The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Sign in to follow this  
bigsteve

bedroll...

Mainly used by new players who have not skilled up enough to make a house and a bed...

Active and use with yout tent, u are able to sleep but only gain sleep bonus a half or quater the rate of whenusing a bed...

Bedroll could be made up of strings of cloth and grass or thatch,

• Like 6

+1...kinda.

I don't see how 5-10 minutes of SB per day is going to help a newbie much, as you can build a house with a bed on your first day anyway. (Plus, 5 mins sb isn't going to do much for you anyhow, especially as a newbie) Seems like 'wasted content'.

I'd rather see a bedroll that is more difficult to create than a bed, which gives normal SB gain even outside of a house. That way, more advanced players can use it while traveling or 'living in a cave'. (Make it either take fast damage or be non-repairable) This would be much more useful and not some 'throw-away' item most newbies wont even know exists until they are past the point of 'requiring'. It would be useful to everyone, not just newbies too.

Edited by Tinderlog
  • Like 3

Always up for it whenever it comes up, especially as a portable version of a bed.

Though, if a bedroll gives similar bonuses as a bed, then the bonuses should be lesser.

Also akin to tents now, there can be a starter bedroll and player-crafted bedrolls.

Aww, that'll make renting beds a thing of the past.

Who am I kidding, who actually uses rented beds any more?

Great idea!

• Like 1

yes yes

All I ever wanted was a bedroll and a little chair to sit on.

or just let everyone get SB regardless of being in a bed at a reduced rate when they sign out

• Like 1

Sorry, yashua, I have to disagree with your suggestion. When you start negating the usefulness of player made items with auto-rewards gameplay suffers. Why craft something that provides no benefit? If anything, the amount of sleep bonus awarded should be based off of the difficulty/quality of the item required. What's next: eliminate the need for horses or boats by just picking a spot on the map?

I've always thought the idea of a bedroll to provide the sb bonus was traveling was a good idea.

I like Tinderlogs proposal very much. I think it would be far more interesting like this.
+1 for bedrolls!

Although... maybe changing an explorer's tent so you can use it for sleeping too would make tents more interesting to craft for travels. At least on freedom/home servers.

• Like 1

I think "sleeping" on the ground / logging out not in a bed or on the (new) bedroll should reduce your sleep bonus.