Sign in to follow this  
Gankthegankeroftheganked

OOC vs IC

I'm talking about IC, which stands for In Character, and OOC, which stands for Out Of Character. While PvPers can be rude and agressive to each other ICley, they should remember to be polite OOCley. Wurm PvP is very high stakes, so it takes a lot of maturity to keep control of ones emotions. While I was on Affliction yesterday, I noticed a lot of foul language exchanged in chat about a conflict between two opposing factions. I find this sort of behavior to be destructive of the true purpose of PvP: to have fun through friendly competition. This is just a game after all.

This is not a thread for name-calling.

Edited by Gankthegankeroftheganked
  • Like 3

I get the impression you think PvP is somehow role playing...

Should I be offended?

What exactly is this thread for?

I think he is just trying to say that just because you kill and hate each other in game, that there is no need to be mean and hateful towards each other in private conversations and out of game. Just because you are opposite factions and fight each other, doesnt immediately make you enemies in RL and/or outside of pvp scenarios =-)

I dont think this has much to do with IC or OOC. I dont have to be IC to kill each other in game. IC and OOC I consider roleplaying terms and have not much to do with this.

Edited by Viti

This happens quite a bit on chaos too. If anything violates the chat harassment rules, in pm or local, you can report it via support.

• Like 1

This is not a thread for name-calling.

MR is full of boring people.

And this is not just a game after all, Rolf wants to put real value to items and characters in-games.

What is this dude talkin about? Can someone explain in very childish English to me what he means?

What is this dude talkin about? Can someone explain in very childish English to me what he means?

"Don't kill people in real life even though they killed you in the game"

• Like 1

"Don't kill people in real life even though they killed you in the game"

Tnx

Someone once asked me: would u assault someone irl that u hate in wurm?

Edited by LorenaMontana
  • Like 2

Tnx

Someone once asked me: would u assault someone irl that u hate in wurm?

and you said " no comment" ?

as much as I like roleplaying you won't see much of it in wurm, it is just how it is, sorry bud

I've been in one side of this "local" exchange a lot and usually I'm the one that starts it. I've been acused about it both by my enemies and my own kingdom.  Although a lot of people get annoyed by trash-talking, it is trash talking and generally "shove it in your enemies face" that motivates war. Even though some of us have said stupid things in local and some others extremelly stupid things in PM, I'm sure that if we all met in a Bar or a Pub we would buy each other drinks and talk about those pvp stories from the past for hours till dawn.

I don't know about the others, but honestly I don't mean most of the things I say. I just do it to taunt people ;)

Edited by Sizzle

I'm not taking about roleplay.

And the title of the thread is "OOC vs IC".

Am I the only one that sees the fun part of this?

Roleplaying is more than talking to eachother in formal old-English. Insulting is part of it, enemies aren't nice to eachother.

Pvpers arent overall more offensive in chat than pve players in wurm, in my experience.

Even though BLH is considered a pvp server, it doesnt have high pvp occurrence at this point. So those you are calling pvpers could be indeed pvpers, or just people playing on a pvp server.

Online behaviour has been looked into on some occasions, for example League of legend has. 

Edited by krinos78

Pvpers arent overall more offensive in chat than pve players in wurm, in my experience.

Even though BLH is considered a pvp server, it doesnt have high pvp occurrence at this point. So those you are calling pvpers could be indeed pvpers, or just people playing on a pvp server.

Online behaviour has been looked into on some occasions, for example League of legend has. 

wut