Army

Valrei International: Resource Nodes & More!

I wish tracking would get a rework. Anything is better than the current.

6 hours ago, Finnn said:

imagine we have same "content model" as replacement for archaeology.. you can't do archaeology anywhere anymore, big update, you can only do archaeology at garbage piles and rubble

+1

I don't think garbage piles is a good name, and rubble is already taken for foraging so that would just be confusing, but with decent names and a variety of different types of nodes, and maintaining the best loot only showing up in nodes that appear on former deeds, this is a great idea and I wholeheartedly support it.

2 hours ago, Lisimba said:

You can now use CoC on your gloves to get additional skill, but that just brings forage/botanize in line with things that have their own tools to put enchants on.

With nodes you will need to have TWO enchanted coc gloves in order to maybe, just maybe be in par compared to the old forage/botanize in terms of skillgain that doesn't use any ecnahnts, that's pretty much NOT being in line with things that can use enchanted tools for extra skillgain but the opposite

source: ostentatio

Edited by Tor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnn said:

imagine we have same "content model" as replacement for archaeology.. you can't do archaeology anywhere anymore, big update, you can only do archaeology at garbage piles and rubble which are randomly spawning across the land, big update, you can get 4 new items - wooden brush, spoon fragments, brass lamp fragments and shark statue very rare fragments.

Shark fragments🎇!!!! "we need these...", very rare drops;

That's what it is... one very good alternative comparison.. you can interact with anything and suddenly you can't... you can live your life just fine with none of the shark or other fragments but nobody cares, "you need them" now and that's the deal, take them!

You know that's not a fair comparison Archaeology is way more complicated that forage/bot is.

As for a shark statue, who wouldnt want a Jaws like statue grinning at people above their doorway?

QzsxbXs.png

Edited by Hailiah

it's the very same thing, several who do not do for/bot seem to hate about it.. "interact with a tile monotonously", like digging, mining, fighting, grinding any skill or traveling, etc aren't monotonous and boring without anything special to happen;

I'll pass on the jaws

--edit

then again... lookup the chill casual element people like about it(theme of the game btw)... but that's just were the people who do/did it..

Edited by Finnn

53 minutes ago, Tor said:

With nodes you will need to have TWO enchanted coc gloves in order to maybe, just maybe be in par compared to the old forage/botanize in terms of skillgain that doesn't use any ecnahnts, that's pretty much NOT being in line with things that can use enchanted tools for extra skillgain but the opposite

We've noted that it would be better if it took the max instead of the average of the glove's enchants, that way you only need one enchant. I don't like that you need two either. Support that feedback in the test board thread if you agree.

Needing an enchant for max skillgain is the same as the vast majority of other skills though, so that's entirely in line.

40 minutes ago, Finnn said:

it's the very same thing, several who do not do for/bot seem to hate about it..

Who, specifically?

"interact with a tile monotonously", like digging, mining, fighting, grinding any skill or traveling, etc aren't monotonous and boring without anything special to happen;

I wouldn't count fighting as monotonous. A lot of the rest could be improved though, yes.

I'll pass on the jaws

I'd like a shark statue. We already have other sea life, it'd fit right in.

19 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

We've noted that it would be better if it took the max instead of the average of the glove's enchants, that way you only need one enchant. I don't like that you need two either. Support that feedback in the test board thread if you agree.

Needing an enchant for max skillgain is the same as the vast majority of other skills though, so that's entirely in line.

needing two enchants to get the skill level to old baseline is the reality we are going to get and it's probably you the only one you think it's entierly in line since you willing to die on that hill

You may as well support my feedback there of letting us use that said 1 glove as a tool, if you agree

eidit: I understand if we didn't had nerfed skillgain and the nodes provide us with the same old skillgain, then using 1 coc glove would be in line with rest of the skill that can use coc tools, that's exactly how it would be in line. What we going to get is needing 2 coc gloves just to maybe catch up with skillgain

Edited by Tor

17 minutes ago, Tor said:

needing two enchants to get the skill level to old baseline is the reality we are going to get

Maybe, and maybe not. That's what the feedback thread is for.

and it's probably you the only one you think it's entierly in line since you willing to die on that hill

I'll clarify:

• Needing an enchant is entirely in line.
  • Needing two enchants is not, which is why I prefer max over average (which is what it does now).

You may as well support my feedback there of letting us use that said 1 glove as a tool, if you agree

I'm fine with that too.

Edit: I've brought it up again in the feedback thread.

Edited by Lisimba
  • Like 1

Maybe, and maybe not. That's what the feedback thread is for.

The dev there's like cherry picking the question that going to answer or feedback going to consider, so maybe, or maybe not, but most likely yes

I'll clarify:

• Needing an enchant is entirely in line.
  • Needing two enchants is not, which is why I prefer max over average (which is what it does now).

Needing 2x coc enchant to get to 1x of old skillgain is not the same or in line as needing 1x enchant to get to 2x as the rest of skills that use coc tools

Edited by Tor

11 minutes ago, Tor said:

Needing an coc enchant to get to 1x of old skillgain is not the same or in line as needing an enchant to get to 2x as the rest of skills that use coc tools

Pretty sure that's not the case but if you have something that says otherwise I'd love to see it

3 minutes ago, Madnath said:

Pretty sure that's not the case but if you have something that says otherwise I'd love to see it

18 minutes ago, Tor said:

The dev there's like cherry picking the question that going to answer or feedback going to consider, so maybe, or maybe not, but most likely yes

Needing 2x coc enchant to get to 1x of old skillgain is not the same or in line as needing 1x enchant to get to 2x as the rest of skills that use coc tools

Skill gain (for a given action of the same length of time) is the exact same in the new system as it is in the old system, when enchantments are not involved.

4 hours ago, Cista said:

One of them is redundant since there are now actual orange trees in the game.

There used to be no orange trees to gather from. As a temporary way of providing this new type, we could gather them from the random tile loot table. But now there are beautiful orange trees in the game, which are the source of the sprouts.

Do you really not see how that works? Or would you in fact prefer to be able to get all sprouts, birch, oak, the whole canoodle, from random nondescript tiles? 

Thank you for reiterating my point for me.

Indeed, I would not necessarily prefer to have to get orange sprouts only by foraging, but when there are no handy oranges trees, foraging is a pretty good way to turn up a sprout.  Orange trees are now ANOTHER source of orange sprouts, not THE source.  The whole point is that trees with sprouts could be implemented without having to bin foraging or remove orange sprouts from the loot table.  Do you really not see how it works that the PLAYER can decide whether to pick their sprouts or forage them?

1 minute ago, Ostentatio said:

Skill gain (for a given action of the same length of time) is the exact same in the new system as it is in the old system, when enchantments are not involved.

Okay, so enchanted gloves  was to improve leveling of the skill in general considering the scarcity of the nodes vs tiles and shorter timer per item and not just to get on par with the skill gain? If that's the case i understood you bad, thought you answering with "yes" on my question about getting the skill gain on pair with old system

7 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Thank you for reiterating my point for me.

Indeed, I would not necessarily prefer to have to get orange sprouts only by foraging, but when there are no handy oranges trees, foraging is a pretty good way to turn up a sprout.  Orange trees are now ANOTHER source of orange sprouts, not THE source.  The whole point is that trees with sprouts could be implemented without having to bin foraging or remove orange sprouts from the loot table.  Do you really not see how it works that the PLAYER can decide whether to pick their sprouts or forage them?

and that dips deep into the pockets of forestry skill(pick sprouts).. where you need high-ish skill or at least HIGH ql sickle to pick sprouts and not repeatedly fail, but here it's baby mode ez pz just done.. with or without a tool, oversaturating with diluted loot can hurt other skills or just fill your pockets with stuff you really have no use for at the moment;

old system allowed you to look for specific branch of resources once you get enough skill, new skill is just rng or also had focus mode

Just now, Finnn said:

and that dips deep into the pockets of forestry skill(pick sprouts).. where you need high-ish skill or at least HIGH ql sickle to pick sprouts and not repeatedly fail, but here it's baby mode ez pz just done.. with or without a tool, oversaturating with diluted loot can hurt other skills or just fill your pockets with stuff you really have no use for at the moment;

old system allowed you to look for specific branch of resources once you get enough skill, new skill is just rng or also had focus mode

Don't think it's too much of a big deal since with forestry you can actually reliably and consistently farm walnuts and walnuts sprouts from your walnut forest on mass, on nodes you are rolling for it

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

where you need high-ish skill or at least HIGH ql sickle to pick sprouts and not repeatedly fail, but here it's baby mode ez pz just done.

sprout picking can't fail, <0 power just gets you a damaged 1ql sprout

• Like 1

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

sprout picking can't fail, <0 power just gets you a damaged 1ql sprout

it's still a very long action and requires extra tool, new players normally really hate this action since it takes a lot of time and planting uses gardening skill.. where things normally end up with failing the action and all follows repetition

wont argue on the picking sprouts.. it's arguably a thing I haven't failed in years to remember with 90+ skill and tools, pruning is still a bane at ql90/skill90+, assumed picking takes same roll chances, unless steam release chances made these actions 100% success, anyway

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

it's still a very long action and requires extra tool, new players normally really hate this action since it takes a lot of time and planting uses gardening skill.. where things normally end up with failing the action and all follows repetition

wont argue on the picking sprouts.. it's arguably a thing I haven't failed in years to remember with 90+ skill and tools, pruning is still a bane at ql90/skill90+, assumed picking takes same roll chances, unless steam release chances made these actions 100% success, anyway

and is the same as the old system.

It is all worse than expected.

Snowballs: It took 41 minutes to collect 100 snowballs, avg. ql 83, 6x>99, 28 <90 to 98.70, rest from 59 to 98. Will take a lot of effort to fill larders in the future. Before it was a matter of a few minutes to collect 100 random ql snowballs. But ok.

Worse: There is as good as zero skill gain at my skill of 99.83 . I botanized about 20 times, no botanizing skill gain, Soul and SD only. Foraging brougt a tick (as usual 0.000008) when foraging an "animal burrow" node, none at the rest so far. So good bye forage botanize. Congrats for ruining.

Mind that before, it took me 25-35 minutes to reach my daily goal of +0.00050x (504, 511 or so) in both foraging and botanizing. I used cloth gloves, runed with bronze rune of Libila, but got no better than 99.87 ql, before my best was 99.86, so this promise broken too. The gloves are enchanted coc 101 and 102.

Edit: Stone debris gave a tick once, too.

Edited by Ekcin

10 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Snowballs: It took 41 minutes to collect 100 snowballs, avg. ql 83, 6x>99, 28 <90 to 98.70, rest from 59 to 98. Will take a lot of effort to fill larders in the future. Before it was a matter of a few minutes to collect 100 random ql snowballs. But ok.

I seem to find them faster than that.

Worse: There is as good as zero skill gain at my skill of 99.83 . I botanized about 20 times, no botanizing skill gain, Soul and SD only. Foraging brougt a tick (as usual 0.000008) when foraging an "animal burrow" node, none at the rest so far. So good bye forage botanize. Congrats for ruining.

Dink some booze. That increases difficulty now. Base difficulty is lower so noobs have an easier time getting resources.

Mind that before, it took me 25-35 minutes to reach my daily goal of +0.00050x (504, 511 or so) in both foraging and botanizing. I used cloth gloves, runed with bronze rune of Libila, but got no better than 99.87 ql, before my best was 99.86, so this promise broken too.

What promise?

Far too many nodes and far too few items from them. Why even have nodes then? I'd rather have the old system if I am going to have to keep walking around in a close proximity and clicking on things for hours. 

• Like 1

The promise that skill gain would basically be the same. Needing to get drunk every time means ruining gameplay. Immersive, my ass.

With such skill gain pace it would take years to go up even one skill percent. And you are telling me, no nerf? No lies?

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1