Ronnie

Deeds And This New Roaming System

33 members have voted

1. 1. Deeds to safe now?

• Yes, and it should be changed
    • Yes, but I like it
    • No, but could use some tweaking
    • No, its just fine

After the new critter roam system has been put in deeds seem to be completely safe without the need of putting up walls any more. Yes you can lead aggro monsters onto your deed but other then that, nothing will ever come onto it "threatening" your home. I think instead of totally avoiding deed tiles, should have a lower chance to roam onto deed tiles but not avoid altogether.

They seem to have a lower chance to walk on deed now as compared to the day that the change to the animal cap was implemented. Though Rolf's note on tumblr doesn't match up to what's occuring in the game so who knows...

No. It's perfect as is, no more templars killing creatures en masse.

• Like 1

Right now it is exactly how I always wanted it to be. I used to complain that it was almost impossible to bait a mob onto a deed (back when they avoided them like mad), and since that changed to the suicidal tendencies it seems like you couldn't get rid of the templar spam. Now, it's just right - you can get some easy meat if you just put in a little effort. Deeds SHOULD be safe places, the templar turns them into a safe haven if you are under attack.

No. It's perfect as is, no more templars killing creatures en masse.

I still have a few that wander onto the deed themselves. And I have accidentally lured some onto the deed that were hiding amongst the trees while I was working near the edge of my deed.

If anything, a LOT more areas outside deeds are dangerous. I suspect it ain't easy being a noob these days.

I vote no its just fine.

Personally I like agro's to wonder on my deed but I feel this is a good compromise between deed holder and hunter if they don't.

You can still pull a mob and use the templar as a tank so my game play has not changed really, except there is no more pizza deliveries to my deed boundry. :D

Don't use templars, so... meh. They were pretty much useless in pve before, now, why bother.

If anything wildlife should only avoid deeds with templars so they still retain their usefulness for protection but don't serve as a 24/7 hunting service.

I'm with theo... only avoid deeds that have templars and thus increase the need to spend silver :P cha ching! that being said i now have 100 less animals dying on my deeds ;( sad sad

Dude its fine why do you want it changed, if animals wandered in the ratio would drop and our animals will get sick so , no thanks im fine how it is now :D if you feel its too safe then dont get a deed, there are plenty of things out there

Dude its fine why do you want it changed, if animals wandered in the ratio would drop and our animals will get sick so , no thanks im fine how it is now :D if you feel its too safe then dont get a deed, there are plenty of things out there

Exactly that + irl Animals would not be that stupid to continue running into dead.

And no need to clean the Borders every Day for 2h is great too.

Froob alts left logged in on deed 24/7 to aggro critters on deed for meat ;)

Froob alts left logged in on deed 24/7 to aggro critters on deed for meat ;)

Not sure if Exploit

fry.PNG?1307468855

Or genius

They still wander on to deeds now and then they are not 100% safe.

I am in a heavily deeded area right by blossom.

So -1 and its fine as it is you still get critters once in a while and can aggro them on deed as well.

[03:04:34] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Venerable troll!

[03:12:57] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Adolescent black wolf!

[03:15:49] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Adolescent huge spider!

[03:22:20] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Venerable mountain lion!

[03:54:19] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Venerable troll!

[04:11:19] <Spirit templar> I'll take care of Aged huge spider!

These have wandered on deed since I logged in.

Edited by Protunia

This was the worst idea ever. Not only are they killing the templar need and a money income cause you can basically now kill them off saving silver every month now I'll never get a mob.

I still think it would be wise to allow the deed owner the option to allow mobs to spawn on there deed agro and hostel threw some sort of token option. Not everyone who plays want's this and why this was done with out pleasing both sides is a insane implementation.

I'm no care bear I hate pvp but I love my PVE danger. How do we players get our danger now who own huge deeds and multple deeds at that side by side?

In fact you are killing my interest in Wurm with stunts like this. Now I have to travel 30 plus tiles 50 to 100 in some directions to even get my hands on a mob thats if i can find one or 2 between the other deed holders. Looks like the construction is getting old cause lack of new walls etc... to keep it on going only thing I had on the side was to go hunting now thats gone that hunting server idea is looking better every min that was in the suggestions panel.

• Like 1

-1. It seems to work perfectly now. When I started playing, you had to trick aggros past a deed corner to get them on to deed and be killed by templars. Then it was bugged for a few years where they would just mindlessly head for deeds to die like lemmings on templars. Now its fine, nothing needs changing.

If anything wildlife should only avoid deeds with templars so they still retain their usefulness for protection but don't serve as a 24/7 hunting service.

You need templars to preserve your KOS rights. You should also need them to keep the lights on and fences up, but somehow upkeep magically does that without the templar being hired.

Instead a hunters deed can be made by redefining templar aggro to mean they keep the mobs at bay so they dont cross the line most of the time, but is there to take out the few that do. Templar no-aggro (or no templar) means he does not do that and the mobs are free to spawn and wander on deed without templar interference. This would solve the need for a hunting server, as well as all the recent posts about griefers destroying off-deed or perimeter hunting grounds just because they could. You could keep your house safe from everything but trolls using fences in the deed interior, essentially making deed outside fence protected hunting grounds.

Breeders would use templar aggro, Hunters would use templar no-aggro (or no templar).

Edited by yarnevk