Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

[ABANDONED] Arkoniks Hitching Post mod

I might not completely understand what you meant. But from what I could understand, I might have done the client patching in the wrong order.

So I went back and reinstalled the Wurm client. Then downloaded ago client loader. Then renamed serverpacks.disabled to serverpacks.properties Then ran the patcher.bat

After this I started the client from Steam and I still see bags instead of model.

As a last resort I restarted the server and tried again with no change.

Do you have anything in your packs subdirectory other then the three default jar files?

i would like to add this mod to my mod collection here

my little question is now, is this mod compatible with the server mod loader from ago?

thanks for your information ;)

Eject

Edited by Eject

Eject Ago ported it in to the server mod loader. He has it with the demo packages.

1 hour ago, Xyp said:

Eject Ago ported it in to the server mod loader. He has it with the demo packages.

ah ok, thank you xyp =) 
i am very carefully with the demo mods, but its good to know that this mod is in the projectlist of Ago, i will look at it

Eject

It wont work on my server.... I installed the mod. But cant get it to come on the server..

If this is installed on a mod loader server it will crash the game in the most recent version.

The error I saw was related to a brown cow hitched to a tent and someone would kill a random brown cow and it would crash the game. It's the only mod that could be related.

followed the instructions, and loaded the game, got missing textures for EVERYTHING. the ground, the sky, my walls etc. too much guesswork man your instructions are vague at best.

Do you have serverpacks mod enabled and configured correctly on you server and client?

NM, thought it was the other hitching mod. That one uses ago mod loader.

Edited by bigsteve

This one is likely quite outdated. I would suggest Ago's version. It was this mod ported to Ago's by Ago. I have my own version, where I made some changes to Ago's to use different materials to create it, and the wooden fence as the model. This way clients didn't need any mod or packs to enjoy it.

yea this mod is out dated when ago put it in his pack i stopped messing with it. Most people use the modloader for server and client. I on the other hand  hard code my moding in straight with CC's code. Once CC send out the API Most of all I've done will port in it easy just by adding some more code. A lot of what I've done moding is basically making my own temp API  while waiting for a official API.

It's best to use the one with ago's modloader than mine here cause I stopped updating it.

On 12/11/2015 at 7:21 PM, Spage said:

I have installed ago's mod on both server and client. I have then installed this on the server as well, made sure that the serverpacks are renamed and result is getting bags instead of actual model.

On unpatched clients I get a pm from modloader which leads me to believe that the server is trying to send something?

Please can anyone help me.

Same issue here.  I guess I am not clear on what needs to be installed on server vs on client.  Does the client need to be modded also?  (I did watch the video but did not grasp fully what was being said).

I have a bunch of functioning sandbags with question marks - with animals hitched to them.  I added ago's modloader to my client and restarted the client  - no difference.  What am I missing?

What also need to be installed and working is

Serverpacks on both client and Server, this will allow the server to send the hitching post graphics pack to the client.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire. 

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.