Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Let us get drunk again

Currently:

1. Alcohol fills the water bar.
  2. Alcohol is sipped in large quantities at once (0.20kg is a lot of whiskey!).
  3. You cannot drink anything, including alcohol, if your water bar is above approximately 96%.

This leads to a situation where it is effectively impossible to get drunk, and that's just no fun.

I've suggested before that booze simply shouldn't fill the water bar and/or should be drunk in smaller sips. Maybe, depending on the strength of the booze, it should fill your water bar to a variable degree; for example, beer might fill it with a bit less efficiency than water, and strong moonshine or gin might not fill it at all.

I assume the only problem with this is that it would let you stack insane amounts of affinity timers onto your character by getting drunk as hell with little consequence, since you could just keep on drinking it. If that's the problem, to counteract this I would suggest that alcohol should have an effect on more actions. Right now, a lot of things aren't affected by drunkenness at all; if it were to affect more things, such as affecting skill rolls across-the-board*, that would potentially resolve that problem.

But I'm not a developer. I just want all this new alcohol to let our characters get horribly wrecked, however that happens.

* This may be a bad idea since it would have hilarious implications for skill gain, possibly leading to people getting wasted so they can grind Light Token at 70 channeling for maximum gains.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 5

Let's not forget, there is a title coming from getting extremely drunk.

We build huge settlements and manage them, build fleets, create paths and highways, slay trolls, dragons and charge through spider-infested forests so we can get better. We get PTSD on every hunting trip.

Ofcourse we need to be able to get drunk easily, +1.

the 0.2kG part has always been like that, you have to use jars with corn to get 0.01kg.  Pretty sure you can always drink 0.01kg. And me and some others do have both titles already so its doable..

Edited by whykillme

38 minutes ago, whykillme said:

the 0.2kG part has always been like that, you have to use jars with corn to get 0.01kg.  Pretty sure you can always drink 0.01kg. And me and some others do have both titles already so its doable..

I have drunkard title too, did it pre patch. You could drink as much as you wanted with old mechanics, even when water level was full. Current mechanics on the ohter hand don't allow to drink any more, when your water level is full. You get message "You are so bloated you cannot bring yourself to drink any thing else".

OK, tested a bit.. seems that when you put measuring jug to 1g, then drinking that(shows 0.00 as weight) doesn't increase water level. Still makes drunk tho. So I guess it is still possible. :)

Edited by rixk
  • Like 2

The fact that alcohol fills your water bar in WO makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! Alcohol doesn't hydrate you, it dehydrates you!!! Whoever designed this mechanic is clearly not thinking straight.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, whykillme said:

I used a reed pen to get Drunkard and Alcoholic, since it only consumes 0.008L of alcohol for the same amount of drunkenness.

However, I was under the impression Tich modified alcohol so that it would depend on type of alcohol and actual volume consumed. At least, that's what I was told before the update went live, and what would make sense.

Again, if the only reason alcohol needs to fill our water bar is because of affinities being abusable otherwise, just make being drunk affect more stuff to counteract it and we're probably fine.

as for affinities dunno why we can't just give the full length from one bite, balancing timers if necessary to combat the change, and just let us not add to the affinity timer at all and it has to run out to readd the same affinity

sure this encourges bites to min/max, but so what. if we find that amazing body stam food we'll make as many of it as we want in the first place, and this gets rid of having to use special moves to throw up in order to eat enough to get max timers

• Like 1

Nothing preventing you from getting drunk on your own time. Nice to see the alcoholics kept out of WO, at least in game.

=Ayes=

2 hours ago, Ayes said:

Nothing preventing you from getting drunk on your own time. Nice to see the alcoholics kept out of WO, at least in game.

=Ayes=

This game now has like a dozen kinds of booze, lets you get drunk, and has the titles "Drunkard" and "Alcoholic" with at least two or three related achievements.

Not saying I want to promote actual alcoholism, it's just silly and borderline buggy that we can't get our characters' brains wrecked on alcohol anymore. I say "borderline buggy" because it's an intended feature of the game that is now essentially roadblocked, at a time just after hard liquor was introduced. Seems fishy.

5 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Seems fishy.

No fish liquors?

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Must admit my first reaction was rather salty...:angry: as in:

• sure, and let's add some really nasty hangovers while we're at it.
  • make it impossible to control a large cart or chariot while drunk.  Random possibility of hitting a tree, going off a cliff, heading straight into water... and dying.
  • irreversible wet brain should we indulge too often.
  • blackouts.  Sure, you're drunk.  Too bad you won't remember any skills, recipes, etc. you gained.
  • injury.  Next time you log in, you find random bruises and bleeds of no discernible origin. 

However, that's just me :rolleyes:

One thing I would like to request though is that any benefit, bonus or advantage gained by getting drunk also have a non-alcoholic option to reach that effect.  I obviously don't mean the titles, which I don't really see as points of pride myself, but as a general rule my toon does not partake in alcoholic bevies and I'd really like the chance of sticking with that.

Perhaps the idea of not having a big emphasis on getting drunk while still allowing alcohol in game is that, as in real life, the idea is to enjoy it in moderation... Moderation really isn't my style so refraining entirely is a better option.  Safer for the world at large if I stay that route :D  which is why I ask for interesting non-alcoholic alternatives as well.

Thanks!  and cheers, as I used to say, the liver is evil and must be punished.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2016 at 7:12 AM, Reylaark said:

Must admit my first reaction was rather salty...:angry: as in:

• sure, and let's add some really nasty hangovers while we're at it.
  • make it impossible to control a large cart or chariot while drunk.  Random possibility of hitting a tree, going off a cliff, heading straight into water... and dying.
  • irreversible wet brain should we indulge too often.
  • blackouts.  Sure, you're drunk.  Too bad you won't remember any skills, recipes, etc. you gained.
  • injury.  Next time you log in, you find random bruises and bleeds of no discernible origin. 

However, that's just me :rolleyes:

One thing I would like to request though is that any benefit, bonus or advantage gained by getting drunk also have a non-alcoholic option to reach that effect.  I obviously don't mean the titles, which I don't really see as points of pride myself, but as a general rule my toon does not partake in alcoholic bevies and I'd really like the chance of sticking with that.

Perhaps the idea of not having a big emphasis on getting drunk while still allowing alcohol in game is that, as in real life, the idea is to enjoy it in moderation... Moderation really isn't my style so refraining entirely is a better option.  Safer for the world at large if I stay that route :D  which is why I ask for interesting non-alcoholic alternatives as well.

Thanks!  and cheers, as I used to say, the liver is evil and must be punished.

+1 With what Rey said too.

On 29/11/2016 at 6:11 AM, Ostentatio said:

Currently:

1. Alcohol fills the water bar.

well that's just silly

+1