Sign in to follow this  
PhxReaper

PVP verses PVE

I am an adult with a family and a career. I am not a child. I've been playing Wurm for well over a year and I've spent a TON of money on this game. I would think you would want to keep this type of customer around??? With that being said, I have some question's that I don't understand with the Wurm team logic that is really starting to get under my skin since now you can't mail unfinished items. I know I'm not the only one that has a problem with this and I'm sure you have lost customers due to this issue.

Does a player that either plays on a PVP server or a PVE server pay the same amount monthly for their premium services? I'm pretty sure I know the correct answer is Yes?

If so, then why does the PVP servers get all these nice items, wagons, guard towers and we don't?

Is my money not good enough because I choose to play on a PVE server?

It just seems to me the only difference should be that they could kill each other and have war's....  

I've been in the customer service industry for many years and receiving feed back from your customers is a powerful tool for ANY business to succeed. Just my advice to you, I've seen a lot of your customer's stop playing this game since I've started paying for your services. People don't like it when you take away things, change rules in a big way and treat certain customer's differently than others. I do love the game and I want to see it get better, not worse.

Sincerely,

Phxreaper

• Like 5

I've spent a TON of money on this game.

So buy a kingdom wagon and stop acting over entitled. if you want one nobody is stopping you going to chaos and getting one.

• Like 1

For real, if you all just left weapon enchants alone, there wouldn't be this huge drama fest that is currently on this forum.

Also, I feel very strongly about the fact that you can't have any of the different kingdom wagons or guard towers on the PvE servers. We all want to represent and we all pay for this game so what the heck? We get an ugly green wagon, sweeeet. We get an ugly freedom isles guard tower, sweeet. Freedom Isles should be able to choose what they want to build and not be so limited. Not everyone on your game cares about PvP and those on PvE would all likely agree that this limitation is bull crap.

All the limitations with mailing is also no good. There are so many different items you can't mail which is only detrimental to your own games economy.

Rant complete. Hopefully something is done about this. These limitations have seriously concerned me for a couple years now.

Edited by shuego
  • Like 5

So buy a kingdom wagon and stop acting over entitled. if you want one nobody is stopping you going to chaos and getting one.

Not everyone wants in PvP. I personally will never step foot on a PvP server. Over entitiled? This game is expensive and I think players on PvE deserve the extra content as well.

• Like 1

Wurm, just like most other indie games, is driven by passion, not desire to maximize profit - this have both bad and good sides. When you play indie game, you are guaranteed to have unique experience, but this experience is not suited for everyone, especially as dev focus usually is focused on one aspect of gameplay while marginalizing others. At the same time, budget and amount of devs of this kind of games usually don't allow to expand it in many directions at the same time.

Not everyone wants in PvP. I personally will never step foot on a PvP server. Over entitiled? This game is expensive and I think players on PvE deserve the extra content as well.

Well put Shuego, I wasn't trying to put myself over the other players Deathly.

Not sure what the costs of pvp and pve are.. 

But I know Guards on PvP server cost 3 silvers a month where they cost 1 silver on Freedom. 

On top of that guards are pretty much manditory on PvP servers due to enemy players attacking and Valrei creatures flying through the walls of your deed attacking you.

Where as on Freedom it's not.

Not to mention having to pay extra up-keep if your deed is drained, and having to make/buy materials to re-build your deed when it is catapulted. 

I did play Freedom.. and I think PvE probably costs a decent bit less then PvP.. But I could be wrong!

However, I'd give a +1 to allowing Freedom folks to if not have Kingdom wagons or what not, to be allowed to craft wagons into different patterns. 

And why not do the same for guard towers. 

As far as weapons/armor, that stuff is a lot easier to come by on PvP server as we raid other deeds/players and trade gear around and have to help gear the newer players. 

Special Armor/Weapons aka Ada, Glimmer, and Seryll... Well we have our land/deeds destroyed by meteors to gather glimmer. We have giant monsters attack us for a chance on Seryll.. And Ada can only be found in HoTA or occasional rare loot chests. 

So yes we have moon metals, but we have a price to pay to obtain them. Deeds/land being destroyed. Fighting hard monsters. Risking your life and gear in PvP.

Edited by takatsuki
  • Like 4

just so you know. when you found a PMK the kingdom forks out 1gold, not only that, but kingdom 'artists' spend their own time irl making these banners for their kingdoms. Thus, just because YOU play in this game and you pay a measely premium monthly, does not mean you have any ownership of PMK kingdom banners, wagons and guard towers. Player made kingdoms OWN these items in game because they payed extra for them, not you. If you wish to own these items, it is at the decision of the PMK who owns these items, and that can be for a fee or free of charge. 

Your suggestion should be if freedom can make different kind of patterned wagons not already specifically owned by the kingdom that made them. 

alternatively, HOTS, Template MR wagon and JK Template wagons should be allowed to be made if you feel so strongly about it because it is not tied to any one kingdom specifically. 

Edited by demondan
  • Like 6

Thanks Demondan and Takatsuki! I was unaware of this. But, yes, that option should be given to us as well.

• Like 2

#1 PVP is not to blame for PVE not having PMKs. I doubt any PVP player is against PMKs on PVE. Either the devs haven't spent much time on it yet, or it is impossible to implement this on PVE.

#2 There is no such thing as a pure PVP player. 95% of their time, PVP players do the exact same things as PVE players. Next to this, a large portion of the PVE players has a history on Chaos/Wild, but decided to retire for various reasons. They can still return if they wish to do so.

#3 Exclusive items are usually kept (moon metals) on Chaos or they are sold (HoTA statues) to provide the kingdom with funds so deeds, res stones, sharker orbs can be purchased. These things aren't being sold to spice people's personal bank accounts.

I do agree that seryll for example, should become obtainable on PVE and should be more widely available as this is a metal that mainly has a PVE purpose. Glimmersteel and adamantine on the other hand are metals that only give advantages in PVP and should only be obtainable there.

PVP players take risk to lose skill and gear and receive a higher reward in return. If this is too hard to understand, you're irrational and blinded by jealousy.

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 3

It's honestly like you put 0 research into your post at all, and doesn't even dignify a real response from anyone especially a developer.  

• Like 6

PVP players take risk to lose skill and gear and receive a higher reward in return. If this is too hard to understand, you're irrational and blinded by jealousy.

The point is some do not want to PvP at all, and they also pay for this game. I would hardly call it "irrational and blinded by jealousy". We just want more customization other than an ugly wagon or ugly freedom isles guard tower when we know that there are others implemented in the game already.

• Like 2

Pmks on pve is a great idea

Rather, alliance or guilds is a good idea.

Edited by shuego
  • Like 1

The majority of us don't want pvp...at all. So the whole "We will give pvp exclusive features so that people will want play there" is absolutely ridiculous.

Would you eat a bowl of poo simply because someone sprinkled some candy on it?

The devs seem to think so.

• Like 3

stop acting over entitled

If this is too hard to understand, you're irrational and blinded by jealousy.

It's honestly like you put 0 research into your post at all, and doesn't even dignify a real response from anyone especially a developer.  

It's uproarious and immature that people think they have to act this way when someone is trying to help.

• Like 5

Yeah, I really enjoy the wurm community as a whole. But if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. You are all entitled to your opinion, but don't act so immature. Seriously sick of seeing this all over the forum.

• Like 1

Yeah, sometimes people don't have all the info and they make decisions on that. Doesn't mean you can mock them simply because they didn't know.

• Like 2

So if I understand, the "special" stuff a PMK gets is because they have paid quite a bit for having created the PMK in the first place.

I could see wanting to throw in various perks to encourage people to buy a pricier product... in this case a PMK.

What about the default kingdoms?  Do they get special things as well?  I've only been on Epic about a month so there's a great deal I don't know just yet.

That said, I don't pay anything more than I would living on Deliverance, and thus don't feel I should be entitled to anything more than I would get on Deliverance and vice versa.  I already get greatly increased skill gain as it is.

Since it's only cosmetic, would it be a big deal to allow the default cosmetic enhancements from PvP servers on PvE servers?

I don't see a negative in that, only positives. 

Not sure I see the point of a PMK on a PvE server in what is traditionally the land-holding, expansion-driven role of a PMK.  That said, there are some phat cat merchants on PvE servers.  There are large villages that take in and help new players.

There may be an opportunity to offer similar functionality to a PMK, with equal profit to Code Club, under conditions more appropriate to a PvE environment.

• Like 2

Pmk on pve would give freedomers a chance to make custom banners and wagons.

FYI if a pmk ceases to exist, all wagons and banners revert to white or base Kingdom.

Edited by demondan
  • Like 3

FYI if a pmk ceases to exist, all wagons and banners revert to white or base Kingdom.

Idk about chaos, but thats not true at all on epic. Theres still kos wagons and banners around 

I play on the PvP servers. I'll never play on the Freedom servers because I would feel like I got cheated out of my money for not having the full experience. With that said, I don't give two what you people on Freedom servers get over PvP servers. I agree that if it's in the game, it should be across all servers. Don't just stop with wagons, give the PvE servers the whole nine yards except the PvP part.

• Like 1

Lmao, nobody is stopping you from sailing to chaos and stealing a few banners from MR.

Or you could simply buy it from them. I don't see much use for PMKs in PVE since the

whole point of them was for pvp. And also they pay 1Gold to get their PMKs.

-1 If you want MR,JK,BL,HOTS or Ebonauran wagons and banners, then just ask them, who knows maybe some of them will hand them for free.

• Like 1