Sign in to follow this  
kordethbludscythe

seriously, why would you do that(reset change)

seriously what are you thinking? wouldnt it be better to update the new stuff earlier in the week instead of the day before the weekend? Yes we know this is probably the last chance to add the new features that you guys advertised earlier this month, but to put it out the day before the weekend is kind of not smart considering the possibility of weird bugs and features being skewed by it going live. i have never understood why game developers do this to players. wouldnt it be better to put new content out when everyone is still in the office and able to take instant action if something isnt right instead of leaving it to a weekend maintenance crew to fix if it goes haywire?

I am not saying anything bad about the new content even though i was hoping it would have come out sooner this month but i just shudder to think how everything is gonna be this weekend if something goes wrong.

yeah i know i am heading back into my hole, i just wanted to say my perspective a little

• Like 1

Consider the situation in which the changes aren't yet baked and need some time to get there to serve them, maybe your meal is still in the oven, give it time.

I call this method of delivery the Hand Grenade.  Toss it and run.

Edited by TheTrickster
and

Could be that as with all the updates they haven't even written the code yet and are typing furiously this week to get it done to release it on schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a "delay" in release as with all other recent updates to the game.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I call this method of delivery the Hand Grenade.  Toss it run.

Also known in software one of the best ways to make your customers run away :D

Fire in the hole * deploys *.

if anything happens and screws up things at the weekend then you could take that as a cue to do something else.....away from the computer.

• Like 2

Am I missing something? This just says the reset, I don't see any plans for updates then. 

6 hours ago, BoulderDash said:

if anything happens and screws up things at the weekend then you could take that as a cue to do something else.....away from the computer.

Do something else????? Away from the computer???????  Blasphemy..................

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I call this method of delivery the Hand Grenade.  Toss it and run.

like the announcement of removing traders.  that was a fun week..lol  glad they announced a head though. vs just doing it. as the back lash was bad enough from the news. can't imagine if they just did it.lol 

was there a june skin?  i forget.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archaed said:

Am I missing something? This just says the reset, I don't see any plans for updates then. 

In city Hall they said there would be an update before the end of "the" (inferred "this") month

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only "update" that has been mentioned for the end of the month was the rebrand. All I see is a delay of the normal weekly reset with no announcement of in game updates or changes.

New Branding
First off, we're thrilled to soon be revealing our brand-new branding for Wurm Online going live at the end of the month! We've been working hard to develop a fresh, vibrant, and memorable identity that truly reflects the spirit of this unique game and its fantastic community. We believe this new branding will further enhance your experience and provide a strong foundation as we continue to grow and evolve the game.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:52 AM, gnomegates said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only "update" that has been mentioned for the end of the month was the rebrand. All I see is a delay of the normal weekly reset with no announcement of in game updates or changes.

New Branding
First off, we're thrilled to soon be revealing our brand-new branding for Wurm Online going live at the end of the month! We've been working hard to develop a fresh, vibrant, and memorable identity that truly reflects the spirit of this unique game and its fantastic community. We believe this new branding will further enhance your experience and provide a strong foundation as we continue to grow and evolve the game.

even tho thats true it cant be a coincident that they delay the reset to the same day they doin their rebrand, sounds like some in game updates are comming aswell.

• Like 1