Camelrider

Let SFI portal to Defiance

Maybe if Epic lived up to its name of being epic. Seems like it became rather watered down, and not as extreme as initially promised, such as the volcanoes. Terraforming events were kinda okay.

Overall it never came across as the kind of hardcore scorched earth initially promised. Too many punches pulled.

Granted there was. on top of everything else, several game-breaking bugs, especially for a competitive pvp atmosphere. Let alone abandoned features. Unsure they were all even fixed by the end.

Edited by Karrde

So is this going to happen or not? What's up wurm Dev team?

4 hours ago, Brattygirl said:

While we appreciate the enthusiasm, there is no need to spam Bump. The Dev’s take a look at all suggestions. This being a hot topic I imagine they will make sure to take a very in-depth look at this. We want to keep this thread open so the PVP community can openly discuss suggestions for the future of PVP in Wurm. But we can’t do that if things get out of hand. With that in mind please keep things civil and productive and try not to spam. Thank You!

~Regards,

Brattygirl (LFM)

I think more people want a yes/no. When. What is happening. Are there talks? Literally you have the whole pvp community here for questions ready to be answered by the community. Also save people "time wasting" building deeds. Being priest etc. Etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pnutp said:

Have you used the portal system? If you use a portal in the middle of nowhere then this maybe an issue, however you use a portal on your deed or at a point of safety... 

Bratty Girl; How I appreciate the acknowledgment from a forum mod, can we get some confirmation the staff/dev team are looking into this for us, then we wouldn't feel so neglected as a community. 

I promise this is not another bump :D

41 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

I think more people want a yes/no. When. What is happening. Are there talks? Literally you have the whole pvp community here for questions ready to be answered by the community. Also save people "time wasting" building deeds. Being priest etc. Etc.

I cannot speak for the Dev team as I am not a part of it. Army mentioned some changes coming to PVP on Defiance in his Valrei International. I am sure he will update you more on those once he has some more information. 

On 9/22/2023 at 2:29 PM, Army said:

I can confirm that Defiance PMKs will come in the near future. It's still actively being worked on, but sadly I don't have a specific launch date for you just yet.

The only thing I can say is please be patient. We have a brand-new Community Manager who is going to keep us all in the loop. 

~Regards,

Brattygirl (LFM)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brattygirl said:

I cannot speak for the Dev team as I am not a part of it. Army mentioned some changes coming to PVP on Defiance in his Valrei International. I am sure he will update you more on those once he has some more information. 

The only thing I can say is please be patient. We have a brand-new Community Manager who is going to keep us all in the loop. 

~Regards,

Brattygirl (LFM)

We've been patient for 2 years when darklords told us pmks. Then we waited. Now Pmks are useless there isn't enough playbase on defiance. We need a pvp merge to get the pvp community together.

Seems like you spoke a lot stating earlier that the dev teams reads the suggestion posts.

• Like 2

Literally make a discord channel for a "round table" discussion with devs for ideas on how, what, when, and where to do this. What we all agree and disagree on so it's done right and makes sense. That way the devs get the most feedback possible to make it "the perfect server" I'm sure MANY people would put their differences aside to achieve 1 common goal of consolidating the pvp server.

• Like 3

+1

Merge and bring the community back together already. You have no idea the droves of people who don't play because of all of the pointless segregation. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Carmichael said:

Literally make a discord channel for a "round table" discussion with devs for ideas on how, what, when, and where to do this. What we all agree and disagree on so it's done right and makes sense. That way the devs get the most feedback possible to make it "the perfect server" I'm sure MANY people would put their differences aside to achieve 1 common goal of consolidating the pvp server.

+1 for the Swedish round table discord channel

I think the bumps and "spam" are caused in part by people who are mostly afraid that this suggestion will fly under the radar, be ignored, or be shot down with little thought. It's extremely important to a lot of us and it's evident that there is a lot of excitement circulating around the thought of finally having a single server where we can all get together.

Edited by Raix
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Brattygirl said:

~Regards,

Brattygirl (LFM)

Hi Bratty,

Is there any chance that @Armycould comment on a change like this in particular? The changes he mentioned are much lower on the desirability scale by the playerbase here, hence the concern.

Thanks!

I've forwarded it to the dev team for discussion. Nothing else I can say about it yet, sorry.

• Like 7

My suggestion in regards to "if" this were to happen to at least put it in the back of the dev's heads:

Keep/Use:

• Defiance Body Str Curve
  • Defiance Meditation Restrictions and changes with the exception of PoK
  • 1 Time Skill Transfer if it's a new server, even onto current Defiance. (If not, then I don't see a lot of people wanting to regrind fightskill back up to 90+)
  • Installation of PMK's either to current Defiance or new server/map
  • Portals with the current settings Defiance has, so it's not completely separate for anyone playing on Freedom as well. Anything skilled will be 1 for 1 on transfer with the exception of Faith, Med Path, Fightskill (after 1 time transfer)
  • Epic Skill Curve would be cool, but not 100% necessary
  • Sleep Powders/Bonus from Mobs and Chests
  • Change HoTa back to consecutive wins increases ql or at least a range of like 10-20, 30-40, 40-50, etc. and it builds up with more wins, but requires more wins.
  • Items stay on specific server, because of portals.
  • Keep the Chaos/Defiance/Freedom skillgains, don't need to increase it at all.
  • Put a lake in the middle of it so "whoever has the center of the map has the biggest advantage vs everyone else" also if it's a mountain, I shouldn't be able to ride my horse up/down it freely.

Don't Keep/Don't Use:

• No Tomes
  • No Hell Horses
  • If a new map, don't land lock with starter "islands".
  • No Twigs/Farwalker Stones/Res stones
  • Remove Raid timers, or at least set a "No Raid Time" of max 8hours (Literally reversing the raid timer code)
  • Don't make it a "once you transfer, you're stuck here" kind of thing, it's a turn off for existing and future players. To include skills not transferring between servers.

On the fence/Needs further discussion:

• Dirt wall limitations
  • Mine door limitations

9 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

My suggestion in regards to "if" this were to happen to at least put it in the back of the dev's heads:

Keep/Use:

• Defiance Body Str Curve.            {need to be tweaked or a base Dr added. People die way to quick.}
  • Defiance Meditation Restrictions and changes with the exception of PoK
  • 1 Time Skill Transfer if it's a new server, even onto current Defiance. (If not, then I don't see a lot of people wanting to regrind fightskill back up to 90+)
  • Installation of PMK's either to current Defiance or new server/map        {current map isn't suitable. Defiance is not a very strategic map almost everything is ridable.}
  • Portals with the current settings Defiance has, so it's not completely separate for anyone playing on Freedom as well. Anything skilled will be 1 for 1 on transfer with the exception of Faith, Med Path, Fightskill (after 1 time transfer)
  • Epic Skill Curve would be cool, but not 100% necessary
  • Sleep Powders/Bonus from Mobs and Chests
  • Change HoTa back to consecutive wins increases ql or at least a range of like 10-20, 30-40, 40-50, etc. and it builds up with more wins, but requires more wins.
  • Items stay on specific server, because of portals.
  • Keep the Chaos/Defiance/Freedom skillgains, don't need to increase it at all.
  • Put a lake in the middle of it so "whoever has the center of the map has the biggest advantage vs everyone else" also if it's a mountain, I shouldn't be able to ride my horse up/down it freely.            {A no build area would be more suitable. Having a lake in the middle will just make it unused aside from some boats scattered around.}

Don't Keep/Don't Use:

• No Tomes
  • No Hell Horses
  • If a new map, don't land lock with starter "islands".
  • Remove Raid timers, or at least set a "No Raid Time" of max 8hours (Literally reversing the raid timer code)
  • Don't make it a "once you transfer, you're stuck here" kind of thing, it's a turn off for existing and future players. To include skills not transferring between servers.

On the fence/Needs further discussion:

• Dirt wall limitations
  • Mine door limitations

Added my thoughts in {} okay with most of the rest. 

4 hours ago, Army said:

I've forwarded it to the dev team for discussion. Nothing else I can say about it yet, sorry.

Thank you! 😘😘😘

3 hours ago, Carmichael said:

Don't Keep/Don't Use:

• No Tomes
  • No Hell Horses

Bit confused here with the double negative. IE: Don't keep the no hell horses rule? Or keep that particular rule of 'no hell horses'?

1. Allow portal from SFI to Defiance.
2. One time (2 week limited) first time transfer of FS, med path and faith, coming from SFI or NFI.  Not fair to a few NFI people but it's never going to be perfect.
3. ???
4. Profit.

No Epic curve, yukk.
Yes to this: {or a base Dr added. People die way to quick.}

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Omar said:

2. One time (2 week limited) first time transfer of FS, med path and faith, coming from SFI or NFI. 

I'm sure it would be easy enough to code that first time entering the portal allows the transfer of those things then after that they do not transfer. 

I'm sure it would be easy enough to code ...

Wurmageddon 2.0 FLW

On 9/25/2023 at 3:17 PM, Army said:

i love you

On 9/25/2023 at 8:10 PM, Omar said:

1. Allow portal from SFI to Defiance.
2. One time (2 week limited) first time transfer of FS, med path and faith, coming from SFI or NFI.  Not fair to a few NFI people but it's never going to be perfect.

this should just be standard yea, its silly to add an artificial time barrier to people coming from sfi if it happens, for both faith and meditation path level, its just extra waiting that isnt necessary and just hurts both groups imo, people are less likely to stick around if they have to regrind faith and literally just WAIT for meditation cooldowns when they already have the skill. fight skill is the same

and if it ever is done, if theres some wonky "skill only transfers one way" thing, just take a look at epic that doesnt work

• Like 1

4 hours ago, platinumteef said:

this should just be standard yea, its silly to add an artificial time barrier to people coming from sfi if it happens, for both faith and meditation path level, its just extra waiting that isnt necessary and just hurts both groups imo, people are less likely to stick around if they have to regrind faith and literally just WAIT for meditation cooldowns when they already have the skill. fight skill is the same

and if it ever is done, if theres some wonky "skill only transfers one way" thing, just take a look at epic that doesnt work

Problem would be for people who want to be poi on freedom with no faith. If it's constantly updating you are locked which would be less of a reason to play pvp because you don't want to be a priest on freedom.

I don't think it was for all skills just faith med to allow people flexibility. And not have to sit for 6 months because they won't be pok or have massive sermon group and not be able to fight because no priest. 

Edited by Atndy

The first time you join the server should be the only time faith/meditation/fightskill should transfer 1 for 1 (1 time faith and med swaps would be cool tho). after that it separates.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carmichael said:

The first time you join the server should be the only time faith/meditation/fightskill should transfer 1 for 1 (1 time faith and med swaps would be cool tho). after that it separates.

To be exact you mean meditation level or skill?

2 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

To be exact you mean meditation level or skill?

Both with the option to swap after since all but pok dont work at lvl 11

Edited by Carmichael

And skill gain transfer, just the path stays on each consecutive server like it currently is

• Like 1