Sign in to follow this  
Evilreaper

storage alt abuse...

f2p toons drop all items when logged off on pvp enabled servers?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. would you prefer full loot or alt abuse?

I think all items on PvP enabled servers should be like artifacts in that when you log off they drop on the ground... This prevents people from making "storage alts"  which sounds to me like abuse... It's supposed to be "full loot pvp" not "oh crap enemy raiding quick everyone put all your stuff on storage alts and log them PvP"

This will also magically solve all the moronic crying about deeds being too hard to raid when they can't store all their valuables with 100% security

#mytokenismyonlytreasuredonttouchit

Edited by Evilreaper

-1 good luck with getting that implemented ;)

OR see it the other way around, peeps try to protect their belongings, which means they don't want full loot PvP... might be what you need to change to increase the whole PvPing warfare.

also *pick up token on storage alt, raid safety engaged*

i think this will lead to less people wanting to try out pvp

• Like 1

FYI if you -1 this it means you fully support the not-so-full-loot-alt-abuse

And if people know there is more loot worth looting won't they try harder to loot it?

Maybe a happy medium that only prem toons retain their items when logged off? Boosts wurm funding a little and when toons go  unprem their contents spawns on the tile they logged off from?

• Like 1

i'm all for trying to prevent 100% safe ways to store items, but i don't think this is the way, so -1 from me

I thought you stopped trolling the Suggestions forum.

33 minutes ago, Zivirt said:

Unfortunately this is a 100% safe way to

33 minutes ago, Zivirt said:

ays to store items, but i don't think this is the way, so -1 from me

do it, but 

Ignore above these forums are glitchy on my phone... Won't let me edit it lol

35 minutes ago, Zivirt said:

i'm all for trying to prevent 100% safe ways to store items, but i don't think this is the way, so -1 from me

This is the meta and only way to 100% secure items on PvP server besides token which is extremely limited on what you can keep in it...

47 minutes ago, solmark said:

i think this will lead to less people wanting to try out pvp

Lots of people are attracted to wurm because of the lie of full loot PvP, when in reality your "loot" is 99% junk while there would have been mountains of good loot if people didn't have it on storage alts...

15 minutes ago, zigozag said:

I thought you stopped trolling the Suggestions forum.

Smooth move trolling about trolling...

34 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Yeah um, nope.

7 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

I was promised full loot not alt abuse... Where is the loot??? Yea good point you dont Want to lose ot.... Maybe try pve...

It*

Edited by Evilreaper
spelling

1 minute ago, Evilreaper said:

I was promised full loot not alt abuse... Where is the loot??? Yea good point you dont Want to lose ot.... Maybe try pve...

Tried it, disliked it.

While storage alts are a problem when people log them in during a raid, I have no problem with people using them when nothing is going on.

But making everything drop from the inventory is not the right way to combat it, I feel like that would actually cause people to leave.

4 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Tried itlet'ssliked it.

While storage alts are  a problem when people log them in during a raid, I have no problem with people using them when nothing is going on.

But making everything drop from the inventory is not the right way to combat it, I feel like that would actually cause people to leave.

Added poll... Only 1 way to find out :) lets Ask the people of wurm!

1 hour ago, Odynn said:

OR see it the other way around, peeps try to protect their belongings, which means they don't want full loot PvP... might be what you need to change to increase the whole PvPing warfare.

also *pick up token on storage alt, raid safety engaged*

More loot = more interest in raiding?

If this were implemented they could have a 30 day grace period for all currently offline f2p toons before they dump everything giving people time to make chests and locks before they empty them

2 hours ago, Evilreaper said:

More loot = more interest in raiding?

Depends what you want, fill your pockets selling the loot on PvE / keeping good gear for you / yadda yadda OR seeing an increase in PvP and having more interest in playing the game.

The stalemate on Chaos won't be changed by that mechanism, worse you might get more people to leave the game. Yes, PvP is far from perfect now, yes, it need a lot of changes to make it more interesting, is that one of them, doubtful.

Good idea. Just allow unlimited storage within the banks and then alts would no longer be used for storage. Problem resolved, alt storage wise.

=Ayes=

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Depends what you want, fill your pockets selling the loot on PvE / keeping good gear for you / yadda yadda OR seeing an increase in PvP and having more interest in playing the game.

The stalemate on Chaos won't be changed by that mechanism, worse you might get more people to leave the game. Yes, PvP is far from perfect now, yes, it need a lot of changes to make it more interesting, is that one of them, doubtful.

it sounds like a great idea for epic though where you cant just sail off to pve and be home safe

• Like 1

One way to combat alts being used to throw your valuables on when being raided is to make the items drop when fully logged off only if the account is not premium and if there's a premium enemy in local.

4 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

One way to combat alts being used to throw your valuables on when being raided is to make the items drop when fully logged off only if there's a premium enemy in local.

i think the issue is the alts being logged off in the first place before the enemies show up

for example i have 4 storage alts that i very rarely log on; if my deed got raided i wouldnt lose much

requiring premium to not drop your items on logout would mean it doesnt affect regular players, only alts, and imo its not worth it in the long run to pay a monthly subscription just for storing those items when the cost will eventually surpass the worth of those items anyways

• Like 1

Sorry this is really dumb 

Evil, your OP makes it sound like any item carried by any character will drop to the ground when they log off.  Including mains, priests, etc.  So no, I'm not in support of all my items dropping to the ground when I log off (pickaxe, shovel, everyday tools, etc).