Sign in to follow this  
Gurubear

FORUM UPGRADE - Possibly Wednesday

Just wanted to say, that for MY eyes this forum is so much better then the old dark one...

Apparently different eyes react differently, dunno - but anyway, let's keep in mind that our own way of seeing things is not, just 'because I see it that way', the way it is for all...

So in my mind, the only way to make it pleasant for all eyes, is to have both light and dark backgrounds as possible choices.

Anyhow, I am quite happy with the way it is now, even if some details might have room for further changes.

Better.

Not the black I personally wanted, but definitely better.

I will ask again.

Is it possible to bring recently-added in gallery? It was nice feature to browse new screenshots.

I will ask again.

Is it possible to bring recently-added in gallery? It was nice feature to browse new screenshots.

It was a hack I did on the old gallery that only half worked. I cant do it with this one - sorry. I may upgrade to the pro version which I think might be a bit more versatile.

I don't understand Polan, what's up with the Gallery?

In old gallery we had all categories list and below we had new screenshots. It helped alot because you could check all new uploads without opening categories. I really liked that feature but now it's gone sadly. :(

I love this new forums! Very medieval and easy to read. Awesome work!

I just noticed we got rid of the quote limit. You might want to look at this or we will have to deal with 10 post long quotes..

bottom menu:

? Code Club SE 2011 - Privacy - Terms and Conditions - Game Agreement - Forum - Blog - Wiki - IRC - Community - Support

doesn't work for me (chrome 15)

bottom menu:

? Code Club SE 2011 - Privacy - Terms and Conditions - Game Agreement - Forum - Blog - Wiki - IRC - Community - Support

doesn't work for me (chrome 15)

lol just tried that also when reading this, not clickable either - Chrome xD

Firefox here, and on bottom bar only CodeClub is clickable, all others don't work.

Also 'show unread posts' doesn't work at all - gives zero or 1/2 messages, while there can be 30, 40 or more unread - as shows when I go through the categories.

There is also something funny going on with the childforums - they can show quite a few 'new' icons (and in fact there are new posts there) but when I click on those new-icons they tell me there are no posts new.

The New post side I am not sure about - it is the standard functionality that comes with SMF and I haven't touched it.

The links at the bottom don't all work yet because the new website is not up. They will when it goes up.

I like the style of this new forum design :o but I still would prefer a darker version for my poor eyes XD I'm someone who has very sensitive eyes and so this is actually hurting me abit :/

it must not be the old forum style as option, but just one where you can change from bright ground/dark font to dark ground/white font

and what the hell is that troll doing in the house?O.o

XD

Well I find this forum very hard to read and as a sufferer of migraines this lighter color is not helping at all.  :(

Doesn't have to be a dark color just a few shades darker than it is now.  ::)

A woodgrain or stone background would not be very dark and would look much nicer than it does now.  ;)

Also all the colors would show up much better on such a background. :P

For anyone having issues with the 'Show unread posts since your last visit' keep getting reset to maybe 1 or two posts there is an icon at the bottom of the screen that says 'Show all unread topics'

I've had enough of the diplomacy comments, I can't follow any discussions with this vomit background colour. :/

I've had enough of the diplomacy comments, I can't follow any discussions with this vomit background colour. :/

Did you try switching to the standard curve theme?

I switched back to this wurm theme though, to get back easy acess to blog and wurm website.

I can't find it anywhere under "Account related settings" or "Forum Profile" and my eyes ache when browsing this page for too long. Where do I find this setting? I'd like to see if the other one's any better

When you click forum profile, there is a button in the red bar at the top called Modify profile next to the one called Profile info.

Choose look and layout from the drop down menu, then change on the forum theme setting.

D'oh, I never would've found the dropdown menu embedded in the Profile page. Ever. D: Thanks!

This one's really ugly and generic, but way easier to read.

On the dubject:

All the drop down menues need to be better marked. With either ... or an arrow pointing downwards. Having drop down menues in a sub-menu is definitely not standard, and users do not look for things they don't expect to find in a forum.

When you click forum profile, there is a button in the red bar at the top called Modify profile next to the one called Profile info.

Choose look and layout from the drop down menu, then change on the forum theme setting.

This option does not exist for my account.

I found it.

Wow, the forum profile change feature is very poorly implemented - it should be a dropdown like all the OTHER choosers.

2j5grw6.jpg

Also all the colors would show up much better on such a background. :P

That's a pretty poor argument. Half the available colours barely showed up on the old darker background either.