Warlander

DeedPlanner 3.1.1 - 3D house and deed design tool

Is there any way to support that economically?  I see a pile of posts regarding issues which indicates many Wurm users probably use the tool but not too many regarding support it in any other capacity.

Thanks

19 hours ago, Bakit said:

Is there any way to support that economically?

On the Deedplanner web version (https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/) there's two buttons at the bottom of the menu page. One is Warlander's Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/warlander) for monthly subscriptions, the other is a one-time donation page on PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/MCyranowicz/10eur).

any word on updates for this?

Edited by Gingeko

5 hours ago, Gingeko said:

any word on updates for this?

No updates for now - I will likely take long holidays in 2-3 months from now through, so I will take another look into the project at that time. (or earlier)

Current bridges status in development version - they are supported by maps and they are loaded into the program from DP2, flat bridges are rendered correctly, there are still graphical issues with arched and rope bridges that need to be resolved. No way to add new bridges yet.

I would greatly appreciate any community updates to the database - it went without updates for quite a while now, so it is missing a lot of things that were added since last update. I can push official update at any time once there's enough things added to justify releasing a new version.

• Like 2

Heya! I would love to continue adding to the database! I started on this, but naming stuff is hard (my current dp3 source is a total disaster of experiments). I will check over what I have and ask you for some naming advice / guidelines, so it does not turn into goop. If anyone else also wants to contribute, I would be happy to help out with setup of the development environment and such (discord deedplanner channel or pm or voice chat with desktop sharing)

Edited by Drogos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Drogos said:

Heya! I would love to continue adding to the database! I started on this, but naming stuff is hard (my current dp3 source is a total disaster of experiments). I will check over what I have and ask you for some naming advice / guidelines, so it does not turn into goop. If anyone else also wants to contribute, I would be happy to help out with setup of the development environment and such (discord deedplanner channel or pm or voice chat with desktop sharing)

When it comes to database, honestly the only rule is to prevent duplicate shortnames from existing (they are basically just ID's) - program also checks for duplicate ID's on its own on startup and will print errors if there is any duplicate.

Other than that, as long as they follow some logic similar to currently existing shortnames they should be ok! :)

• Like 1

just a idea but any chance in a future update to add something that can count how many tiles you have of clay, tar and so on

On 7/18/2023 at 8:15 AM, antonslavick said:

just a idea but any chance in a future update to add something that can count how many tiles you have of clay, tar and so on

DeedPlanner already counts these tiles, but never includes them in summary - I will consider how to add them to the summary without introducing additional noise. (knowing how many farm tiles or tar/clay tiles there are is useful, how many grass or dirt tiles - not so much)

• Like 1

I'm using the standalone version and noticed i can't rotate objects with rightclick. It does work in the web version though.
Is it an oversight or is web version the main one now?

37 minutes ago, Miretta said:

I'm using the standalone version and noticed i can't rotate objects with rightclick. It does work in the web version though.
Is it an oversight or is web version the main one now?

Hmm... this sounds like a bug, web version and desktop version should be the same except some minor technical differences.

Program version: Deedplanner 3.1.1 Alpha

How to reproduce a bug: it just doesn't work after starting Deedplanner desktop version (but does work in web version)

What happened: Can not rotate objects with rightclick, they are rotated by holding leftclick

Expected behavior: to be able to rotate objects with rightclick ^^"

6 hours ago, Warlander said:

XCkd2Pg.png

Some bridges anyone? 👀

Yes thank you!!

Thank you Warlander for continuing to work on this invaluable tool.

On 8/3/2023 at 8:37 PM, Warlander said:

XCkd2Pg.png

Some bridges anyone? 👀

God yes! I rely on this tool so much, can't wait for future updates.

glad they finally gave you some time to work on it.  well seized. gz and ty.

I can't wait to try it with bridges, I am having to use an old version for the bridges and new version for just the buildings. How relieved I will be to have bridges in the new version also. You do such a good job on it, thank you.

• Like 1

I have a question to all of you: what do you think about input smoothness?

1. I like it (there is input smoothness on most inputs in DeedPlanner 3 right now)

2. I dislike it (it's how most inputs work in DeedPlanner 2

Just two options, because I want to grasp general attitude towards it in a tool like DeedPlanner. I'm asking because I'm planning some changes to input system in the following days that will change how all inputs in DP3 work, and have an option to either keep smoothness as is, remove it or make it optional (making it optional still means deciding what default that most people are likely to stick with is, through).

My personal opinion in spoiler:

Spoiler

Personally I like it and would prefer to keep it at around the level it is now, some very mild input smoothness makes the program more pleasant to use in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Warlander said:

I have a question to all of you: what do you think about input smoothness?

1. I like it (there is input smoothness on most inputs in DeedPlanner 3 right now)

2. I dislike it (it's how most inputs work in DeedPlanner 2

Just two options, because I want to grasp general attitude towards it in a tool like DeedPlanner. I'm asking because I'm planning some changes to input system in the following days that will change how all inputs in DP3 work, and have an option to either keep smoothness as is, remove it or make it optional (making it optional still means deciding what default that most people are likely to stick with is, through).

My personal opinion in spoiler:

Hide contents

Personally I like it and would prefer to keep it at around the level it is now, some very mild input smoothness makes the program more pleasant to use in my opinion.

1, ah ah ah...

Having become a convert away from 2.9 recently, I've found the input on both the download and browser versions to be completely fine in my experience. No noticeable issue.

Small feature: in new DeedPlanner version, grid lines will fade out and become less visible over the distance!

Before:

iMFNn1k.png

After:

HwFnvkc.png

This works in all view modes - so lines in 2d view become less visible over the distance as well.

• Like 3

Can you add a way to rotate maps? I have a big one that I ended up building with south at the top and I'd like to rotate it 180 degrees.

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

Can you add a way to rotate maps? I have a big one that I ended up building with south at the top and I'd like to rotate it 180 degrees.

Sounds like a good idea, I will add it to list of features I want to implement - it won't be part of next release (3.2.0), but will be added at later point.

• Like 2