Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Weapon Skill Changes

• Weapon skillgain for low quality/damage weapons was too high and weapon skill gain was tweaked upwards a bit overall.
  • Archery skillgain for using shafts on creatures was a bug borderline exploit. 11 players on Epic with archery skill above 75 were assumed to have used this and were tweaked down towards 75. Their body control were also tweaked towards 30 by the same amount (4/5ths). Skills on Epic will be kept in order like this so report these situations faster. Archery skillgain is now more tied to damage dealt as well.

View the full article
  • Like 1

Well let's hope "step 2: making hunting with arrows fun and profitable" comes soon, then!

sweet....good bye epic. Absolute joke how I can log in and find my account ruined after spending 2+ gold on sleep powder and around 2 gold on referrals not to mention the hours and hours imping arrows to grind my body control.

sweet....good bye epic. Absolute joke how I can log in and find my account ruined after spending 2+ gold on sleep powder and around 2 gold on referrals not to mention the hours and hours imping arrows to grind my body control.

Well knowing the crazy grinder you are I'd you and maybe one other person were the only people who did it legit, I can kinda vouch for Warrior he is a probably one of the most craziest grinders I know.

95% of it is legit, I dabbled in arrow shafts for a bit to polish off to 50 bc. Not that it matters

Sad people AGAIN are abusing bugs/exploits. Such obvious ones too.

• Like 1

I too know how much work, money and time Warrior put into making his account as good as it is.

Same goes for when 15 people exploited Fightskill on Wild and everyone got reverted back to 50/60FS. Sucks that Rolf has to go and do this but his reasoning is justified. Also sucks that a handful of people go and ruin it for others again.

Edited by Rudie

95% of it is legit, I dabbled in arrow shafts for a bit to polish off to 50 bc. Not that it matters

Wait.... what? You had 50 body control on Epic? On Wild/Freedom I can imagine that is easily plausible, but I just can't imagine anyway on Epic anyone can legit get 50 body control legit on Epic. I know some of the best crafters - Gomeo, Trollface, Nefretiti, Father, these guys (and gal) craft so much and I think are all <40 BC.

Edited by Postes

As MR I grinded to 41-42 body control purely fletching, low ql arrows, 50ql woa/coc carving knife, with sb gives about 0.12 bc an hr. As MR i played for 1-2 months hitting fatigue pretty much everyday, most of it with sb...just to give you an idea.

I then Got my fs up to 77 or something, got to like 80-85 archery. Archery is how I got the next 5 or so points of bc, I did it with an interesting technique, which I'm not gonna tell you guys.

Finally, the rest I finished off with arrow shafts on alts, It honestly wasn't that much faster then hunting, but it was more convenient as I didn't have to go sail for a couple of hours to get to prime archery spots.

I agree with what Rolf has done, I think it's fair because it's hard for him to know who used this exploit and who didn't. I'm just really disgruntled and disapointed with all the money that I spent on sleep bonus to get the skills I have. Now I just can't be bothered playing epic and grinding up bc again because the same thing could happen in a few months when another exploit is found.

interesting technique, which I'm not gonna tell you guys.

arrow shafts on alts

...Yeah, but sounds shady and a bit vague. I mean shooting shafts at alts should of been removed a long time ago, but I don't know. I think when people go "bending" the way the game is meant to be played and doing "interesting techniques" it's just a bit too sketchy for me personally. Sorry, I mean I don't doubt you grinded but I also don't doubt Rolf just randomly went around and nerfed everyone even the innocent people who have high skills and you're just a victim, I think you probably engaged in whatever this was if you had 50BC. 50BC is just rather... ehh, it's not IMPOSSIBLE, I won't say that. It's just very unlikely anyone got it that high so quickly legit. Yes you grind hours till fatigue but the system only allows so much BC gain till it slows down like molasses with the curve. Just all sounds fishy to me though.

There was a lot of shady stuff going on I suspected for awhile when I was hearing people were getting 90+ archery, especially some people who I knew were not PvPers and from Home servers. I didn't really look into it because I figured it would come back to haunt them anyway. The amount of people who has Marksman was just way too alarmingly high. For example (not accusing), the guy Atazoth from BL, or I think he goes by another name Evilmist or something. He was a nice guy, played on Elevation then took a huge break for months. He didn't PvP, or really do much fighting skills, and next thing I know he returns to the game (talks to me on IRC), then like a week or two later he's saying he has Marksman - 90 archery. I was like what? It sounded way too odd that someone got 90 archery so quickly as he did in a short time.

I am just thankful Rolf is done with WoO and he's punishing exploiters and rolling back skills and not just saying, "Fixed now, they keep the skill." This will least end those uncatchable gaps of skill.

Edited by Postes

meh, i'd tell Rolf how i got bc gains from archery. But I see no reason to tell you. I don't think it really matters now anyhow, I don't think there will be any chance of getting skills or the money I spent back. So whatever, i'll count my losses and move on, I had a lot of fun playing with ya'll on epic and I wish you all well :)

Aye unfortunately theres no real way to divide the legit from the chaff, which I can easily sympathize with. As Rudie mentioned there was the huge reset to Fighting skill after a few were screwing around to name just one example.

Almost generates a lynch mob atmosphere, especially when names are known or suspected.

I was expecting a fix for fighting subskills normal etc. And a fix for fighting skillgain from various mobs.

I was dissapointed.

Yet again a fix nobody asked for.

Edited by atazs

The event logs should be able to prove if one played legit.

I can't imagine it could be difficult to make a simple programm to scan the logs and show what a player did.

Grinding weaponskill needs to give more body stats, it used to give way more.

...Yeah, but sounds shady and a bit vague. I mean shooting shafts at alts should of been removed a long time ago, but I don't know. I think when people go "bending" the way the game is meant to be played and doing "interesting techniques" it's just a bit too sketchy for me personally. Sorry, I mean I don't doubt you grinded but I also don't doubt Rolf just randomly went around and nerfed everyone even the innocent people who have high skills and you're just a victim, I think you probably engaged in whatever this was if you had 50BC. 50BC is just rather... ehh, it's not IMPOSSIBLE, I won't say that. It's just very unlikely anyone got it that high so quickly legit. Yes you grind hours till fatigue but the system only allows so much BC gain till it slows down like molasses with the curve. Just all sounds fishy to me though.

There was a lot of shady stuff going on I suspected for awhile when I was hearing people were getting 90+ archery, especially some people who I knew were not PvPers and from Home servers. I didn't really look into it because I figured it would come back to haunt them anyway. The amount of people who has Marksman was just way too alarmingly high. For example (not accusing), the guy Atazoth from BL, or I think he goes by another name Evilmist or something. He was a nice guy, played on Elevation then took a huge break for months. He didn't PvP, or really do much fighting skills, and next thing I know he returns to the game (talks to me on IRC), then like a week or two later he's saying he has Marksman - 90 archery. I was like what? It sounded way too odd that someone got 90 archery so quickly as he did in a short time.

I am just thankful Rolf is done with WoO and he's punishing exploiters and rolling back skills and not just saying, "Fixed now, they keep the skill." This will least end those uncatchable gaps of skill.

>.> oh lord lectures from posteh....pah-lease.

only ppl that got hurt is the ones that had bc from everything else, ppl like me barely felt the nerf xD

As usual with these nerfs, an awful lot of people were untouched (often the worst offenders).

that is not a lecture.

lol posteh i dont know why you speak here you have self use bug/exploits

and we all know who use 1 he use ever

** 2 gold on referrals **

Since referals sell for around 5-6silver each...and the server has only been open about 7 months....exageration seems to be the norm for your rant. Please continue.

Wait.... what? You had 50 body control on Epic? On Wild/Freedom I can imagine that is easily plausible, but I just can't imagine anyway on Epic anyone can legit get 50 body control legit on Epic. I know some of the best crafters - Gomeo, Trollface, Nefretiti, Father, these guys (and gal) craft so much and I think are all <40 BC.

Does my affinity in BC matter?

With these types of exploits you always have to know when to stop using them i suppose

Sign in to follow this