Sign in to follow this  
PhxReaper

PVP verses PVE

The wagons and banners should stay the way they are. The reason for this being that each kingdom can only make ONE type of wagon/banner/whatever else with their kingdom design on. Only seems fair that Freedom should get ONE type too.

Then why is it we can go over to the PvP server and bring back wagons, banners and unfinished guard towers? For those who never want to even touch PvP, they get left out. In all fairness since Freedom is not really a kingdom players should be free to choose what they want to represent.

The wagons and banners should stay the way they are. The reason for this being that each kingdom can only make ONE type of wagon/banner/whatever else with their kingdom design on. Only seems fair that Freedom should get ONE type too.

If it were about "fair" we wouldn't have nerfed taming, slow guards, many features added by now including ones we've suggested we're willing to pay cold hard cash for... 

Oh, and if it were about "fair", several PvP'ers who troll and derail thread after thread would have eaten warnings and mutes ages ago.... yet a friend caught a mute for saying her crops "grow with PvP tears".

Maybe Rolf SHOULD remove PvE altogether, see how long you guys can fund Wurm.... and yourselves when suddenly a HotA statue isn't worth the pixels it's rendered on.

Remove what makes PVP server uniques, that way the little attention chaos and epic get from the fanbase will get crushed by the new pve contents. Sorry but i have to disagree.

Im not even sure what you 3-4 freedomers actually want anymore. at one stage you say you want to have custom wagons, then you'd rather not have any PMK funded wagons because it 'hurts' the economy and rather have no custom wagons. or you dont even want to pay a measely sum of usually 20c for a banner or 1-3s for a wagon that was made by one of your fellow wurmians and funded by a whole kingdom, 1 gold. you want it for free, and if you cant have it for free then you dont want anyone to have them. if you cant pay measely sum of 1-3 silver and some copper to represent a kingdom you want then you shouldnt be living on pve. the world is run on money lol. 

wurm201409281650_zps51e4cf7d.jpg

wurm201410201619_1_zps1a6cc3e0.jpg

and i dont even know if the jenn kellon template has a wagon, i couldnt find any images. but these wagons freedomers should be able to freely choose.

just not pmk ones unless you want to pay for it which seems reasonable in the lands of pve.

One more thing to consider, pvpers are benefitting and pvers can't when they obtain Hota statues.

Should we stop gaining money from hunting because there are some pvers who don't like to fight anything?

Remove what makes PVP server uniques, that way the little attention chaos and epic get from the fanbase will get crushed by the new pve contents. Sorry but i have to disagree.

If PVP is such a weak part of the game that having the same items on the Freedom servers would ruin it, you need to get with Rolf to fix PVP problems, not complain about the visual items being part of the other servers.  And that is all we are asking for, the visual items, so we have some variety when crafting.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 2

Some... Variety... If there is no variety you should get Rolf to implement other visual appealing things to wurm instead of ruining a game (pvp) that you don't play.

I see the argument which is if I can't buy it then no one should have it and it should be kept on chaos. So you are spiteful that in your endeavour to increase your variety you would rather stop variety for everyone because you can't afford it? Is that is how it is

Some... Variety... If there is no variety you should get Rolf to implement other visual appealing things to wurm instead of ruining a game (pvp) that you don't play.

You can still do what you want in PVP, how does it ruin PVP?  Unless you count the fact that you would no longer be able to sell PVP exclusive items on the PVE servers, hurting your income.  That's where I agree that PVP and PVE markets should be separated.  I know, only Chaos can sell to the Freedom servers, but if it is going to continue to cause these arguments, separate them.

What about new metals and statues suggested and once implemented are you going to be again wanting what's on chaos ?

If everyone hated what chaos sold then no one would buy it, but people do, in droves, so if you can't afford it its not chaos fault.

You should spend more time suggesting cool new visual items instead if being spiteful and trying to take part of the game away from people in your community

As the larger community (pve) you have the responsibility to nurture the smaller community and allow it to grow. Pve and pvp are two kinds of different people, while there are many pvers among pvpers, some only play for the pvp. Take that away and Rolf loses and pvpers exclusive loses.

If you want colourful amour and weapons, get Rolf to suggest visual appealing items with no buffs. The only coveted item is Hota statues because it has no use on chaos, just for visuals and is exclusive item for pvers to own. If you can't afford it, not pvers fault.

You give Hota statues to everyone and you will make many many pvers angry. It loses its exclusively, its value, it's a prize. Accept that.

Can you imagine if Rolf allowed everyone to craft dragon armour from leather. Lol

Heh craziest farmer I ever met in this game was in LO, a major pvper village. Was the original owner of DoctorChaos.

Speaking of... who owns that account now?

We're not talking about getting the same hota statues, we're talking about our own set of variety, those who don't like the new ones can still buy off Chaos.

And demondan..... sounds like Freedom funds you, if you can't afford it us having new features which would pump way more money into the game than whatever business you run, not our fault.

As the larger community (pve) you have the responsibility to nurture the smaller community and allow it to grow. Pve and pvp are two kinds of different people, while there are many pvers among pvpers, some only play for the pvp.

With the infinite thread derailing and trolling?  Yyyyyeeeaaaah we've lost enough potential and previously existing features "nurturing" you guys.  

Edited by Mordraug

#1  We buy the stuff from Chaos because Rolf makes it only available on Chaos.  If we had it here we would have nothing to do with that server.  Nothing about hate, we just don't want to play that game.  And we are getting tired of having to buy it from a PVPer or go play PVP to get it.  It is Rolf's way of trying to get more to play PVP, and it's not working.  But it is making a profit for PVP players at our expense.

#2  We aren't taking anything from you, just asking to have those items here too.  The only thing that gets taken from you, again, is profits at our expense.

#3  We have NO responsibility to the PVP community to nuture it.  That is Rolf's problem, he made such a weak PVP system and all his efforts to encourage others to join has only, again, helped you to make profits at our expense.

#4  No one is asking to be given HOTA statues.  What would be the problem with a HOTA zone on the PVE servers except, again, profits at our expense?

#5  No one asked to be able to make dragon armor from leather.  We have dragons on our servers too, and I know many PVPers are upset about how it works with dragons now, because, again, it affects the profits they used to get at our expense.

So, in essence, the only thing Chaos would lose is the profit they make from us PVE players, and I could care less.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 4

Someone said that maybe instead of PMK-s there should be baronys on PvE servers. They act the same, but are still freedom template and with barony you get the flags, wagons and the whole shabamm. I could +1 this, have nothing against getting more stuff out to more people!

#1  We buy the stuff from Chaos because Rolf makes it only available on Chaos.  If we had it here we would have nothing to do with that server.  Nothing about hate, we just don't want to play that game.  And we are getting tired of having to buy it from a PVPer or go play PVP to get it.  It is Rolf's way of trying to get more to play PVP, and it's not working.  But it is making a profit for PVP players at our expense.

#2  We aren't taking anything from you, just asking to have those items here too.  The only thing that gets taken from you, again, is profits at our expense.

#3  We have NO responsibility to the PVP community to nuture it.  That is Rolf's problem, he made such a weak PVP system and all his efforts to encourage others to join has only, again, helped you to make profits at our expense.

#4  No one is asking to be given HOTA statues.  What would be the problem with a HOTA zone on the PVE servers except, again, profits at our expense?

#5  No one asked to be able to make dragon armor from leather.  We have dragons on our servers too, and I know many PVPers are upset about how it works with dragons now, because, again, it affects the profits they used to get at our expense.

So, in essence, the only thing Chaos would lose is the profit they make from us PVE players, and I could care less.

as someone who plays on Chaos i don´t have problems with anything except Hota. I kinda feel that there is still risk involved so maybe that would be different. I think treasure hunt is something like that but with better rewards (Supreme stuff wtf) but between longer timers.

Hi,

can't stand this "PvP vs. PvE" dung anymore.
Every time there's a PvP suggestion, angry PvE'ers are derailing it.
Every time there's a PvE suggestion, angry PvP'ers are derailing it.

This stinks! Why can't we finally have an end to this madness,

a clear and simple code split? And a server split too, for sure.

(Yes, I hear the howling from Chaos. But if your PvP game there is as great as you tell us all the times, you might fare well without the possibility to hide on PvE, to skill up on PvE, and to suck PvE coins selling your PvP-exclusive stuff, right?)

When will this be finally addressed? It hurts the game, it creates anger and frustration among the community, it leads to endless forum wars, it's just negative. Shall this go on forever?

Why cannot Rolf hire another server developer that is meant to take over the PvE development, under Rolfs supervision, for sure? Why cannot have alliances in PvE the same (costly!) possibilities as PMKs on PvP (private tabards, flags etc.)? Why needs PvE taming to be completely useless just because it might, once more, "destroy PvP" (just to bring one example)?

This stinks! This doesn't serve the community, this doesn't serve the game as such. It's a cancer that this game is suffering for ways too long. Having a highly specialized indy sand-box, and then trying to cater 2 completely different play styles in one game? With a high emphasis to the most insignificant?

This makes PvP ppl unhappy, because any single small balance patch must be tested before regarding PvE.

And this makes PvE ppl unhappy, because any single small balance patch usually isn't tested, and causes havoc.

It's time to put an end to this.

Code split now, a PvE server dev, and both PvP as well as PvE would improve.

And less hate would be between the 2 parties. IMHO.

Have fun!

• Like 4

We're still saddled with the stupid "deed animal ratio" because of some nonsense that goes on PVP servers that I don't even care about

*shakes fist*

PVP is why we can't have nice things!

• Like 1

Or its so not every animal in the server limit is a horse on deed.

That's a thing right? Like that's why that's there.. Yeah?

Have Fun!

Sincerely,

Awakening ~ Court Chef

As the larger community (pve) you have the responsibility to nurture the smaller community and allow it to grow.

You sound as if you've been "nurtured" enough kid.  This is just a game.  If someone having a wagon the same color as yours is going to "RUIN PVP", it's time to take a step back and analyze what's really important here...

• Like 1

Or its so not every animal in the server limit is a horse on deed.

That's a thing right? Like that's why that's there.. Yeah?

Have Fun!

Sincerely,

Awakening ~ Court Chef

This is supposed to be a sandbox.  "Animal hoarding" isn't really a thing in a sandbox is it?  Nope, look up what a "sandbox" is please.

Blaming other players and causing rifts in the community because of a huge flaw in game design, or inadequate server resources, is the wrong way to look at it.

I'm sorry that kingdoms with more horses had an advantage over those with less, or whatever the reason was.  Fact is, PVE server got nerfed, AGAIN, because of some PVP nonsense.

I'm sorry that kingdoms with more horses had an advantage over those with less, or whatever the reason was.  Fact is, PVE server got nerfed, AGAIN, because of some PVP nonsense.

How many deeds are on a PvP server usually that breed animals?

As of right now, the number is not even close to a single PvE server.

Now.. heh.. a PvE server.. every.. deed.. almost?

I'd argue its more of a PvE change.

But whatever floats your boat, you know best.

:v

Edited by Oreo