Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

Desolation(v3) - 100 skill, 10 action, 1048, PVP - wurm-desolation.com

We may have the higher population, but do not have good PvP ready population.

New challenge island has been added to the server. This new addition to the PVP allows someone to issue a challenge to a player or group of players and have it played out in a battle arena. It will be interesting to see how well this works in practice as we trial it.

Another area of personal interest to me is the discovery that at least 5 people playing on the server have never played WO. All of these players are new to both Wurm and Wurm PVP so it's very nice to see them experience this here.

I checked this server out a little bit, it had some horrible lag spikes going on, what's up with that?

47 minutes ago, raidsoft said:

I checked this server out a little bit, it had some horrible lag spikes going on, what's up with that?

I think our hosting provider had some challenges last night which ultimately ended with them most likely restarting their hosting server. 

Lag seems non-existent right now (typically lag isn't a huge problem on the server) so please give it another try.

~Nappy

[23:32:22] 27 other players are online. You are on Desolation - pvp 100x skill 10x action - wurm-desolation.com (28 totally in Wurm).

noice

i like this server, i dont currently play it anymore because i dont like WU too much, but i like this server

Come try out our supply depot that is hidden in a maze and guarded by working archery towers and strange devices. Often functional traps are also scattered throughout.

E1frFPO.jpg

3 hours ago, Propheteer said:

only pvp server worth playing

:^

GBls84k.png

• Like 3

Bump, pretty active and fun pvp server, a must try for those from epic or chaos who are in search for pvp.

[20:11:04] Propheteer is now a Champion of Libila!

Glory to Libila!

Pretty fun PvP server to play on. :)

May 16 - Server migration, lag cleanup, bountymod update

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 pm

- Server has been moved to a new physical server in a new data center. Performance should be better and lag issues reduced 

- Some people are reporting the server not appearing in Steam server list - Connect by ip - 158.69.123.104 using the default port(3724). After first connection server will appear in list again. I am looking into why this is happening
Edited by Nappy

In a desperate plea, JK needs you! Join us and your first scale armor and adamantine weapon will be given to you quickly! 

Also - if anyone else has the ability to record PVP, it would be great to get more videos instead of just my perspective. In addition, if you do record and if you want to participate, i could use your videos to create montages called "this week on desolation". Maybe we could bring back Stormray and his beautiful voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAxPWkvBqqQ

May 17 - Anti-cheat, scale color, epic missions, crop growth, lag cleanup

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Today's update features the following changes:

- Installation of anti-cheat version 1. Removes several abilities that were recently listed in the "Cheat to win thread", like underground visibility of unrevealed veins, long range visibility of treasure chests etc. This mod will continue to evolve with time

- Scale in the Supply Depot will now come in random colors like blue, green, white, red etc. So if you want scale that isn't red consider visiting the depot

- Supply Depot message changed to "The supply depot just refilled!" to avoid confusion should we ever move past having one supply depot on the server

- Tweaked server settings to hopefully fix issue where server doesn't appear in Steam server list (feedback needed on this from someone who hasn't logged in to server since server migration)

- Tweaked field crop settings so crops grown slower then before server migration yet faster then since server migration

- Changed epic missions limit for give missions to 1 so that avatars despawn correctly

- Removed about 15,000 abandoned logs, rock shards, dirt piles as preventive lag maintenance

- New teamspeak server configuration is underway. Hopefully we will move to it tomorrow

- Supply depot has moved to a new location
Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1