Recently got the chance to try out Firewall and despite the name it isn't very wallish nor does the fire do much to stop you passing at all. 

So when you place a Firewall, the two tiles on the border it is casted will cause you to take fire damage. 1-3 dmg but slowly over time aslong as you're on the effected tile. Passing through the firewall will speed this up a little but you don't get slowed/stopped or feel forced to not pass through and can easily run through with little stopping power. It does however block melee combat if somebody crosses and blocks arrows from being fired over. We did notice however that this damage will be a bit faster over time if you stand on the tile for a long period [3-4 minutes] But nobody would be stupid enough for that effect to build up [i hope]

I suggest that the wall should either stop you passing or there should be an increase of damage as you pass, enough to slow you down/make passing not a walk in the park. [4-8 damage whilst on the tile and passing through the 2 tiles and the wall itself gives 10-15 damage from start to end. 

Because right now go ahead if you know somebody with Firewall, you can run through easily with nothing stopping you for such a small amount of damage, so small that the trade off for the debuff/karma casted compared to the other spell stone wall is kinda lame. 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

Exactly, its fire... should be terrifying.

Why I personally haven't been literally throwing coin away for these things (the market is just WAY too hot, high demand and low supply). Sure make something too strong and its game-breaking.

Granted such things can always change overnight.

Edited by Klaa

Exactly, its fire... should be terrifying.

Why I personally haven't been literally throwing coin away for these things (the market is just WAY too hot, high demand and low supply). Sure make something too strong and its game-breaking.

Granted such things can always change overnight.

Yeah, it shouldn't ###### you up to the point of instant death, but you should look at it and feel forced not to pass...But have the option to if you're willing to take a bit of damage..Right now it's like 3-4 damage from start to end and passing through the wall..or....keep the low damage and make it unpassable. 

Edited by Mclovin

I think a good portion of the spells all need a bit of altering to be more similar to actual priest spells.  Like firewall should do the equal amount of damage as fire pillar, but perhaps last a bit longer.  The walnut's "Lightning" one just has a silly cast timer that is impossible to really find use of.  Rustmonster is just god awful.  Lots of the spells just need minor tweaks in terms of timers, damage, and cost.  

• Like 2

Aye not to mention throwing in some kind of counter system, even a something basic like rock-paper-scissors.

rock paper scissors lizard spock

rock paper SHOTGUN

EDIT: All said though, this kind of balancing is a good example of releasing it live to see how it plays out. Otherwise one needs a small army of testers.

Edited by Klaa

Yeah, it shouldn't ###### you up to the point of instant death, but you should look at it and feel forced not to pass...But have the option to if you're willing to take a bit of damage..Right now it's like 3-4 damage from start to end and passing through the wall..or....keep the low damage and make it unpassable. 

What you said about lower damage on the tiles and higher damage passing it is already a nice feature imo

To change it up I would say to remove blocking archery, but keep blocking combat (it just makes sense in a way, nobody swings their arm through a wall of fire).  When passing the wall have the speed slow you down to that of walking on lava

What you said about lower damage on the tiles and higher damage passing it is already a nice feature imo

To change it up I would say to remove blocking archery, but keep blocking combat (it just makes sense in a way, nobody swings their arm through a wall of fire).  When passing the wall have the speed slow you down to that of walking on lava

Well the damage standing on a tile is about 1-3 dmg over some time, where as passing the firewall will simply cause 1-3 dmg straight away...What i meant was it didn't share the same timer as the tile or anything [if i make sense now] 

If you won't swing an arm through a firewall you shouldn't run past a firewall :P I think even allowing archery and making it unpassable is better. theres a few things you can do to improve this, but it just needs improving some way. As postes said, I think most of the tombs could be tweaked just a little. 

Edited by Mclovin

+1 agree with all of this. Tested rust monster on a same kingdom alt and it does absolutely nothing. Weapon took the exact same damage with and without the spell cast on him.