Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

Catatonic Animals

Will our animals ever move again?  They stand and make packed dirt and begin to starve unless you go replant the grass or move them yourself.  It fine is you have only a few animals, but its kind of a pain when you have many.

So, please fix this. ... .. thank you .. thank you very much, in advance. ... thank you.

• Like 1

it does yes..my mood is greatly improved.. thank you .. thank you very much

• Like 3

mine have not been moving nor do the wild deer move on my deed. They have been on the same tile for weeks and are now dying. I think it has to do with something that happened 3-4 weeks ago, the deer made it onto my deed back then and after an update they have stood there ever since. Same goes for my animals in pens.

Mine have still been moving, if that makes you feel better.

Hey dummy! That's because I move them daily!

/facepalm what do you think your paying me for???

• Like 1

Now, I know that saddles cause them to not move... perhaps the issue that you are seeing?

30 horses, only 1 saddled.  None have moved for at least 4 or 5 days now, even when standing on packed dirt and "grass growing wildly" 2 tiles away.

I have to move them manually to the grass tile.

1 Deer has been standing on pavement for the same time frame - loss of "fat" tag

2 Unicorns standing on packed dirt tiles on deed - no movement, loss of "fat" tag"

Something is certainly not working correctly

• Like 1

30 horses, only 1 saddled.  None have moved for at least 4 or 5 days now, even when standing on packed dirt and "grass growing wildly" 2 tiles away.

I have to move them manually to the grass tile.

1 Deer has been standing on pavement for the same time frame - loss of "fat" tag

2 Unicorns standing on packed dirt tiles on deed - no movement, loss of "fat" tag"

Something is certainly not working correctly

Exactly - its a bit critical with pregnant horses if they lose fat tag,  and so much more work to move all the horses around.

But also Spiders and other critters do not move til you hit them directly and run away. But I noticed bears and wolves are still roaming around.... AI is broken in some ways

yeah but is it being worked on?

Addeny, I don't schedule the dev's work, all I can do is help report and reproduce bugs.  I try to respond here when I'm able to confirm that it has been reported.  I look forward to a fix as well.

its the annual horder culling... be it bugged fences or zapping enchanted grass, happens at least once a year. give it a few weeks then go collect them all over again in the steppe.

• Like 1

Well, it seems like the real problem is that you have too many horses! :)

As I always say, you should walk your horse daily.

• Like 1

its the annual horder culling... be it bugged fences or zapping enchanted grass, happens at least once a year. give it a few weeks then go collect them all over again in the steppe.

I don't know if you were saying this in jest or not, but the longer I play this game the more it seems like these things aren't happening on accident, or the result of some bug.  Or, if it is a bug, it's not really fixed in any sort of timely manner because "screw animal horders; amirite?"

Which begs the question?  Why does anyone care how many animals one has or doesn't have?  Is this about lag or database numbers? 

I thought this game was a sandbox.  If I want to horde animals, isn't that my prerogative?  Why do I get this sense that I'm working against the developer to play in this "sandbox"?

• Like 1

Well, it seems like the real problem is that you have too many horses! :)

As I always say, you should walk your horse daily.

Case in point.  The only person who should decide that there are too many horses are the ones that have them. 

Incidentally, this game already requires more work to tend to animals than they do in real life because every time Rolf restarts the server, the disease mechanic kicks in.  No matter what you do prior to the restart, you can be sure that after a server restart diseases will be thrown around. 

Rolf, if you don't want your player base to horde animals, just make it a rule.  Define a limit.  At least then I don't feel like the things you do are underhanded. 

The animal ratio for deeds was suppose to be his way of limiting hording and no im not joking when i say it happens all the time. If anything there is more game changes to reduce animals on deed then there are fixes to support it.

The animal ratio for deeds was suppose to be his way of limiting hording and no im not joking when i say it happens all the time. If anything there is more game changes to reduce animals on deed then there are fixes to support it.

I assumed that when he added the ratio nonsense it was because he was just trying to encourage folks for larger deeds, not that he had a beef for how many animals someone has.  Why would he care?

I understand how greed works.  Add in ratio because he wants to pressure people into getting larger deeds which in turns = more SEK for him.  But, why does he care how many dogs I breed? 

uh if you go back to fights in the forums for the last few years you will see how the farmer kind of gameplay sits on the stink list. To be honest the enchanted grass nerf was the worst nerf he implemented. Tried to justify it by saying it wasnt intended to live forever, funny because i never saw anything saying that wasnt the intent until a few grumps complained about people having to many animals and they didnt have any. When the ratio system was implemented, enchanted grass should have been changed back since ratios would cull the herds if they got to big.

I would like to add now, .. the animals are moving a bit, but it is still a problem, they are not moving very often.. or should I say,  often enough.  The number of animals we have on deed is well within the ratio  requirement. I just don't understand how this happened, someone said it was broken when they started letting the mobs eat the animals. However it happened, is there a movement dial we can turn up? The problem is still there, just not as bad as it was. Thank you.

Edited by notstupidbobb

The only animals I have seen move at all is a new foal that was born last night.  

The rest just eat down to dirt and seem to be standing in the same spot they were before.

I just don't understand how this happened, someone said it was broken when they started letting the mobs eat the animals. 

That's exactly when (and probably what caused it to happen). 

Edited by As_I_Decay

I did have a couple that  moved .. but certainly not all , no no no .... only a few.. and not regularly, they moved maybe twice.. sooo improvement????

Standing in my grazing pens right now, I am watching a bull that spawned outside of the pens walk from tile to tile. He must've traveled 50+ tiles in the course of 15 minutes. This is on deed.

The 3 horses I have in the 5x5 field I am standing in haven't moved from their positions in 3 weeks, unless I manually move them.

Edited by As_I_Decay

My dogs are running around.

Deers move.

Pigs don't even move for food 1 tile over.

I think 1 hen has moved.

Pheasants don't move.

Horses don't move, but a couple of foals have moved.

Bisons don't move - young ones grow to adolescent and are still standing under the mother, unless moved manually.

Cows and bulls I haven't paid enough attention to, but if they are moving, it isn't much.

Animals on deed in general just don't move, and off deed the critters are piling up against fences.

If the ondeed situtation stays this way, I can at least take the few advantages that come with it, and knock down all the extra fences that were put up to prevent animals from all bunching up in the NE corner of big pens. But I assume there will be further tweaks to the AI, so I guess I should leave all those fences in.