Sign in to follow this  
Lostone

Tundra and Xanadu

Could people on Xanadu make a pack to not destroy tundra.

If at all possible, it does look good and is a pain to make if you still can.

• Like 2

would be nice to learn from our mistakes on other servers ..to preserver steppe n tundra..i really hope we do better this time..as each server i've been on ..steppe is destroyed..all wanna live on it to get animals not realize by living on it..you destroy the habitat you seek to enjoy benefit from.  Same goes for the tundra..atleast steppe can be replanted..tundra has small chance to be made on vyn cast spell and even slower chance to self restore via packed dirt adjacent

simple fix, let us plant tundra or make it easier?

• Like 3

Yeah,  I get rather angry when I see people building on steppe.  (Makes me want to chop and remove their stuff.)  I think it's mostly noobs thinking "hey, open land. Sweet I'm building here."  Instead of the tree area right next to it.

really wish they could code in an overlay zone on those tiles..that you can deed on them or build on them..that would preserve a wilderness habitat area..they are ever only a small percentage of the map but would be nice to see that you can't build on them..leaving them as habitat sites n hunting grounds.  it does evoke feelings of wanting to drive a awl into their ear drum or voice box for deeding over stepple..just saying..maybe time for some xanax...but but i'm on xandu....maybe natural spawn for xanax

Edited by Banarashi

tundra does grow back btw, if you leave it as dirt.

I understand the deal with tundra but planting steppe is trivial since they added the ability to cut grass.

Yep, ugly steepe can be planted anywhere once the lovely trees are decimated. Good luck on preserving tundra, as that will be an exercise in futility. Players will deed and build where they choose. The only way to preserve these types of areas are with game coding that prevents their alteration. Players trying to prevent other players from doing these things will just lead to conflicts and feuds, which personally I avoid.

=Ayes=

I saw some tundra almost right away because there was a big bit of it next to where I started. I wasn't sure what it was at first. I'm still not quite sure. Does tundra do something special or is it just that it's hard to make so a matter of saving it for that reason and the look? I mean that seems like a good enough reason but I was just curious.

Seriously?

If people want to build on a small part of some tundra I can't see what the problem is.

Perhaps while we are here let tell people they can't reclaim land on the coast, it destroy the natural look of the land.

• Like 2

being a desert lover i cringe anytime  the desert gets trashed with weird  pyramids, tunnels ditches and deeds. That said,, I cannot dictate to others how or where they play Wurm outside of my deed. 

While I understand the sentiment, I don't think we can or should try to control  what other people do  outside of our own deeds. 

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 3

Perhaps someone should start a national parks service, have a bunch of people pay into a fund to make a large perimeter deed over such areas. I don't know if thats even viable, but deeding is a sure fire way to keep others from planting tulips in the tundra.

Sadly, perim won't prevent Terra forming, but deeding will... And also prevent spawning. Legal enclosure wou have worked, but then only for the group that did so.

this post is a waste of time, Just like asking people not to butcher the landscape with roads. Instead you should be asking for tundra that actually grows back. Better yet, You shouldn't have to ask for it at all. It should already have been done years ago.

• Like 3

I see tundra, I see it's hideous, I'll change it to steppe, tundra does nothing for me. Lived on tundra on Caldera, hurt nothing when I changed it all to forest.

If you want it preserved and still have spawns you'll have to spend a good sum of coin. 4 deeds, 1 for each side. Wall it all off in a square with no templars. Yes that means some walls in perimeter but if done right no one would ever know and if publicly accessible no need for anyone to ever bash it. You;ll have the hunting ground of your dreams and nothing to complain about on the tundra. I have noticed there's almost no tundra on Xanadu though.

Edited by Ryamu

I see tundra, I see it's hideous, I'll change it to steppe, tundra does nothing for me. Lived on tundra on Caldera, hurt nothing when I changed it all to forest.

If you want it preserved and still have spawns you'll have to spend a good sum of coin. 4 deeds, 1 for each side. Wall it all off in a square with no templars. Yes that means some walls in perimeter but if done right no one would ever know and if publicly accessible no need for anyone to ever bash it. You;ll have the hunting ground of your dreams and nothing to complain about on the tundra. I have noticed there's almost no tundra on Xanadu though.

Ya Ive been around quite a bit of the NE and have only found one large-ish tundra feild

Could all deed the tundra and then not do anything with it. Kinda start a game preserve.

simple fix, let us plant tundra or make it easier?

And moss, please.

I know it don´t got any purpose, but i like that irelad-green-look.

I understand the deal with tundra but planting steppe is trivial since they added the ability to cut grass.

This. I don't get the deal with steppe tbh. Want steppe? Plant one. The others i can understand though.

And i agree that it would be nice and make sense if we could "create" all types of surfaces (except the really special ones like...mycellium...sp?).

Edited by VentureCo