of the year.

I think if Release / Pristine are connected to the main cluster they ONLY should be connected to chose server and people from r/p not allowed to go the other pve servers and vise versa. This seems the best way to go imo the only thing R/P dose not have is access to the pvp server/s outside using an epic portal.

• Like 1

No Imeant let people bring over their old alts from the old servers. I see no issue with allowing that.

That or just open the servers. I dont see what the big issue is. All the dragons are killed or will be killed shortly why allow only a certain few people the right to demand higher prices on stuff.

We have that right because we have been grinding our skills on the new cluster from scratch. There have been pqnry of character sales from the new cluster.. and a vet can easily grind to catch up and compete in any market

You have that right and I have the right not to buy them.  Time to merge the the servers.

You have that right and I have the right not to buy them. Time to merge the the servers.

Do you play on the new servers? Because if your motivation to merge them is cheaper prices. . . You could just make your own stuff. That's free :P

If you aren't actively playing on the new servers. STFU and leave us be.

If a poll to connect the servers is taken. Old freedom and p & r need to have separate polls. P & r should also have much more say so.

Should also require premium too

this thread feels like the only reason to not connect both servers to the rest of the freedom cluster is how much silver a few players are making on Pristine and Release.

if that is indeed the reason it would be really sad.

• Like 3

this thread feels like the only reason to not connect both servers to the rest of the freedom cluster is how much silver a few players are making on Pristine and Release.

if that is indeed the reason it would be really sad.

No, it is people from other clusters thinking they know better then we do. if they don't play on it they don't get a say. All they want it to make money from the new players there, because they have all those 90 enchants stacked up. We on pristine/release are NOT swimming in 90 tools yet, by far.

Theres still 3 dragons alive, and i bet all 3 are owned by people from the freedom cluster, so before any combining happens those people should stop being selfish and release the dragons so we can kill them without them, we don't need their help and thats the only reason some people want it combined here, the only reason.

The market is far from being straight, and i would really be interested how a 

IN-GAME POLL ON ONLY PRISTINE/RELEASE FOR ONLY PREMIUM PLAYERS

would end up against a combine or not to combine vote. 

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 1

All they want it to make money from the new players there,

What are you doing there, if not to earn money?

I hope Wurm 1.1 will include the joining of the clusters. There is no need why new players on Pristine/Release should be ripped off any longer time than necessary.

• Like 1

Either Connect the servers or Allow people to move characters  but not items back and forth al la Epic. 

What are you doing there, if not to earn money?

I hope Wurm 1.1 will include the joining of the clusters. There is no need why new players on Pristine/Release should be ripped off any longer time than necessary.

Killing dragons, and soon other uniques, getting a good priest, being the first good weaponsmith, having fun. You see it as ripped off, but why exactly is it ripped off? That's just how the prices are over there, irpping off is someone charging 3 gold for a normal drake set while the price on that specific server is lower.

Edited by whykillme

I'm playing on R/P and don't see anyone getting ripped off at all.

Bought some stuff for good prices, same as I'd pay on Indy.  50ql tools, 80ql tools, drake set, all same price (and not 'mates rates', buying from strangers and doing a sensible deal or just paying their asking price because it was a fair price)

Sure a few people will always try to charge high, and a few people will pay it out of inexperience or because they don't care.  Same as on Indy; anyone thinks that all prices are the same there and no rip-offs of noobs happen is being (at best) naive.

Separate is nice; Freedom doesn't need more space/landmass and R/P folks can enjoy their separate existence where there is at least a slightly more level playing field.

Edited by Berris