Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

Desolation(v3) - 100 skill, 10 action, 1048, PVP - wurm-desolation.com

5 hours ago, akaedis said:

I was offered to buy GM for 30$, Mythmoor is terrible IMO. And Desolation so far is pretty good from what i hear, But what i was saying was if it's new way to gather a population is leaching off other servers success, That is scummy and i probably wouldn't recommend desolation to anyone because of that. 

I would like to settle this particular question once and for all.

I have not and I will not, ask players to reach out to other servers to steal people away. I honestly don't see the point of doing it. Ruins the overall WU server community aspect and doesn't serve any point anyway.

People will try whatever servers they want to.

With respect to the player community I am also not going to direct them in how to behave off the server. On the server I require civil behavior and fair play so people have fun. Off server people have to take their own responsibility for how they behave.

• Like 5

figured i would give this server a shot.  Seems ok so far.  I like how body stats are capped, high end meditation skills are available right away and the reduced local size.  Looks to be some promise here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hankrearden said:

figured i would give this server a shot.  Seems ok so far.  I like how body stats are capped, high end meditation skills are available right away and the reduced local size.  Looks to be some promise here.

We also have working archery towers, working traps, working strange devices, custom spawn gear and numerous other tweaks with more on the way.

7 minutes ago, Nappy said:

We also have working archery towers, working traps, working strange devices, custom spawn gear and numerous other tweaks with more on the way.

I set 90 traps which dehorsed proph and killed his champ troll

Fun server 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

I set 90 traps which dehorsed proph and killed his champ troll

Fun server 

Wow - 90 traps seems like a lot. Good thing they decay and disappear with time!

Perhaps we need to create a new craftable item called a "minefield flag".

3 hours ago, Nappy said:

any plans on doing some things with underground structures?

1 hour ago, hankrearden said:

any plans on doing some things with underground structures?

Once they are released we will look into them.

Players can make suggestions in our suggestions thread as well. We all read them.

New peak [22:02:48] 46 other players are online. You are on Desolation - pvp 100x skill 10x action - wurm-desolation.com (47 totally in Wurm).

go back some pages and you can find the IP.  I have had to connect that way at least the first time every day it seems

Server was originally hosted on Citadel. When it migrated something got messed up with the steam server list. Tried a bunch of things to fix it including firewall rules, configuration files, database entries. I guess I need to do a bit more checking.

158.69.123.104 port is default (3724).

1 hour ago, MightySheep said:

Whats the deal with this server, it doesnt show up on the listings https://wurm-unlimited.com/servers/players/ 

Its not on the website nor the client listings, I'm not convicned it isnt a totally made up server.

its a conspiracy

ive given in and joined this server.... seems good tho

Is it just me or is the http://wurm-desolation.com/ forum a pile of trash? I wanted to make a thread asking about the kingdom balance but I cant even work out which subforum to post it in. Nappy literally made 10 subforums for himself and 2 subforums for the players, it's hilarious. If you're not posting a PvP report or a suggestion then there's no place for you.

I'm thinking about joining this server but I get zero response from people in the MR kingdom chat. HOTS seems too OP, its lame to join an already winning team. I would never join JK, hated that kingdom for years not about to stop. Is there no MR players here? Dead kingdom or what?

Edited by MightySheep

32 minutes ago, MightySheep said:

Is it just me or is the http://wurm-desolation.com/ forum a pile of trash? I wanted to make a thread asking about the kingdom balance but I cant even work out which subforum to post it in. Nappy literally made 10 subforums for himself and 2 subforums for the players, it's hilarious. If you're not posting a PvP report or a suggestion then there's no place for you.

I'm thinking about joining this server but I get zero response from people in the MR kingdom chat. HOTS seems too OP, its lame to join an already winning team. I would never join JK, hated that kingdom for years not about to stop. Is there no MR players here? Dead kingdom or what?

Hey there, Yes, the forum will be probably updated, that is why there is Suggestion place, you can put which sub-forums, etc should be.

To balance out kingdoms you should join JK or MR. Both kingdoms will probably greet you ;)

Point of contacts for kingdoms : 

HOTS : Bigsteve Propheteer Egard Brandy

MR : Carmichael Blinksys Jalordon 

JK : Ruxin Satyrns Dann Roarindrake 

47 minutes ago, MightySheep said:

MR's active timezone isnt this early in the morning, they get pretty active from 2PM EST onwards.

Edited by Propheteer

48 minutes ago, MightySheep said:

While the feedback is appreciated perhaps you would care to provide more detail on what you think is needed on the forums website since so far no one who is actually on the server has voiced a complaint or concern. Your post seems to be lacking in real details.

You also fail to mention that the website contains maps of the servers, configuration details of server modifications and transparency around GM rulings.

The server had a peak yesterday of 53 people actively logged in at the same time with solid representation from all kingdoms including MR. 

We welcome new players to the server. Hopefully you will actually spend time getting some experience with the server before you continue to complain about it.

I didnt say it in my previous post because I thought it was obvious: "GENERAL DISCUSSION" and maybe "OFFTOPIC" would be good starts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MightySheep said:

You can join us in MR. There arent many of us since the Prophlight Exodus but welcome

2 hours ago, Egard said:

Point of contacts for kingdoms : 

HOTS : Bigsteve Propheteer Egard Brandy

MR : Carmichael Blinksys Jalordon 

JK : Ruxin Satyrns Dann Roarindrake 

Don't forget the best of all, Chiefbanana

Edited by Alexgopen

May 24 - [NEW], Alignment ticks, Sacrifice favor, New character message

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Tue May 24, 2016 5:33 pm

- New players with active new player buffs will have [NEW] next to their name in local display as well as when you hover over them
- Alignment ticks now happen every 2 minutes
- New character creation message has been updated to "For kingdom balance join MR"
- Double favor items for all priest types are now the same. Lib priests can sacrifice door locks and get the double favor, Fo priests can sacrifice Yo-yos etc
- Updates to Anti-cheat mod
- Corrected issue with [NEW] player name not disappearing from local when player left local
- EXPERIMENTAL feature - When players die there is now a respawn timer. First death 0 seconds, 2nd death 30 seconds, 3rd death 60 seconds etc - Intention is to reduce ability of players using alts to interfere with PVP - More fine tuning expected
- Changed some depot loot
  • Like 2

Been playing for close to a month now, good GM feedback, community is pretty solid so far.

On 5/23/2016 at 1:09 AM, ownerpure5 said:

Some fun last night.

god damn, worst boat captain 2016.

6 hours ago, MightySheep said:

Most people do not use forums for servers. It is a nice effort by admins to make a good server model for people to use, but then the Admins feel cheated for spending that time and it not getting used. I can understand it. A more constructive critisism would have been more welcomed I am sure. Tell him what you think is missing/needed, Nappy is good about doing stuff when suggested and makes sense. However nobody wants to respond to "pile of trash".

In a PVP server like this you also have to remember WURM pvp communication is generally tightly contained, and they wouldn't talk much on the forums anyway, the things they want to post and brag about will likely go in this thread to keep the server bumped.