Sign in to follow this  
Mouchard

Workers Permit

Still a fuzzy idea in my head.  Haven't thought it through or flushed it out.

Workers Permit - Purchasable, giftable item.   1 Silver. (Affordable for newbies with a bit of work)

Allows one week (real time) of 21.5 Skill Cap.  Allowing Large Cart, sailing, and Wall bashing ability.   Handy for established property owners that wish to put newbies to work on larger labor intensive projects. Hauling, or caravan deliveries. Allows newbies to work more efficiently and perhaps be able to earn enough in game coin to buy premium for themselves.  Perhaps gives a motivation to distribute coin from the top down through the Wurm society?

Thoughts?

Any ideas to get around the skill cap are a no, if one wants the benefits of premium, then get it, as it is really not hard at all to acquire it.

• Like 3

Temporary. Short Term. Provides motivation for top down economy and enables new player to work for benefit and profit.  If one week of real time is too long  then shorten it.

Looking forward to additional input. 

-1 .. want more than 20 skill buy prem via shop or work for silver, too many griefing possibilities 

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying Mouchard, but you are going to get a lot of resistance to this idea.  It makes it easier for new players, but those who have been here so long will resent that fact alone.  Life in this game is hard and should remain so.  That's really a big part of what keeps us playing so long.

im not sure if this would help new players,but it would certainly help people with multiple deeds if when i have to swap a deed or whatever u can just spend 2s instead of 12(for 2 referals),for that reason many people will be against it

-1   This kind of ideaqs trying to circumvent the limits of free players, to get premium functions come up EVERY week.

OP, this is a bad idea, please just drop it, like all the similar OPs before you.

LoL  All righty then.   I understand your points.  Not a popular idea.  Hope you all understand that I'm just trying to find a way to help generate a flow of economy from top to bottom.  Trying to think of ways that new, and financially challenged players might be better able to make their way into the game and become self sufficient.  Opening the way for yet more new players the next generations on down.  But I'm no economics major.

Is an interesting idea, what if it was 3 or 4 silver a week, and maybe a limit on how many are used (say no more than 2 every 30 day cool-down, started from the first "permit" used)?  Ends up being more expensive than a month of premium (10s vs 12s or 16s), and drives home the point that premium is a better option, but this is still an option.

• Like 1

LoL  All righty then.   I understand your points.  Not a popular idea.  Hope you all understand that I'm just trying to find a way to help generate a flow of economy from top to bottom.  Trying to think of ways that new, and financially challenged players might be better able to make their way into the game and become self sufficient.  Opening the way for yet more new players the next generations on down.  But I'm no economics major.

Completely understandable, however it is very easy for a player to make the funds necessary for a month of premium through working for another player or selling things on their own. So it really should be no issue in getting premium to try.

However, think of it this way, In my village its just two villagers, and 6 premium alts that we use for very specific work.  In order to use them, even for very odd and specific situations, we keep them premium.   If a shorter premium time was available, the game would recieve less money from me.

I also asume that others are in the same situation that I am, with all the priest alts that are around.   So, I dont know the hard numbers, but this suggestion could even cause the game to see less income.

Yeah I agree with the rest, there should never be a way to bypass the cap even if it's just 1.5 points ahead of it it allows them to basically do anything a premium player could do which just isn't fair to those who pay for it. Though having a "Help Wanted" board villages can post a message on would be helpful. It would also put use to the papyrus paper lol that currently has no use.