Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Unique creatures respawned – new loot system! Registration email issues.

First of all we have to warn that registrations and password retrieval emails for gmail is failing. We are working on trying to resolve the situation.

We are respawning the uniques all over the board, sometimes of special types. A bit more often than once per month a new unique will spawn as well in the future.

The loot for uniques have changed. Every premium player in the vicinity of the kill will receive some blood in their inventory. This blood is best used to create alchemic potions together with some source salt. Source salt is found in mines or by boiling Source. Every uniques blood creates different types of potions. Usually these potions can be used to enhance a tool in order to for instance increase the max improvement qualitylevel or initial qualitylevel of items created. Furthermore you may find rare of even fantastic bones that can be used to transfer that rarity to an enchantable item. Also you may be able to butcher the skull of a unique. Models for that are coming. The amount of drake and scale yield has been tweaked and severely reduced since it respawns more often instead. There are also small chances of Sorcery items on non-dragon uniques, as well as Seryll and pre-mixed substances(potions) on Valrei creatures.

Mail C.O.D cost when receiving should now be properly updated for containers

To lock an item, you now need to have the key for the lock in inventory

Non-prems may now transfer deeds to premium players. In order to prevent bugs with disbanding, never-been-premiums deed holders may not accept citizens since the characters may become deleted. If a never-been-premium account is deleted, the settlement will disband.

• Like 15

Woohoo!!!!   Awesome changes!!!!!!  Thanks Dev Team!

So have these been respawned now? Thought it was supposed to be with xanadu release?

i can see the bones being worth a lot unless they have a chance to fail then the gamble might lower the value on them. 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, June 2, 2014 - Not productive.
Hidden by Elen, June 2, 2014 - Not productive.

useless crap once again, thanks for making this game worse!

• Like 2

So have these been respawned now? Thought it was supposed to be with xanadu release?

i would say yes this is usually things going live it is a release note not an update. 

Edited by Kegan

Every premium player in the vicinity of the kill will receive some blood in their inventory.

Seems like this could be exploited to some extent by having players *not* on the unique hunt show up just to get credit for the kill (by proximity) - or unintended alts.

Seems like this could be exploited to some extent by having players *not* on the unique hunt show up just to get credit for the kill (by proximity) - or unintended alts.

I don't see a problem with that and how would you ever stop it? I would think that anyone in the kill should have a better chance at the "good" stuff though. 

Edit: Well i think the bones will be on the corpse and not a vicinity drop after reading it again it looks like blood is the only vicinity drop. 

Edited by Kegan

This change has made me displeased, why would you add this without consulting players first? it honestly blows right past me..

Edited by Thrrim

•  ...Usually these potions can be used to enhance a tool in order to for instance increase the max improvement qualitylevel or initial qualitylevel of items created.

That is vague. Does it mean we can get items with ql>100 or that they will be easier to improve?

I don't see a problem with that and how would you ever stop it? I would think that anyone in the kill should have a better chance at the "good" stuff though. 

Yah I'm not sure how you'd stop it.  And I agree on your sentiment

Honestly: The more the merrier = community event instead of bitchfests. Players shouldn't be punished for grouping together for a social event, or benefit from excluding others.

I'm all for this change and the implementation principles behind it :D

• Like 4

That is vague. Does it mean we can get items with ql>100 or that they will be easier to improve?

guess we will have to do some testing, lol

look at the twitter feeds.. 

Rumours of a new The venerable fierce white dragon hatchling is starting to spread.

Awesome update, packed together with a great trailer :)

It mentions respawning uniques but I thought this was only intended for Xanadu or will this be the regular thing now??

Please explain!

Uniques will be regularly respawning across all servers ~1 spawned per month.

Uniques will be regularly respawning across all servers ~1 spawned per month.

I wonder if this is true even if the previous unique wasn't yet killed. We will have max 1 black dragon etc per server at any one time?

I wonder if this is true even if the previous unique wasn't yet killed. We will have max 1 black dragon etc per server at any one time?

It says on the twitter feed for Pristine that only the white and green were spawned so it looks like it is only if the slot is open for the dragon so it only spawns the ones that were dead. 

https://twitter.com/Pristineserver

Any reports to how the AI is working is it fixed so they can not be penned? 

Edited by Kegan

Good job. Im not even out of work yet and half of them on elevation are dead. Apparently no on in JK has a job. LOL

Edited by Youngsoldier
  • Like 1

Good job. Im not even out of work yet and half of them on elevation are dead. Apparently no on in JK has a job. LOL

Why are you so surprised? It happens everytime

• Like 1

killed forest giant eariler and won the giant walnut item - can you explain how and what these do?

[16:32:20] This giant walnut has been picked on Valrei, home of the gods. Strange powers may dwelve within! It has 3 charges left.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this