Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthropic

Inde Down?

missing grape season now hope we get to have it reset after this i would hate to have to wait 4 months for the season to roll around again

missing grape season now hope we get to have it reset after this i would hate to have to wait 4 months for the season to roll around again

Grape season lasts several days, and if you were harvesting before the crash you will find those grape bushes you harvested have grapes again. Also, a Wurm year is only 45 days, so you won't have to wait 4 months for the next season.

(Reuters) - There has been a terrorist attack in a small village in Sweden, no deaths have been reported. According to the gardener, Fjord Fjordbjorn, eleven men dressed in all black entered through the auxiliary air duct feeding the main climate control unit on the Janssons's smallest guest house near the edge of the estate. They entered and exited the building in total silence in in less than the time it took for him to finish his cigarette. Mr. Fjordbjorn is allowed to live in the land adjacent to the Janssons's estate and was out on his porch having a cigarette when the entire attack went down.

This is the building which Mr. Jansson has given to his daughter to use as a playhouse. It also happens to contain the room that contains the closet in which Mr. Jansson stores his computer servers. Rolf, while not on vacation runs a small internet video game known as "Wurm Online". Although he has sophisticated computer hardware powering the main buildings in the Jansson complex, Rolf knows that vintage server hardware is in style right now. As you would imagine, Mr. Jansson has the resources available to put together the most vintage server of all. This proved too much temptation for the terrorists.

The system employed by Jansson is a complex system of ropes and pulleys all being fed by a single hamster in a wheel. Over time he has been able to put together and train additional pulley/hamster systems to bring more servers online.

The main target of the attack seems to have been the life support systems which Rolf uses in order to keep the 68 year old hamster that runs the "Independence" server wheel alive. We will not know until the official statements are made but initial reports indicate the hamster suffered 83 stab wounds, and was burned with fire. It remains in critical condition at the local county hospital.

Luckily the family was at their new chateau in France and were not in any danger during the attack.

At the time of this reporting it has been approximately 5 hours since the attack, and there is no word from any official on the status of the hamster. We will continue to update this as details emerge.

Update 9:43pm est:

We are recieving updates that Rolf has been informed and is currently debating getting out of bed or going back to sleep.

Update 10:34pm est:

Rolf has decided to go back to sleep.

Update 1:42am est:

Server down over 9 hours now. Supplies are dwindling. We had to eat Sophie.

(Additional reporting by Brian and Sophie; Editing by Jon and Mark)

Edited by Darwin
  • Like 4

I think I have the same blood type if the hamster needs a transfusion....it's the least I can do.

ummm...wow...please fix so these people can get back to their games as they have WAY to much time on their hands..

So we should like see if Rolf is okay, cause its kinda scary right now....

Also what do we do?

Is there like a support group someone can link me?

The withdrawals are scaring me.

Get well soon Rolf <3

Maybe someone should hack into hes house alarm system and set it off.

That will wake him up.

I am under the impression he has no clue its even down, or if anyone can get hold of him to say so.

Ah well i was getting faith up on other same time..

I just hope the hamsters still alive...

Darwin you made my night thats the hardest I have laughed in months. My daughter was in room reading it with me she was laughing too. Thank you for makeing a horrid situation more tolerable.

Trepida

(Reuters) - There has been a terrorist attack in a small village in Sweden, no deaths have been reported. According to the gardener, Fjord Fjordbjorn, eleven men dressed in all black entered through the auxiliary air duct feeding the main climate control unit on the Janssons's smallest guest house

Darwin a brilliant post! Truly did enjoy reading it. You even sounze like a reel lyfe repota! I will not quote the whole post but will only correct you on this one part quoted above. The word "eleven" should be changed to *elven* as only these tiny gnome like creatures could enter this small air duct in the "smallest" guest house. Yes, indeed they were all dressed in black but their small glowing red hats also gave them away as they blinked out through their hooded black head coverings.

I am quite familiar with these gnome culprits, as a number of them dwell near one of my deeds and I am constantly hearing their whisperings within my head as I go about peacefully trying to attend to my own business. Quite disruptive to say the least. While I do try to ignore their seemingly insane ramblings, what I seem to have gathered is that they are extremely resentful of Rolf having turned many of their kin into mere Christmas presents, rather than elevating them to the high status that they deserve from being the true creators of the Wurm building environment. It seems that while Rolf was blundering about trying to create a pvp game, that they were secretly at work transforming his coding into having any benificial and attractive effects transfered into their PvE pyramid building schemes within Wurm. Not that they were attempting to build pyramids but rather pyramiding the benifits to their advantage, as often these schemes attempt to do.

While their efforts were dramatic in the Wurm online games improvements, it seems that Rolf would never attribute any of these positive benifits to the game to them, thus their resentment only grew to smaller proportions (to fit their small size of course) and their war against him began in earnest. It seems that they were now only intent upon making the PvE aspect of the game so superior to the pvp aspect that Rolf loved and envisioned as its future, that they would do anything to improve the PvE gameplay and hatched many subversive plots such as the one you outlined above.

Now while this may be considered hearsay, as it can only be confirmed by putting me under intense psychological scrutiny, which may require some sort of confinement to which I am not willing to submit myself, the aggrivation of these gnome whisperings has clearly disrupted my creative energies within these Wurm environs to the point where I am finally willing to reveal their evil conspiracy. Many have pondered upon what these gnomes were "up to" but as I have know of all of this from the start, I was merely amused to read through their posts which clearly indicated that they had little idea as to their evil intentions.

Now the truth has finally come out as evidenced by their attack on this poor hapless enslaved hamster who was being abused in this manner by Rolf merely to save more of his horded Euros that jingle softly late into the night to lul him quietly into a deep slumber, where he can only dream of his pvp game vision peering through the mist; and yet even here these gnomes harass him constantly as their glowing red hats blink in the darkness as a reminder of their PvE triumps crush his pvp bogglos underfoot.

Yet still, I am surprised that the gnomes have resorted to this outright attack that has exposed their evil nature so plainly to even those who have not been privy, such as myself, to the constant undercurrent of their whisperings hidden deep within the subconcious. This I fear was a bad move on their part which will only resort in the banishment of their statue like relatives to the further corners of the Wurm lands where it will be much more difficult for them to retrieve their gnome bretheren once they overthrow Rolf's shrinking pvp vision, trample it under the stampede of their many tiny feet and turn Wurm into their glorious vision of a PvE game cleared of all taint of any pvp aspects. Thus the sleeping phoenix will arise with their true gnome leader riding upon its back for all to see.

This will come to pass, mark my words! But hey, blame it upon the gnomes not me, for I am merely the whistle tweeter in circumstances put into effect which were totally beyond my control, as my mind wanders in which direction it will, since no constraints can be placed upon it. Safe travels (slow ones anyway) fellow Wurmians.

=Ayes=

servers up....lets play!

Boot this child for spreading lies and deceit.

• Like 1

servers up....lets play!

Your the guy that shows up to an AA meeting with a hang over >:(

Update 10:34pm est:

Rolf has decided to go back to sleep.

LOL!... poor indy

... well it's 07:30 Stockholm time... only a few more hours to go until they discover someone tripped over the extension cord to the Indy/Serenity server as they left work last night.... :o

... We Are Waiting....... We Are Waiting..... We Are Waiting... B)

.... PS... my thanks to the wonderful tale of the "terrorist gnomes attack"... loved it... :rolleyes:

30 minutes into the crash, i'm grinding woodcutting on a brand new toon on chaos...10 hours later...moved on to carpentry....

Rolf, what have you done to me?

I'm a bloomin' addict!

I demand a roll back, a months free prem, 37 hours sleep bonus, a skill buff for the next week, a sandwich, Vynora to personally give me a foot massage and a pint. If these demands are not met I will make hundreds of forum accounts agreeing with inane suggestions rather then just my usual one.

• Like 1

Does the statuette of Fo come with a free bin for me to throw it in?

Did i break it by overloading the freedom market with yet another merchant who will no doubt see several thousand customers in the next week. XD

Woo sleep bonus just ran out as well..*Dances*

my sleep bonuses are almost alwayts full and i use them all the time. I'm going to need something with a kick Just hand me a Cornucopia so i can get one of my major projects done only need it for dirt.