Sign in to follow this  
Guest Docterchese

Bomb Blasts In Boston

Very sad to hear that there has been a series of bomb blasts in Boston, coinciding with the marathon there, potentially resulting in multiple deaths and many injuries. The story is still developing atm.

All news websites have information flying around atm. Live broadcasting of police radios here: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254/web

Other than that, I won't report anything more than to say that it's happening right now, since there is so much contrasting information. Really hope that a lot of the rumours about there being more devices around aren't true though . :-/

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Tpikol, April 16, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Tpikol, April 16, 2013 - No reason given

Cool!

Bomb blasts were confirmed as well in the JFK library in Boston where there is now/was a fire

Apparently they've found 5 devices, JFK library I've heard it as being a bomb, an incendiary device or just a electrical fire.

20 year old Saudi national in custody according to NY Post

20 year old Saudi national in custody according to NY Post

I think the police commissioner said that was untrue :)

Condolences to those hurt in Boston and to their families... :(

Hope any Bostonite Wurmians are okay, I bet they're too busy helping out to let us know if they are okay though :)

there are bombings daily in afghanistan

Yeah but that's not the west so we don't care as much lol. Sad but true...

Hopefully those people had life insurance and if they were all adults, hopefully they had kids (living on).

"My thoughts go out to them" - not that it makes any difference.

Edited by Maozorz

there are bombings daily in afghanistan

So you go to a funeral and tell the widow "meh, people die every day in South America"

And then we can go to the mourning people in south america and tell them "meh, people die to bombs every day in Afghanistan"

and THEN we can go to afghanistan, and tell all the mourning families "Meh, people die of aids every day in Africa"

bottom line, you are a jerk for the lines I quoted from you.

Homework: Work on your empathy, you are a person, just like the 8yo boy that died in that bombing, and just like the parents who lost their child in this tragedy, regardless of the scale, or the body count.

:( thats bad news I hope they can prevent that more people get hurt :o

Homework: Work on your empathy, you are a person, just like the 8yo boy that died in that bombing, and just like the parents who lost their child in this tragedy, regardless of the scale, or the body count.

Tuesday's quake was the second significant one in Iran in a week. An April 9 earthquake near the country's only nuclear power plant killed 37 people and injured at least 850 more, leaving entire villages devastated.

Shall we start a thread for every piece of news out there

Jesus Christ people effectively minusing a thread about this? What the hell is wrong with you

• Like 2

It's just standard that people would make threads about attacks closer to home (if not at home) rather than about those that happen halfway round the world in a very different country and culture. It's mad if anyone seriously questions that. (lol)

I was watching the news at 3pm when it just happened. I saw all the ppl taking cell phone pics as it happened and can hear ppl talking. One guy was standing there and a leg flew past his head. They ran and gave the person his belt to stop the bleeding. Lots of ppl lost limbs in this. They said there were pellets in the bomb.

Then they shut the cell phone service cause they think they used that to set the bombs off. :(

Atleast not more died. Hope they catch the dirtbag(s)

• Like 1

Tuesday's quake was the second significant one in Iran in a week. An April 9 earthquake near the country's only nuclear power plant killed 37 people and injured at least 850 more, leaving entire villages devastated.

Edited by Shrimpiie

I feel sorry for the innocent lives lost in those tragedies as well... and had you taken the time to make a post concerning them, I would have responded by posting my condolences as well.

Regarding your comment "Shall we start a thread for every piece of news out there"...I would have to reply: Well, considering there are over 780,000 posts on this Wurm Forum todate, most of which are really meaningless, make-believe entertainment; surely there can be nothing wrong with posting a few lines of empathy for some real life losses by innocent people.

Either you are young and naive and have never experienced real life loss (in which case I hope you dont have to grow up soon, cause ignorance is truely bliss in this case),

OR...

You have experienced so much loss that have become jaded and dead inside ( in which case I feel genuine pity for you )....

Edited by Thorin
  • Like 1

Okay.. Fraid it's time fer me to rant.

It's surprising to us Americans some heartless people would bomb innocent civilians at a RUNNING race and in Boston. To bomb innocent civilians and the JFK library is an Act of Terrorism. By hula girls posts logic, 9/11 was just as significant as two people dying in some godforsaken part of the world. Acts of Terrorism are not Earthquakes, it is not Nature taking its own course. ( HEY! Iranians, don't build yer nuclear facilities and villages on fault lines.)

Acts of Terrorism in Boston, or New York, or on any soil owned by America are a direct attack ON America, and her people. The bomber(s) have committed crimes, and in a sense declared battle on America.

I hope dearly they are brought to justice, and dealt punishment accordingly to the crime they have committed. Acts of Terrorism and Murder.