Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

Not sure what to think as a customer.

As the titles say, "Not sure what to think as a customer."

I had a payment issue where my method of payment was not going thru. Was being refunded for no reason that I could see. I talked to CM, did all the checks on my end, even called the bank to double check to see it not on the banks end. Which it wasn't. 

Today talked to a GM.  Tried once more, still same thing. Was asked to send email to payment department of wurm. I've sent this off.

Ask the GM about getting the Anniversary gift, seeing this was out of my control. GM sympathized with the issue but stated that there was nothing that could be done with that.

So I let the GM know I would have to write a complaint about this on the forums. Nothing more was said just our good bye's

And here we are.

Just a heads up for you guys.

Sorry, bit confused. Is there anything stopping you from finding the pieces to the anniversary gift? I mean you have a capped skill of 20 archaeology but you can still find pieces pretty easily.

5 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Sorry, bit confused. Is there anything stopping you from finding the pieces to the anniversary gift? I mean you have a capped skill of 20 archaeology but you can still find pieces pretty easily.

You need to be perm to combine them.

and

• Finding and combining these special fragments is available only during Wurm’s Anniversary week which will start at midnight on the 6th of June and end at midnight on the 13th.
Edited by gorgian

Sounds like you should have prem'd up about a week ago, sorry.  Not the GM's fault you waited until the last day.

Well if it is any consultation, the gifts were the same as they were for many holidays, fireworks, santa hats, yule goats, stuff like that.

Otherwise I am with Wargasm on this one.

40 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Sounds like you should have prem'd up about a week ago, sorry.  Not the GM's fault you waited until the last day.

Humm, sorry, missed the fine print that stats i need to be prem on day one. Please post it.

the gifts were craptacular, you did not miss out on anything

• Like 4

gorgian, sorry for your troubles and  nevermind them, there are games out there (100% free mind you) where the staff goes above and beyond to keep the players happy - even when they are under no obligation to do so (and i know more than one like that as well)

Wurm never was part of that category - it's always the players fault or in the rare cases where you actually get someone to admit a flaw or mistake....well let's just say you could get an apology (only in extreme scenarios like losing very high value items you might get them back if there was a non-player fault) :)

I am not complaining - i just resigned myself, knowing that the customer is more of an annoyance in this game than the group providing a living to the game and staff (the paid ones at least)

I am still happy to play this, but try to minimize the interactions with the higher ups - as they are dissapointing - pretty much always

Edited by Thorakkanath
  • Like 6

I While I sympathize with your situation, and I’m sure the GM did too... nothing they can specifically do. However if it was a legitimate error in the process from codeclub maybe you can convince someone higher up to toss you a bone. (Worth a shot). 

*edit* didn’t realize nicrolis’ post. Glad to see it worked out. 

Edited by Xor
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

Check your mail good sir :)

I've checked. thank you.

I have been given a anniversary gift in my mail.

I feel satisfied as a customer.   <customer care >

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gorgian said:

I've checked. thank you.

I have been given a anniversary gift in my mail.

I feel satisfied as a customer.   <customer care >

Tbh they should've just gave you one, sorry to hear about your experience as well. People like Enki gives away dozen of items weekly but when it comes to retaining customers such as OP.  It's a impossible task I guess?

*Looks at my yellow potion cache, and sighs*

• Like 2

Poor customer service, the gifts were crap, would not of killed anyone to hand one out.

It;'s unfortunate you were experiencing these payment issues, the refunds would definitely not be happening out our side but might lie with paypal/xsolla. I'll definitely follow up on it though. 

The gifts were a throwback to many gifts given out over the past years, many newer players would not have been around for them, though I can understand older players already having them all. 

It's a tricky situation, handing a free gift out opens a lot of cases where some players might feel they were unfairly denied the gift, we were clear about the timeframes (give or take an hour, oops) so it falls into a category of play it as it is. 

I'd suggest speaking to the payment processor, xsolla or paypal if you haven't, but I'll check up on the case on our end too. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

gorgian, sorry for your troubles and  nevermind them, there are games out there (100% free mind you) where the staff goes above and beyond to keep the players happy - even when they are under no obligation to do so (and i know more than one like that as well)

Wurm never was part of that category - it's always the players fault or in the rare cases where you actually get someone to admit a flaw or mistake....well let's just say you could get an apology (only in extreme scenarios like losing very high value items you might get them back if there was a non-player fault) :)

I am not complaining - i just resigned myself, knowing that the customer is more of an annoyance in this game than the group providing a living to the game and staff (the paid ones at least)

I am still happy to play this, but try to minimize the interactions with the higher ups - as they are dissapointing - pretty much always

QFT

A couple years ago there was a similar discussion about how poor the creativity is when it comes to anniversary gifts and obviously it fell on deaf ears.  If the gifts were even somewhat interesting some of us would prem-up dozens of accounts to get them but alas another revenue opportunity squandered.  Keep up the good work!

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

It;'s unfortunate you were experiencing these payment issues, the refunds would definitely not be happening out our side but might lie with paypal/xsolla. I'll definitely follow up on it though. 

The gifts were a throwback to many gifts given out over the past years, many newer players would not have been around for them, though I can understand older players already having them all. 

It's a tricky situation, handing a free gift out opens a lot of cases where some players might feel they were unfairly denied the gift, we were clear about the timeframes (give or take an hour, oops) so it falls into a category of play it as it is. 

I'd suggest speaking to the payment processor, xsolla or paypal if you haven't, but I'll check up on the case on our end too. 

Good call , thx. Turns out it was xsolla. Fixed and perm bought.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Thorakkanath said:

I can only confirm that. If you contact the GM staff about a bit more complicate issue than getting stuck somewhere, then all you get from staff is: "Sorry, we can't help you". Recently I discovered, that I had rare/supreme coins worth several silver missing from my house on my deed. At first GM tried to imply, that it was my friend who took them... To cut long story short - final answer of course was, that "they are sorry but the case was too fuzzy and they can't help me". :D

From service perspective it would probably be better, when there was no GMs.. At least it would not create an illusion that there are people, who are there to help you.

Given in your case there was a significant time difference when you last saw them meaning it becomes that much harder to use our tools to search histories and logs, and given that you had multiple players with access to it does make the case fuzzy. We provide plenty of systems to protect items, from a lock on your chest, to a lock on your door or house, to whole deed permissions.  With these protection systems in your hands it becomes incredibly important you use them to protect your items, as we cannot verify and return in every case, such as yours. 

the GM team works incredibly hard to answer player issues and liaise with the dev team in order to get things resolved, but they are not there to recover player items from player mistakes.

In your case, given the amount of time that had passed and the amount of people with access and no clear trace of the items, it was not possible to a) verify those items were there and b) identify where they went. 

24 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Given in your case there was a significant time difference when you last saw them meaning it becomes that much harder to use our tools to search histories and logs, and given that you had multiple players with access to it does make the case fuzzy. We provide plenty of systems to protect items, from a lock on your chest, to a lock on your door or house, to whole deed permissions.  With these protection systems in your hands it becomes incredibly important you use them to protect your items, as we cannot verify and return in every case, such as yours. 

the GM team works incredibly hard to answer player issues and liaise with the dev team in order to get things resolved, but they are not there to recover player items from player mistakes.

In your case, given the amount of time that had passed and the amount of people with access and no clear trace of the items, it was not possible to a) verify those items were there and b) identify where they went. 

So? Then just implement the tools, every other player is now a dev or a GM. The time should not matter in such cases, I lost my money.. even if it is 2 years later, I still want my money back. Wouldn't you?

And put yourself into my(or any other customers) shoes. "Sorry, we can't help you" doesn't cut it. If you close a ticket with such a phrase, there is another customer, who has been left without a solution. You are there for the customers, not the other way around.

EDIT. For example, looking at OP, if you simply had given the guy an anniversary reward (as I understand, someone just sent one from their personal stash), this topic for example wouldn't have ever appeared. Maybe even opposite, we may have been reading a praise addressing the staff. And it wouldn't have cost you anything.

Edited by rixk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rixk said:

So? Then just implement the tools, every other player is now a dev or a GM. The time should not matter in such cases, I lost my money.. even if it is 2 years later, I still want my money back. Wouldn't you?

And put yourself into my(or any other customers) shoes. "Sorry, we can't help you" doesn't cut it. If you close a ticket with such a phrase, there is another customer, who has been left without a solution. You are there for the customers, not the other way around.

Which tool?

deeded land, protected by settings which the mayor gets to change?

locked building

protection where the owner can decide who can access it?

locked containers?

you can lead horse to water but you can’t make him drink. 

6 minutes ago, Xor said:

Which tool?

deeded land, protected by settings which the mayor gets to change?

locked building

protection where the owner can decide who can access it?

locked containers?

you can lead horse to water but you can’t make him drink 

What tool? Hmm.. let me think.. tools to investigate what happened maybe?

They all were in locked building on a deed. Permission to that house were given only to my best friends, who actually have been offline for quite a while. One of the friends logged in for a brief chat bit over a month ago, GM automatically tried to imply, that it was that guy who took it. Despite me being online at that time and he was nowhere near my village then. Another thing is, that in that same chest were also 3 satchels full of gems, including cpl of star gems + one rare (yes, blue text) gem.. So I think theft can be completely ruled out here. But that doesn't mean I don't want to know, what happened to that money.

I though that each coin has always unique id, so can be tracked. Maybe actions, like getting/putting/dropping coins, should be just logged constantly? That way GM's could always track location of coin, check timestamps for transfers between players/containers etc, before it goes into bank.

Edited by Wilczan

7 hours ago, rixk said:

So I think theft can be completely ruled out here. 

If the money is gone, and you know for a fact it wasn't theft, that only leaves you to have done something with it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

If the money is gone, and you know for a fact it wasn't theft, that only leaves you to have done something with it. 

Actually this was my first thought as well, that I might have misplaced it or deposited to bank, but don't remember. I went throught clients logs(picking up money/depositing to bank leaves a mark in event log at least) and nope, I(my alts included) haven't taken it, neither have I deposited it to bank.